Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

All I'm hearing today is how hibs we're denied a blatant penalty and might have got another.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

I never watched Sportscene last night, but if anybody did, what was their take on this " tackle "

Watching the game yesterday I thought Tav's penalty claim was a greater stonewaller.

31 minutes ago, Vision said:

All I'm hearing today is how hibs we're denied a blatant penalty and might have got another.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

I never watched Sportscene last night, but if anybody did, what was their take on this " tackle "

Watching the game yesterday I thought Tav's penalty claim was a greater stonewaller.

Seeing that again in slowmo thats a penalty. His left leg slides over the top of the ball and takes out Roofe. He only brings the ball under control after that with his right foot. Clear penalty in hindsight.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Seeing that again in slowmo thats a penalty. His left leg slides over the top of the ball and takes out Roofe. He only brings the ball under control after that with his right foot. Clear penalty in hindsight.

Yeah, definitely reckless.

10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Dunno why the Hagi incident is even getting talked about. He kicked thin air ffs, 

He didn't kick thin air, he kicked the ball. It's never a penalty in a million years. I've seen that type of clearance thousands of times and it never gets mentioned. This one only made the highlight reel because the guy feigned injury. The real question is why the guy is holding his face and rolling around when Hagi clearly never came close to touching him. Boyle also threw himself theatrically after slightly nudging into Kamara near our goal line and somehow never got booked for the most blatant dive and desperate attempt to win a penalty I've ever seen. 

Their game-plan was to try and con the ref by diving in and around our box at every opportunity because they knew they weren't going to score from open play. Not only do they not receive any sort of punishment for cheating but fucking morons like Michael Stewart will go on national TV and back them. If we had won a penalty from an opponent clearing the ball like Hagi did and not making any contact with any of our players, he would be the first one to criticise it.

Obviously this thread has its fans given the number of pages but fuck me it’s embarrassing.

What’s the purpose in keeping a tally?

We get one more decision go against us rather than for us by the end of the season and it’s proof of an official conspiracy?

If not, how many more against us then?

We get more in our favour are we being given a hand?

Deary fucking me.

Playground stuff. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its been running a few years now.

Initially folk just moaned about refereeing decisions. Then displays like Beaton v Hivs really made some question whether it was just incompetence. One poster said it was just that, but couldn't explain why it never evened itself out. 

If there's nothing to it, then surely there's no issue seeing how it all pans out over a season.

Last season wrong decisions that were big / game changing in nature against us were over double those in our favour. Why? This season, we've barely given refs decisions to make but wrong decisions are 11 against us, 3 for. Why? We tend to discuss the incidents, so its not just my unique view what gets included in the results. 

Now season upon season we seem hard done to, we've just been denied an independent review of the SFA and biased CO process, we're currently seeing wrong results go against us and you're happy to just accept it and call this embarrassing? That's embarrassing. 

Every single fan of every single club feels hard done by by decisions.

They become more of an issue when you don’t win competitions, nobody really gives a fuck when you win stuff.

Out of genuine curiosity what wrong results are going against us this season? 

7 hours ago, beararse said:

Every single fan of every single club feels hard done by by decisions.

They become more of an issue when you don’t win competitions, nobody really gives a fuck when you win stuff.

Out of genuine curiosity what wrong results are going against us this season? 

Its not big decisions, its big wrong decisions. 

Agreed, and often they prevent you winning stuff. The cup final offside goal a prime example. But worse than that was Clancy performance away to the scum Dec last year where he unsuccessfully did everything to try to deny us. When every decision against us was imo spot on, but every decision against them is repeatedly missed / seen but not given, then its beyond incompetence. And there were plenty.

Post 1 on this thread is the running tally. Did you not read the OP before criticising the thread 🤔

34 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Agreed, and often they prevent you winning stuff. The cup final offside goal a prime example. But worse than that was Clancy performance away to the scum Dec last year where he unsuccessfully did everything to try to deny us. When every decision against us was imo spot on, but every decision against them is repeatedly missed / seen but not given, then its beyond incompetence. And there were plenty.

