Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its a clear GSO however the rules are if the player makes a genuine attempt at playing the ball or it is an accidental clash (like that was imo) then the defending player isnt sent off as its effectively a double whammy to them

Inigo has a point about it not being a goal scoring opportunity.

If you think it was, then the rule states "the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off"

He's not attempted to play the ball so based on your assessment and the rules for that it should be a red. 

I need to look again at the gso aspect tbh.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Somehow missed the Kent thing, and haven't seen a replay since.

In my view the Kent incident wasn’t a penalty because he’s already lost his footing outside the box.

If Kent had gone another couple of steps then gone down it should have been a penalty under continuation of a foul into the box.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

In my view the Kent incident wasn’t a penalty because he’s already lost his footing outside the box.

If Kent had gone another couple of steps then gone down it should have been a penalty under continuation of a foul into the box.

I've heard about this continuation of a foul ruling but never seen in. Do you know what the exact rule is?

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've heard about this continuation of a foul ruling but never seen in. Do you know what the exact rule is?

I can’t remember the exact part of the IFAB rules it’s in but it’s where a foul begins on a player outside the box (i.e holding or grabbing a shirt) and it continues into the box. The ref can give a penalty if it continues into the area, for example a player finally goes down in the box or they are prevented from getting on the end of a cross in the box etc.

For me the final stopping of Kent (him losing his feet) is actually outside the area in this instance, even though he lands inside. You can’t give a penalty for a foul that both starts and ends outside the box, otherwise imagine how many penalties Jürgen Klinsmann would have won with his long jump routine!

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It didnt continue into the box, Kent was already on his way down before the line.

There was NO foul inside the area. 

That’s up for debate but if the Ross County player had hands on Kent when he touched the white line it’s a penalty no matter where the foul started. 👍

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Inigo has a point about it not being a goal scoring opportunity.

If you think it was, then the rule states "the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off"

He's not attempted to play the ball so based on your assessment and the rules for that it should be a red. 

I need to look again at the gso aspect tbh.

Obviously i havent seen the 2 handed push which negates the rest of the argument, however i wonder how a ref would see it if it was a coming together (thats what i thought had happened first, both players looking at the ball and just banging into each other) in which case a red would have been harsh

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Obviously i havent seen the 2 handed push which negates the rest of the argument, however i wonder how a ref would see it if it was a coming together (thats what i thought had happened first, both players looking at the ball and just banging into each other) in which case a red would have been harsh

Harsh but according to the rules a red, unless he makes a genuine effort for the ball during the gso which he hasn't. 

Thought Beaton was very good yesterday. It was the OF show, not the Beaton one.

Wee slap by Morelos, reaction and raised hands by Duffy, both similar and merited a word of caution or yellow at most.

Naughtiest challenge of the day was late on Griffiths holding Bornas arm and twisting against the direction of his body. Sleekit but could easily have caused injury.

But thankfully game not about the ref.

0 for, 0 against.

A game where the ref had little to do but still managed to fuck it.

Blatant penalty missed for foul on Roofe. Arguably another for tug on jersey by the player on a yellow but would want to see it again. At least he did see and correctly give an obvious penalty.

0 for, 1 against.

2 minutes ago, Vision said:

We're just a well oiled machine this season where the bad decisions are having little effect on our game.

Last season we we're allowing these decisions to get the better of us, just shows how much the mentality's improved, long may it continue.

We're clearly not getting involved in incidents that give refs decisions to make. Things like late challenges, dissent, last man challenges have all disappeared from our game. Our discipline is excellent. That for me is the big difference 

Unfortunately there's still too many big wrong decisions going against us. Against Hivs it cost us, today it didn't. Hopefully a long time waiting before a ref impacts on us dropping points.

39 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A game where the ref had little to do but still managed to fuck it.

Blatant penalty missed for foul on Roofe. Arguably another for tug on jersey by the player on a yellow but would want to see it again. At least he did see and correctly give an obvious penalty.

0 for, 1 against.

You only see them at the piggery with Clancy in charge. Should be a pen by the letter of the law but rarely given

Think it was Barisic that pulled a player down near the centre circle.  Play continued but the ref might of went back for a yellow card and we couldn’t really complain.  But should of had a pen and if it was still 2-0 when we got the penalty decision I don’t think he would of gave it. We are still having to play against the bias of referees.