Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

31 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The agenda comes mainly from the refs being influenced by outer pressures by the media and the compliance system. This is resulting in 50/50 decisions that happen in all games being warped in ours so that it falls on whichever decisions is detrimental to us. No other teams have this type of agenda. 

The latest Morelos incident could of went either way and if it was any other team it would of stayed a yellow, refs up until that point were acting fairly ,we’ve now seen the same shift as we’ve had in previous seasons and it’s due to them being unable to handle the pressure. 

‘No other teams....’ ?

Have you asked the opinion of others fans if they feel hard done by, or is it just your opinion that they don’t?

I don’t know a single football fan who doesn’t feel aggrieved during a game.

I get that Rangers fans get upset with certain decisions. I get upset by decisions regularly. 

What I don’t get is how folk on here seem to think the feeling is exclusive to Rangers.

Just now, beararse said:

‘No other teams....’ ?

Have you asked the opinion of others fans if they feel hard done by, or is it just your opinion that they don’t.

I get that Rangers fans get upset with certain decisions. I get upset by decisions regularly. 

What I don’t get is how folk on here seem to think the feeling is exclusive to Rangers.

Other teams also feel that refs are against them, I get that but they haven’t the same media bias or compliance officer interference that we alone get. I know it’s argumentative and even speculative but the compliance officer wouldn’t of interfered in the yellow card that Morelos received against any other team. This is done to undermine and influence the referees. The bile by Stewart is also done for the same purpose and I’m afraid it works. 

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

‘No other teams....’ ?

Have you asked the opinion of others fans if they feel hard done by, or is it just your opinion that they don’t?

We are all biased regarding our teams when it comes to referees.

But that doesn't invalidate the argument that because all fans think that some decisions go against their team, that referees can't also have their biases or be affected by influences such as crowds, media, managers and players and the referee hierarchy.

Your a brave man to give an important decisions against a certain club as you'll be slaughtered in the media for days or even weeks.

Just look at the Hibs game, the media still going on about hibs not getting a penalty. Hardly mentioned the ones for our side, or as another example the soft one given against Hamilton.

Your not the smartest if you don't think refs can be affected by outside influences.

Just now, five stars said:

We are all biased regarding our teams when it comes to referees.

But that doesn't invalidate the argument that because all fans think that some decisions go against their team, that referees can't also have their biases or be affected by influences such as crowds, media, managers and players and the referee hierarchy.

Your a brave man to give an important decisions against a certain club as you'll be slaughtered in the media for days or even weeks.

Just look at the Hibs game, the media still going on about hibs not getting a penalty. Hardly mentioned the ones for our side, or as another example the soft one given against Hamilton.

Your not the smartest if you don't think refs can be affected by outside influences.

A big part of that is because a) quotes were embargoed until 2230 last night so will only have hit this morning's papers b) the spell between Xmas and New Year is typically pretty slow news-wise.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And there is clearly 2 apologists for Rangers fans trying to derail this thread today .Depressing seeing good bears having to debate with these people .What is the point ,I ask myself .The 2 of them are not worth the bother .You say black ,they will say red anyway .Sema Will no doubt be back on later to defend himself .He loves that sort of stuff .Yet I fully back him on this matter 

So this thread will no doubt go on and on and on with counter argument .

I'm just doing the work the RM mods pay me for. :belm:

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A big part of that is because a) quotes were embargoed until 2230 last night so will only have hit this morning's papers b) the spell between Xmas and New Year is typically pretty slow news-wise.

Hows long did they go on about Beaton not sending off Morelos? More slow news days?

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

2 apologists for Rangers fans

The above quote from you pretty much sums you up.

If folk don’t agree with you then they’re not real Rangers fans.

If you want to sound like a self entitled paranoid tit then crack on sunshine.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Quotes from who were embargoed? 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

And there is clearly 2 apologists for Rangers fans trying to derail this thread today .Depressing seeing good bears having to debate with these people .What is the point ,I ask myself .The 2 of them are not worth the bother .You say black ,they will say red anyway .Sema Will no doubt be back on later to defend himself .He loves that sort of stuff .Yet I fully back him on this matter 

So this thread will no doubt go on and on and on with counter argument .

How are these 2 so called ‘apologists’ not allowed to debate like everyone else? Is it because their opinion doesn’t match yours? 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

They were 'unfairly' denied a playoff place last season after the season was curtailed.

They were denied promotion three times 'unfairly' because of stadium rules and clubs refusing to allow a groundshare.

It won't be a strictly even split but every club gets some for and against them. Without comparing the number of mistakes referees make in games NOT involving us/Celtic, you won't get an accurate picture of just how inept they are (Willie collum for example missed Ryan Porteous catching the ball in his own box and later punching it into the net v St. Mirren earlier this season).

