Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Correct, would have been well offside 👍

7DDCCAFA-73F3-42B6-A9AB-8A2885852DD7.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I’d like to see where Hagi is as the ball is headed towards goal. But to be honest it’s not that big a deal. I just haven’t clearly seen his position at that moment. Cheers 

That image is a split second before the defender's shoulder knocks it into the bar.

Is there any particular reason you fail to see Hagi is at least 3 feet offside if it had came off Roofe?

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That image is a split second before the defender's shoulder knocks it into the bar.

Is there any particular reason you fail to see Hagi is at least 3 feet offside if it had came off Roofe?

I do see that he looks offside, but just wanted to see it as the ball hits the defender. I thought at the time he could have been off. 
As I said though it’s not a big deal 👍

1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

I do see that he looks offside, but just wanted to see it as the ball hits the defender. I thought at the time he could have been off. 
As I said though it’s not a big deal 👍

He is offside.  He was at the time, he is now, hes never been close to onside. The photo is a split second from nailing that but it is still the case. Do you accept now he was offside if Roofe had headed the ball?

Not sure though why the very same image being posted previously wasn't sufficient, but we got there in the end.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He is offside.  He was at the time, he is now, hes never been close to onside. The photo is a split second from nailing that but it is still the case. Do you accept now he was offside if Roofe had headed the ball?

Not sure though why the very same image being posted previously wasn't sufficient, but we got there in the end.

There is no need to be patronising. I’d just prefer to see it as the ball was played onto the bar.

and I’ll say it again, it’s no big deal 👍

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So just ignore it all then?

I do, was imparting that very advice to TCWN, occasionally I have tuned in when they are involved in any controversy (Edouard recently striking an opponents face) however as always all I find is disappointment through their lack of parity in comparison to the witch-hunt they led against Morelos.  
Give MSM sport platforms a miss re anything Rangers or set your expectation levels low and you won’t be disappointed. I personally signed up to HaH during lockdown via Patreon and would highly recommend it to any supporter for factual funny and subjective Rangers news and information...

10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I'm noting that the ref slows the game down with nit picking fouls against Rangers that other teams get away with. I believe this is what helps teams park the bus. I didn't say it happened in this case. As I said I'm interested to see how many games this season nit picking fouls will break our teams momentum

I get what you mean and agree. The ref often stops our momentum and does not give us an advantage; but blows for the foul and allows the other team to get back into position when the break is clearly on. Saying that, Collum had a good game, for Collum.

53 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I get what you mean and agree. The ref often stops our momentum and does not give us an advantage; but blows for the foul and allows the other team to get back into position when the break is clearly on. Saying that, Collum had a good game, for Collum.

It was Accies away and we scored twice early . I honestly wouldn't give him credit

He was doing what any of the older refs were meant to do . Simply ref the game fairly

He still couldn't do that

Why are folk still arguing about Hagi being offside, even ignoring the ball hitting the defender to loop onto the bar,both the goalie and another defender hit the ball into Hagi's path, regardless of where he is standing, he is onside. 

There i have just bloody argued about it myself.:headwall:

23 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Why are folk still arguing about Hagi being offside, even ignoring the ball hitting the defender to loop onto the bar,both the goalie and another defender hit the ball into Hagi's path, regardless of where he is standing, he is onside. 

There i have just bloody argued about it myself.:headwall:

If the ball had came off Roofe there's every chance Hagi should have been called offside. He gained advantage from being in an offside position. This can still apply if the shot is saved, deflected off the woodwork, or at times off another player.

The ambiguity in this scenario is whether the goalline defender deliberately plays the ball, or whether his involvement could be considered a part of the save / deflection. If its the former its onside, if its the latter its arguable he'd be offside.

This is a good article

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://behindthefootball.com/can-you-be-offside-if-the-ball-comes-off-a-defender/&ved=2ahUKEwjI2pu12MfrAhWfQhUIHe1yBykQtwIwDHoECAIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0HBQJReKLXzh0nhKNNtwPJ

I think there's a case for both onside / offside, its not clear cut either way (except when it comes off the defenders shoulder).

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If the ball had came off Roofe there's every chance Hagi should have been called offside. He gained advantage from being in an offside position. This can still apply if the shot is saved, deflected off the woodwork, or at times off another player.

The ambiguity in this scenario is whether the goalline defender deliberately plays the ball, or whether his involvement could be considered a part of the save / deflection. If its the former its onside, if its the latter its arguable he'd be offside.

This is a good article

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://behindthefootball.com/can-you-be-offside-if-the-ball-comes-off-a-defender/&ved=2ahUKEwjI2pu12MfrAhWfQhUIHe1yBykQtwIwDHoECAIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0HBQJReKLXzh0nhKNNtwPJ

I think there's a case for both onside / offside, its not clear cut either way (except when it comes off the defenders shoulder).

That is as clear an explanation as I have seen, so the ball hits the bar, hits the goalie them hits a defender, for each one of those scenarios on their own Hagi is off. Bloody confusing as all three happened before it reached Hagi. Still think he is onside after all that.