*****Rangers Goalscorers and Assists Tables 2020/21*****

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

// Goals // James Tavernier - 14 Alfredo Morelos - 7 Kemar Roofe - 7 Ryan Kent - 6 Scott Arfield - 6 Joe Aribo - 4 Connor Goldson - 4 Jermaine Defoe - 3 Cedric Itten - 2 Brandon

A bit of extra work to do this week 

@GabrielTomato - Should sticky this mate?

17 hours ago, Broxi said:

My thinking for it was that Hagi’s “touch” was insignificant and unintentional that I decided that the more telling contribution came from Tavernier’s ball in and that it merely took a deflection on the way to Itten. Similar to if a through ball takes a knock off a defender through to a striker. I think if you want to use the stats as a measure of which players created meaningful chances then it makes more sense to give it to Tav than it does to Hagi. 

But I see SPFL have given Hagi the assist and Itten even thanked him for the assist on his social media. So I may change it tomorrow but I think this is where assist stats start to lose value personally 

I can understand that, but without Hagi being there it doesn't fall to Itten and there's no goal. For me it's either Hagi's assist or just Itten's unassisted goal. I think it goes to show that sometimes stats don't tell the whole story, as it's one where both Tav and Hagi essentially set up Itten, but only one can get the official assist.

As an aside, with Itten thanking him, I wonder if that's something they work on in training. I must admit I don't think it was accidental from Hagi; didn't just deflect off him without him knowing. He's an intelligent player so if he's able to be an asset like this in set pieces then it's yet another thing he can add to the team.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not quite sure how you could give Roofe an assist at Hamilton for not touching the ball but "reluctantly" give Hagi an assist for actually touching the ball.

If anything Davis should have the assist, not Roofe. 

I would say that a logical explanation would be that I thought that he did touch it. But just looked at it again and it does seem like it came off the Hamilton player instead so I will remove that assist 

As remarkable as our two full backs are they are still fucken full backs and I expect a 7 million pound winger to be top of the assist charts, at least top, probably far and away top.

If a 300 grand RB has more assists than you you've got a problem.

And any cunt that thinks Gerrard hasn't told Kent that either is out of their gourd.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

As remarkable as our two full backs are they are still fucken full backs and I expect a 7 million pound winger to be top of the assist charts, at least top, probably far and away top.

And any cunt that thinks Gerrard hasn't told Kent that either is out of their gourd.

Tavernier is in the form of his career atm. 

36 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Tavernier is in the form of his career atm. 

I still think Kent should be finishing top assist at Rangers at the very least mate sorry.

He's a rolls of a player mate and he needs to show it over the season.

6 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I still think Kent should be finishing top assist at Rangers at the very least mate sorry.

He's a rolls of a player mate and he needs to show it over the season.

Kent has 5 goals and 5 assists in just over 10 games. 

Tav - 7 goals and 4 assists in 11 and a half. 

Barisic - 1 goal and 6 assists in nearly 10 and a half. 

He'll be up there come the end of the season I'm sure of it. 

Getstiffed and Aubie92 like this
12 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Anyone who thinks Gerrard is having a go at Kent over his current form is just looking for something to moan about.

20 hours ago, Broxi said:

Rangers 2-0 Livingston - Scottish Premiership, Matchday 12

Goals: Joe Aribo, Jermaine Defoe
Assists: Ianis Hagi, James Tavernier

In your total contributions column m8 you have Arfield down as 6 but he is 7

15 players with overall contributions to goals so far....all we need is the 6 main contributors to keep up the good work and I'm confident we will be celebrating 

I'm not even counting Aribo at this stage so factor in him and we will have 7 players who will give us big numbers this season 

Broxi likes this
2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

In your total contributions column m8 you have Arfield down as 6 but he is 7

15 players with overall contributions to goals so far....all we need is the 6 main contributors to keep up the good work and I'm confident we will be celebrating 

I'm not even counting Aribo at this stage so factor in him and we will have 7 players who will give us big numbers this season 

Thanks mate, updated!

hammer93 likes this