I'm not one of these folk who get pissy over when/how quickly you reply :thumbsup:

Ah but not genuinely unfairly if that was how the clubs voted. 

Those 3 times were any rules broken by the authorities?

I've already said that I believe incompetence to be highly significant. I just don't see when it doesn't even out in all games involving Rangers why some are happy to consider it can't be more than incompetence. And I genuinely don't think it evens out based on decisions documented on post 1 which id hope are objective, they're certainly meant to be.

I'd say comparing us with the scum is fair as the two dominant clubs, typically biggest influences at games with big vocal support, often dominate possession and chances etc. I just don't see parity in treatment. Their captain is a thug and officials/ the CO repeatedly ignore stuff our players don't near do but get hammered. What is it, one on field incident CO retrospective action against them compared to loads for us?

In the past few OF games we've both benefitted and lost out on big wrong decisions. Those against us have been like an avalanche compared to their trickle. 

There's folk that don't want to even discuss the topic for fear of sounding taigy, regardless of what the decisions are. Others think its purely incompetence even if it never balances out. I tend to think we're disliked as a club and its sometimes easier for officials to 'miss' things we should be given but see an awful lot more of things against us. Bias more than conspiracies in the bowels of the sfa. 

Each to their own it'll never be proven either way unless a ref subsequently comes out and admits bias. Dont think we need that admission of guilt to see the faults and bias within the CO procedure.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Newell 

I'm not following. Quotes from Newell were embargoed so the msm just kept going on about it? What has Newell said?

Waa it because Rice at Hamilton had his interview broadcast that his views were aired but Newells from a game hours earlier werent?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not following. Quotes from Newell were embargoed so the msm just kept going on about it? What has Newell said?

Waa it because Rice at Hamilton had his interview broadcast that his views were aired but Newells from a game hours earlier werent?

Yeah. Newell was in this mornings papers saying it shouldve been a penalty and Collum was nervous. Some of the post match will come out immediately, some on Sunday and some on Monday (done so it drives paper sales). Some clubs will hold entirely separate pressers for dailies, digital and Sundays, although the content itself will usually be largely similar. 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ah but not genuinely unfairly if that was how the clubs voted. 

Those 3 times were any rules broken by the authorities?

I've already said that I believe incompetence to be highly significant. I just don't see when it doesn't even out in all games involving Rangers why some are happy to consider it can't be more than incompetence. And I genuinely don't think it evens out based on decisions documented on post 1 which id hope are objective, they're certainly meant to be.

I'd say comparing us with the scum is fair as the two dominant clubs, typically biggest influences at games with big vocal support, often dominate possession and chances etc. I just don't see parity in treatment. Their captain is a thug and officials/ the CO repeatedly ignore stuff our players don't near do but get hammered. What is it, one on field incident CO retrospective action against them compared to loads for us?

In the past few OF games we've both benefitted and lost out on big wrong decisions. Those against us have been like an avalanche compared to their trickle. 

There's folk that don't want to even discuss the topic for fear of sounding taigy, regardless of what the decisions are. Others think its purely incompetence even if it never balances out. I tend to think we're disliked as a club and its sometimes easier for officials to 'miss' things we should be given but see an awful lot more of things against us. Bias more than conspiracies in the bowels of the sfa. 

Each to their own it'll never be proven either way unless a ref subsequently comes out and admits bias. Dont think we need that admission of guilt to see the faults and bias within the CO procedure.

Ive always thought in recent seasons that sub consciously ref will not favour us because they are afraid of being the ref that may ultimately cost that mob 10iar 

This season its been easier for refs given how awful the tarriers have been, however, if the league was tighter, i can see the hagi high boot being given at the weekend because collum didnt want to gift us two extra points which could have swung the league

This all stems from how their fans behave etc, and while we shouldn't go as low as they have, i feel and have said before that stiff upper lip, dignified silence shit is long gone and it was time for us as a club and a fanbase to start fighting dirty, start pressuring officials, start being vocal when it comes to even minor decisions

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah. Newell was in this mornings papers saying it shouldve been a penalty and Collum was nervous. Some of the post match will come out immediately, some on Sunday and some on Monday (done so it drives paper sales). Some clubs will hold entirely separate pressers for dailies, digital and Sundays, although the content itself will usually be largely similar. 

Not read quotes. Is that him being critical of match officials? He'll be getting nervous now himself if he has been id hope, pretty sure that's not permitted.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not read quotes. Is that him being critical of match officials? He'll be getting nervous now himself if he has been id hope, pretty sure that's not permitted.

Theres been a few this weekend across various games that could see themselves cited for similar. 

1 hour ago, beararse said:

The above quote from you pretty much sums you up.

If folk don’t agree with you then they’re not real Rangers fans.

If you want to sound like a self entitled paranoid tit then crack on sunshine.

Correct , a few in here accused me of being a Tim last week in here , ruined ma whole Christmas .