Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

We get some bad decisions against us at times but literally every club in the world does. 

Celtic fans I work with are convinced the referees are all against them, that the DR is a Rangers paper and the SFA hate the sight of them and support us.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

That's weird, because you spend so much of your time talking about me.

That’s complete rubbish .Almost the level of para you accuse me of .Think the last time I mentioned you was the Summer .You were being a clever dick then .And you continue to be a clever dick now 👍

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Do Falkirk have the same issues with the SFA as we seem to? Do they have the same insolvent retrospectively with the CO as we have had over the years? I dint know btw.

I guess it comes down to whether you think we get even number of wrong decisions for / against. If you do, I'm surprised as that's not apparent. If not, why not? If not and its incompetence should it typically even itself out over time, does it, if not why not?

BTW I'm at work today, won't be able to reply much 👍

They were 'unfairly' denied a playoff place last season after the season was curtailed.

They were denied promotion three times 'unfairly' because of stadium rules and clubs refusing to allow a groundshare.

It won't be a strictly even split but every club gets some for and against them. Without comparing the number of mistakes referees make in games NOT involving us/Celtic, you won't get an accurate picture of just how inept they are (Willie collum for example missed Ryan Porteous catching the ball in his own box and later punching it into the net v St. Mirren earlier this season).

I'm not one of these folk who get pissy over when/how quickly you reply :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, beararse said:

You said ‘wrong results against us’ this season.

So I presume it’s  wrong decisions,  not results. 

Given the most up to date technology used in VAR can’t eradicate contentious decisions from the game then it’s highly unlikely some fella running around the middle of the pitch watching the game in real time will get everything right.

Just because they fail in their duties from time to time doesn’t point towards conspiracy and to list them all is on a par with celtic submitting their dossier of ‘evidence’ back in the day when we were ruling the roost.

Wrong results in a referees decision making, I'd clearly stated it was officials decisions the whole thread is about 

I don't expect everything to be right.

But if its incompetence would it balance itself out over time Y or N? Is it balancing out Y or N? If Y, how does that correlate with post 1 and previous seasons findings? If N, why not?

I remember weah telling the story that Collum didn't book him for celebrating in amongst the crowd ,"as no-one fell over". Despite booking another player for the same celebration. But I've seen Tav booked for Stokes throw him to the ground, Morelos for McGregor superman diving him, Candeais for blowing a kiss, Halliday for an aggressive goal celebrating fist pump. But yeah its just incompetence or how refs interpret ibcidents and its always impartial eh.

I'll reply to any reply tonight. 

44 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We get some bad decisions against us at times but literally every club in the world does. 

Celtic fans I work with are convinced the referees are all against them, that the DR is a Rangers paper and the SFA hate the sight of them and support us.

Hearts fans think Beaton and Collum are against them

49 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

celtic fans I work with are convinced the referees are all against them, that the DR is a Rangers paper and the SFA hate the sight of them and support us.

100% This!

Just as most Tims think the media is against them.

7 minutes ago, Swally said:

Isn't it weird how a lot, if not most, if not all fans think referees are against them?

Refs are brutal in Scotland but if you look at other teams forums say down south near enough all of them think refs have an agenda against their club. 

Just a football thing with fans. 

4 minutes ago, Swally said:

Isn't it weird how a lot, if not most, if not all fans think referees are against them?

There was a time back in the 60s when most Rangers fans believed that the refs were on our side, along with the rest of the establishment, it's now turned 180 degrees.

There's always been corruption and back handers/influence in football.

Especially notable all the way to the top in the numerous incidents in European football in the 70s and 80s. 

Here's a game in 1974 for example where the referee on numerous occasions refused to book cellic players for simulation, and play acting. Especially shocking is the behaviour by that wee number 7 trying to get fellow professionals sent off by consistently diving. 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

This year we have played through a lot of the the shite .Just like the game at the piggery last December.Clancy was awful .Gave a penalty for a tug of a shirt that .How often does that happen and when it does the usual suspects in the media start screaming .Oh if the ref gives that in an Old Firm there would be a riot .Well he did ,there was no riot and there were multiple occasions he could have shown fairness and gave us penalties for the same offence at the other end .

Every 50/50 went there way that day ,From a similar distance away he managed to see that Morelos took a dive but a few minutes earlier he couldn’t see that Julien took Morelos out last man and should have been off the park .

Their goal shouldn’t have stood either ,maybe it wasn’t easy to see the handball but it’s highly likely this would have been seen should it have been Morelos.

Referees do make wrong calls ,they are only human ,But with the law of averages they should balance out ,Maybe not in one game but over a season or even 10 games .

Clancy was incompetent that day as all refs are .But the consistency was he was incompetent as the same side in 100pc of the big decisions.

My description of what would be beyond incompetent would be ,He made those decisions with fear .Fear of getting them wrong the “wrong” way .Look at the shouting and balling already this weekend about the Hibs game ,several 50/50 penalties not given but only the ones against us are being highlighted .

