Jump to content

Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?


Recommended Posts

Just now, five stars said:

We are all biased regarding our teams when it comes to referees.

But that doesn't invalidate the argument that because all fans think that some decisions go against their team, that referees can't also have their biases or be affected by influences such as crowds, media, managers and players and the referee hierarchy.

Your a brave man to give an important decisions against a certain club as you'll be slaughtered in the media for days or even weeks.

Just look at the Hibs game, the media still going on about hibs not getting a penalty. Hardly mentioned the ones for our side, or as another example the soft one given against Hamilton.

Your not the smartest if you don't think refs can be affected by outside influences.

A big part of that is because a) quotes were embargoed until 2230 last night so will only have hit this morning's papers b) the spell between Xmas and New Year is typically pretty slow news-wise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clancy providing zero protection to Rangers players. Guy's never just an  incompetent ref, he's fucking bent.

To think we used to sing 'Its a Conspiracy'...

I think you’ll find that Bolingoli is a separate entity so celtic cannot be responsible  infact he changed his name by deed poll to St Patrick Bolingoli earlier today

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And there is clearly 2 apologists for Rangers fans trying to derail this thread today .Depressing seeing good bears having to debate with these people .What is the point ,I ask myself .The 2 of them are not worth the bother .You say black ,they will say red anyway .Sema Will no doubt be back on later to defend himself .He loves that sort of stuff .Yet I fully back him on this matter 

So this thread will no doubt go on and on and on with counter argument .

 

I'm just doing the work the RM mods pay me for. :belm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A big part of that is because a) quotes were embargoed until 2230 last night so will only have hit this morning's papers b) the spell between Xmas and New Year is typically pretty slow news-wise.

Hows long did they go on about Beaton not sending off Morelos? More slow news days?

Bears likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

And there is clearly 2 apologists for Rangers fans trying to derail this thread today .Depressing seeing good bears having to debate with these people .What is the point ,I ask myself .The 2 of them are not worth the bother .You say black ,they will say red anyway .Sema Will no doubt be back on later to defend himself .He loves that sort of stuff .Yet I fully back him on this matter 

So this thread will no doubt go on and on and on with counter argument .

 

How are these 2 so called ‘apologists’ not allowed to debate like everyone else? Is it because their opinion doesn’t match yours? 

Angus1965 and The Dude like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Dude said:

They were 'unfairly' denied a playoff place last season after the season was curtailed.

They were denied promotion three times 'unfairly' because of stadium rules and clubs refusing to allow a groundshare.

It won't be a strictly even split but every club gets some for and against them. Without comparing the number of mistakes referees make in games NOT involving us/Celtic, you won't get an accurate picture of just how inept they are (Willie collum for example missed Ryan Porteous catching the ball in his own box and later punching it into the net v St. Mirren earlier this season).

I'm not one of these folk who get pissy over when/how quickly you reply :thumbsup:

Ah but not genuinely unfairly if that was how the clubs voted. 

Those 3 times were any rules broken by the authorities?

I've already said that I believe incompetence to be highly significant. I just don't see when it doesn't even out in all games involving Rangers why some are happy to consider it can't be more than incompetence. And I genuinely don't think it evens out based on decisions documented on post 1 which id hope are objective, they're certainly meant to be.

I'd say comparing us with the scum is fair as the two dominant clubs, typically biggest influences at games with big vocal support, often dominate possession and chances etc. I just don't see parity in treatment. Their captain is a thug and officials/ the CO repeatedly ignore stuff our players don't near do but get hammered. What is it, one on field incident CO retrospective action against them compared to loads for us?

In the past few OF games we've both benefitted and lost out on big wrong decisions. Those against us have been like an avalanche compared to their trickle. 

There's folk that don't want to even discuss the topic for fear of sounding taigy, regardless of what the decisions are. Others think its purely incompetence even if it never balances out. I tend to think we're disliked as a club and its sometimes easier for officials to 'miss' things we should be given but see an awful lot more of things against us. Bias more than conspiracies in the bowels of the sfa. 

Each to their own it'll never be proven either way unless a ref subsequently comes out and admits bias. Dont think we need that admission of guilt to see the faults and bias within the CO procedure.