Post 1 on this thread is the running tally. Did you not read the OP before criticising the thread 🤔

I’ve got to agree that for the first time ever, the Clancy game your referring to made me think that a referee was actually intentionally, obviously and blatantly going about his business in order to benefit one of the teams he was officiating.
Right from the penalty award from the corner (which I hadn’t seen him award to a team previously in these circumstances, nor since) to the ridiculous celtic player challenges he repeatedly gives decisions for or fails to book their players, or the (captured on tv) booking of Scott Brown twice, which he later denied. The list that day is massive. 
I believe most referees try their best but there is far too much incompetence in Scottish officiating where undoubtedly they take the path of least resistance in most circumstances.

In Clancy’s case however, with reference to that game (in my mind anyway) I have concluded that he was nothing more than a cheat who fortunately was unable to turn the score line against us, but for no lack of trying...

8 hours ago, beararse said:

Obviously this thread has its fans given the number of pages but fuck me it’s embarrassing.

We get one more decision go against us rather than for us by the end of the season and it’s proof of an official conspiracy?

Deary fucking me.

Playground stuff. 

Guy running it is more concerned with conspiracy theories and what celtic are at than Rangers

9 hours ago, beararse said:

Deary fucking me.

Playground stuff. 

Then why bother replying to it then . If the thread is that bad .

Plenty bears on here appreciate these refs should be accountable . And this thread at least, gives you  a record of the bad decisions that seem to go more againt us than for . There will be plenty additional posts next weekend . I can assure you of that 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When referees are making the same mistakes in games not involving us, how does it fit into going "beyond incompetence"?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

When referees are making the same mistakes in games not involving us, how does it fit into going "beyond incompetence"?

Fair enough, please show us a penalty for us akin to the one they got to allow them to open up the Hamilton defence. That’s only this week’s comparison.

This thread is required. 

24 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Then why bother replying to it then . If the thread is that bad .

Plenty bears on here appreciate these refs should be accountable . And this thread at least, gives you  a record of the bad decisions that seem to go more againt us than for . There will be plenty additional posts next weekend . I can assure you of that 

To exchange a view.

Kinda what a forum is all about.

I did read it. Still don’t see the point. Some decisions go against us, some go for us. 
Were someone to point me in the direction of similar threads on Kerrydale Street, or an Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee Utd forum  (which I’m sure there will be) then I, and many on here, would be having a field day.

Still not furnished me with an answer to what ‘wrong results are going against us this season?’

Just now, The Dude said:

Nae interest in working in TV mate. If that tackle had been made on Morelos or Roofe we'd have been screaming for a penalty.

I thought it was a dive but I guess we are all going to have differing opinions. 

Take referees out of the equation, do you honestly believe that Scottish footballs governance is being run fairly without any bias?

This thread is welcome in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

I thought it was a dive but I guess we are all going to have differing opinions. 

Take referees out of the equation, do you honestly believe that Scottish footballs governance is being run fairly without any bias?

This thread is welcome in my opinion. 

The only bias most in Scottish football show is toward their own clubs. Most people at other clubs couldnt give a flying fuck about Rangers or Celtic and aren't in the least bit interested in some made-up conspiracy designed to help/hinder one or the other. Given we've dropped four points from 60, this must be up there with the worst conspiracies ever.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The only bias most in Scottish football show is toward their own clubs. Most people at other clubs couldnt give a flying fuck about Rangers or celtic and aren't in the least bit interested in some made-up conspiracy designed to help/hinder one or the other. Given we've dropped four points from 60, this must be up there with the worst conspiracies ever.

I can’t make up my mind if referees have become more transparent lately because we have become less dominant or we have become less dominant because the referees have become more transparent. We weren’t really mentioning them until lately, coincidentally it started at the same time as that bastardised team going through a bad spell. 

Surely there was a bias shown against the teams who have now had their punishment redacted after successfully arguing against them. Scottish football’s governance isn’t in a good place.