*****Rangers Goalscorers and Assists Tables 2020/21*****

Broxi

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

Hamilton 0-2 Rangers - Scottish Premiership, Matchday 6

Goals: Ianis Hagi
Assists: Kemar Roofe

Think Tav scored too, also don't think Roofe touched the ball for Hagi's goal and does Kent not get an assist for his shot being parried out for Tav's goal.

25 minutes ago, donegal_ger said:

Think Tav scored too, also don't think Roofe touched the ball for Hagi's goal and does Kent not get an assist for his shot being parried out for Tav's goal.

Woops, do these while the game is going on and forgot to add in the 2nd goal to the post completely despite putting it in the OP tables

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Looking at the stats so far we still might have a problem with the lack of consistent goals from midfield,

And maybe our centre backs should be contributing a few from set pieces ?

Still early, I expect Aribo and Hagi will contribute a few each throughout the season 

Motherwell 1-5 Rangers - Scottish Premiership, Matchday 9

Goals: James Tavernier (2), Jordan Jones, Cedric Itten (2)
Assists: Scott Arfield (2), Ianis Hagi

Also added a total contributions table to the OP with goals + assists 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Assists: Scott Arfield (2), James Tavernier

👍

9 hours ago, Broxi said:

Assists: Scott Arfield (2), James Tavernier

Does Hagi not get credited with the assist for Itten's second? He knocked the ball down for Itten from Tav's corner, using his back albeit.

19 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Does Hagi not get credited with the assist for Itten's second? He knocked the ball down for Itten from Tav's corner, using his back albeit.

My thinking for it was that Hagi’s “touch” was insignificant and unintentional that I decided that the more telling contribution came from Tavernier’s ball in and that it merely took a deflection on the way to Itten. Similar to if a through ball takes a knock off a defender through to a striker. I think if you want to use the stats as a measure of which players created meaningful chances then it makes more sense to give it to Tav than it does to Hagi. 

But I see SPFL have given Hagi the assist and Itten even thanked him for the assist on his social media. So I may change it tomorrow but I think this is where assist stats start to lose value personally 

17 hours ago, Broxi said:

My thinking for it was that Hagi’s “touch” was insignificant and unintentional that I decided that the more telling contribution came from Tavernier’s ball in and that it merely took a deflection on the way to Itten. Similar to if a through ball takes a knock off a defender through to a striker. I think if you want to use the stats as a measure of which players created meaningful chances then it makes more sense to give it to Tav than it does to Hagi. 

But I see SPFL have given Hagi the assist and Itten even thanked him for the assist on his social media. So I may change it tomorrow but I think this is where assist stats start to lose value personally 

I can understand that, but without Hagi being there it doesn't fall to Itten and there's no goal. For me it's either Hagi's assist or just Itten's unassisted goal. I think it goes to show that sometimes stats don't tell the whole story, as it's one where both Tav and Hagi essentially set up Itten, but only one can get the official assist.

As an aside, with Itten thanking him, I wonder if that's something they work on in training. I must admit I don't think it was accidental from Hagi; didn't just deflect off him without him knowing. He's an intelligent player so if he's able to be an asset like this in set pieces then it's yet another thing he can add to the team.