Jump to content

Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clancy providing zero protection to Rangers players. Guy's never just an  incompetent ref, he's fucking bent.

To think we used to sing 'Its a Conspiracy'...

The thing is none of us are asking for favours, dubious decisions going our way, we want the big decisions to be correct. Even though we did not play well yesterday, we can't play well every matc

Posted Images

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So just ignore it all then?

I do, was imparting that very advice to TCWN, occasionally I have tuned in when they are involved in any controversy (Edouard recently striking an opponents face) however as always all I find is disappointment through their lack of parity in comparison to the witch-hunt they led against Morelos.  
Give MSM sport platforms a miss re anything Rangers or set your expectation levels low and you won’t be disappointed. I personally signed up to HaH during lockdown via Patreon and would highly recommend it to any supporter for factual funny and subjective Rangers news and information...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I'm noting that the ref slows the game down with nit picking fouls against Rangers that other teams get away with. I believe this is what helps teams park the bus. I didn't say it happened in this case. As I said I'm interested to see how many games this season nit picking fouls will break our teams momentum

I get what you mean and agree. The ref often stops our momentum and does not give us an advantage; but blows for the foul and allows the other team to get back into position when the break is clearly on. Saying that, Collum had a good game, for Collum.

Sweetheart likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I get what you mean and agree. The ref often stops our momentum and does not give us an advantage; but blows for the foul and allows the other team to get back into position when the break is clearly on. Saying that, Collum had a good game, for Collum.

It was Accies away and we scored twice early . I honestly wouldn't give him credit

He was doing what any of the older refs were meant to do . Simply ref the game fairly

He still couldn't do that

magic8ball likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are folk still arguing about Hagi being offside, even ignoring the ball hitting the defender to loop onto the bar,both the goalie and another defender hit the ball into Hagi's path, regardless of where he is standing, he is onside. 

There i have just bloody argued about it myself.:headwall:

magic8ball likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Why are folk still arguing about Hagi being offside, even ignoring the ball hitting the defender to loop onto the bar,both the goalie and another defender hit the ball into Hagi's path, regardless of where he is standing, he is onside. 

There i have just bloody argued about it myself.:headwall:

If the ball had came off Roofe there's every chance Hagi should have been called offside. He gained advantage from being in an offside position. This can still apply if the shot is saved, deflected off the woodwork, or at times off another player.

The ambiguity in this scenario is whether the goalline defender deliberately plays the ball, or whether his involvement could be considered a part of the save / deflection. If its the former its onside, if its the latter its arguable he'd be offside.

This is a good article

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://behindthefootball.com/can-you-be-offside-if-the-ball-comes-off-a-defender/&ved=2ahUKEwjI2pu12MfrAhWfQhUIHe1yBykQtwIwDHoECAIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0HBQJReKLXzh0nhKNNtwPJ

 

I think there's a case for both onside / offside, its not clear cut either way (except when it comes off the defenders shoulder).

dummiesoot likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If the ball had came off Roofe there's every chance Hagi should have been called offside. He gained advantage from being in an offside position. This can still apply if the shot is saved, deflected off the woodwork, or at times off another player.

The ambiguity in this scenario is whether the goalline defender deliberately plays the ball, or whether his involvement could be considered a part of the save / deflection. If its the former its onside, if its the latter its arguable he'd be offside.

This is a good article

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://behindthefootball.com/can-you-be-offside-if-the-ball-comes-off-a-defender/&ved=2ahUKEwjI2pu12MfrAhWfQhUIHe1yBykQtwIwDHoECAIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0HBQJReKLXzh0nhKNNtwPJ

 

I think there's a case for both onside / offside, its not clear cut either way (except when it comes off the defenders shoulder).

That is as clear an explanation as I have seen, so the ball hits the bar, hits the goalie them hits a defender, for each one of those scenarios on their own Hagi is off. Bloody confusing as all three happened before it reached Hagi. Still think he is onside after all that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Why are folk still arguing about Hagi being offside, even ignoring the ball hitting the defender to loop onto the bar,both the goalie and another defender hit the ball into Hagi's path, regardless of where he is standing, he is onside. 

There i have just bloody argued about it myself.:headwall:

I’m sure in a few of the amendments to the offside rule over the last few years he would have been offside but in today’s rule he’s fine .

dummiesoot likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The biggest and cleverest of them all 

He will be number one choice, if there was a championship decider .Count on that 

Sad thing is he’s probably the best ref in the country .

But that’s just like saying Bella Emberg is the hottest woman in the country 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billscott said:

he is in the top 30 referees list at uefa    say no more

Do you like

 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Sad thing is he’s probably the best ref in the country .

But that’s just like saying Bella Emberg is the hottest woman in the country 

This place is going mad 

Bears r us and magic8ball like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...