 

Bears likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Newell 

I'm not following. Quotes from Newell were embargoed so the msm just kept going on about it? What has Newell said?

 Waa it because Rice at Hamilton had his interview broadcast that his views were aired but Newells from a game hours earlier werent?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not following. Quotes from Newell were embargoed so the msm just kept going on about it? What has Newell said?

 Waa it because Rice at Hamilton had his interview broadcast that his views were aired but Newells from a game hours earlier werent?

Yeah. Newell was in this mornings papers saying it shouldve been a penalty and Collum was nervous. Some of the post match will come out immediately, some on Sunday and some on Monday (done so it drives paper sales). Some clubs will hold entirely separate pressers for dailies, digital and Sundays, although the content itself will usually be largely similar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ah but not genuinely unfairly if that was how the clubs voted. 

Those 3 times were any rules broken by the authorities?

I've already said that I believe incompetence to be highly significant. I just don't see when it doesn't even out in all games involving Rangers why some are happy to consider it can't be more than incompetence. And I genuinely don't think it evens out based on decisions documented on post 1 which id hope are objective, they're certainly meant to be.

I'd say comparing us with the scum is fair as the two dominant clubs, typically biggest influences at games with big vocal support, often dominate possession and chances etc. I just don't see parity in treatment. Their captain is a thug and officials/ the CO repeatedly ignore stuff our players don't near do but get hammered. What is it, one on field incident CO retrospective action against them compared to loads for us?

In the past few OF games we've both benefitted and lost out on big wrong decisions. Those against us have been like an avalanche compared to their trickle. 

There's folk that don't want to even discuss the topic for fear of sounding taigy, regardless of what the decisions are. Others think its purely incompetence even if it never balances out. I tend to think we're disliked as a club and its sometimes easier for officials to 'miss' things we should be given but see an awful lot more of things against us. Bias more than conspiracies in the bowels of the sfa. 

Each to their own it'll never be proven either way unless a ref subsequently comes out and admits bias. Dont think we need that admission of guilt to see the faults and bias within the CO procedure.

 

Ive always thought in recent seasons that sub consciously ref will not favour us because they are afraid of being the ref that may ultimately cost that mob 10iar 

This season its been easier for refs given how awful the tarriers have been, however, if the league was tighter, i can see the hagi high boot being given at the weekend because collum didnt want to gift us two extra points which could have swung the league

This all stems from how their fans behave etc, and while we shouldn't go as low as they have, i feel and have said before that stiff upper lip, dignified silence shit is long gone and it was time for us as a club and a fanbase to start fighting dirty, start pressuring officials, start being vocal when it comes to even minor decisions

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah. Newell was in this mornings papers saying it shouldve been a penalty and Collum was nervous. Some of the post match will come out immediately, some on Sunday and some on Monday (done so it drives paper sales). Some clubs will hold entirely separate pressers for dailies, digital and Sundays, although the content itself will usually be largely similar. 

Not read quotes. Is that him being critical of match officials? He'll be getting nervous now himself if he has been id hope, pretty sure that's not permitted.

Bears r us likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not read quotes. Is that him being critical of match officials? He'll be getting nervous now himself if he has been id hope, pretty sure that's not permitted.

Theres been a few this weekend across various games that could see themselves cited for similar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beararse said:

The above quote from you pretty much sums you up.

If folk don’t agree with you then they’re not real Rangers fans.

If you want to sound like a self entitled paranoid tit then crack on sunshine.

 

 

 

 

Correct , a few in here accused me of being a Tim last week in here , ruined ma whole Christmas . 

beararse likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Angus1965 said:

 

 

Correct , a few in here accused me of being a Tim last week in here , ruined ma whole Christmas . 

I wouldn’t worry about it, you’ll quickly work who’s worth listening to.

You’ve got to get past 2,000 likes before you get the benefit of the doubt...and even you still get certain members who’s immediate reaction is to type ‘taig’.

EDIT: see below :)

 

Angus1965 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 21 April 2021 18:00 Until 20:00
      0  
      St. Johnstone v Rangers
      McDiarmid Park
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...