Clancy was on the fast track referee career ladder .So he had more fear than most .Interesting that he seems to be a lot less high profile this season than last season .He’s hardly been seen .Maybe just maybe something is going on at the SFA and realise that Clancy just can’t be trusted to referee big games as he has no bottle or that he was too focused on his career path rather than doing what he was meant to and referee games of football .

Until last month much was made about Scotland having so many years since being at a major finals .That question will be getting asked about our referees very soon .It’s no coincidence that our standards have plummeted since the trial by Sportscene compliance system came in .It needs binned .

Terrific post. 

21 minutes ago, tannerall said:

There was a time back in the 60s when most Rangers fans believed that the refs were on our side, along with the rest of the establishment, it's now turned 180 degrees.

There's always been corruption and back handers/influence in football.

Especially notable all the way to the top in the numerous incidents in European football in the 70s and 80s. 

Here's a game in 1974 for example where the referee on numerous occasions refused to book cellic players for simulation, and play acting. Especially shocking is the behaviour by that wee number 7 trying to get fellow professionals sent off by consistently diving. 

1974.... :)

28 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

This year we have played through a lot of the the shite .Just like the game at the piggery last December.Clancy was awful .Gave a penalty for a tug of a shirt that .How often does that happen and when it does the usual suspects in the media start screaming .Oh if the ref gives that in an Old Firm there would be a riot .Well he did ,there was no riot and there were multiple occasions he could have shown fairness and gave us penalties for the same offence at the other end .

Every 50/50 went there way that day ,From a similar distance away he managed to see that Morelos took a dive but a few minutes earlier he couldn’t see that Julien took Morelos out last man and should have been off the park .

Their goal shouldn’t have stood either ,maybe it wasn’t easy to see the handball but it’s highly likely this would have been seen should it have been Morelos.

Referees do make wrong calls ,they are only human ,But with the law of averages they should balance out ,Maybe not in one game but over a season or even 10 games .

Clancy was incompetent that day as all refs are .But the consistency was he was incompetent as the same side in 100pc of the big decisions.

My description of what would be beyond incompetent would be ,He made those decisions with fear .Fear of getting them wrong the “wrong” way .Look at the shouting and balling already this weekend about the Hibs game ,several 50/50 penalties not given but only the ones against us are being highlighted .

Clancy was on the fast track referee career ladder .So he had more fear than most .Interesting that he seems to be a lot less high profile this season than last season .He’s hardly been seen .Maybe just maybe something is going on at the SFA and realise that Clancy just can’t be trusted to referee big games as he has no bottle or that he was too focused on his career path rather than doing what he was meant to and referee games of football .

Until last month much was made about Scotland having so many years since being at a major finals .That question will be getting asked about our referees very soon .It’s no coincidence that our standards have plummeted since the trial by Sportscene compliance system came in .It needs binned .

This is exactly what’s happening. Brilliantly explained!

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Surely a major component of refereeing incompetency is inconsistency.

And before you highlight he was consistently incompetent, he wasn’t as he was, in your opinion, incompetent in making decisions that only affected one team, and was thereby inconsistent in his application of the rules.

If he’s inconsistent in applying the rules of the game then he’s incompetent.

If he’s incompetent in applying the rules if the game, then he’ll be inconsistent in his decisions making.

Either way, incompetent and inconsistent go hand in hand.

Clancy is just a very poor referee who is slightly better than the other very poor referees.

There is no hidden agenda.  

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

And none of those several posts answer my original question of how does referees making the same mistakes fit into the idea that it is 'beyond incompetence'?

Tbf mate, I don’t pander to any conspiracy theory but this is a club forum for members to discuss and debate what they believe to be relevant (or not) with all things to do with the club/ other clubs/ Scottish football in general as well as a host of other subjects.

If it’s a talking point re officiating in our matches rightly or wrongly, it’s evident by this particular thread that this subject has supporters for and against (healthy forum). I also believe they (referees) are largely incompetent. Their poor decision making runs through all of the league clubs but this forum gave me a chance to air an opinion re Clancy’s performance at Parkhead which is the only time I believe that an officials decision making (for whatever reason) went beyond incompetence. (Obviously some time ago now but as you can tell it really irked me then and still does now)...

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Surely a major component of refereeing incompetency is inconsistency.

And before you highlight he was consistently incompetent, he wasn’t as he was, in your opinion, incompetent in making decisions that only affected one team, and was thereby inconsistent in his application of the rules.

If he’s inconsistent in applying the rules of the game then he’s incompetent.

If he’s incompetent in applying the rules if the game, then he’ll be inconsistent in his decisions making.

Either way, incompetent and inconsistent go hand in hand.

Clancy is just a very poor referee who is slightly better than the other very poor referees.

There is no hidden agenda.  

The agenda comes mainly from the refs being influenced by outer pressures by the media and the compliance system. This is resulting in 50/50 decisions that happen in all games being warped in ours so that it falls on whichever decisions is detrimental to us. No other teams have this type of agenda. 

The latest Morelos incident could of went either way and if it was any other team it would of stayed a yellow, refs up until that point were acting fairly ,we’ve now seen the same shift as we’ve had in previous seasons and it’s due to them being unable to handle the pressure.