Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

6 hours ago, Angus1965 said:

Correct , a few in here accused me of being a Tim last week in here , ruined ma whole Christmas . 

I wouldn’t worry about it, you’ll quickly work who’s worth listening to.

You’ve got to get past 2,000 likes before you get the benefit of the doubt...and even you still get certain members who’s immediate reaction is to type ‘taig’.

EDIT: see below :)

1 hour ago, beararse said:

The above quote from you pretty much sums you up.

If folk don’t agree with you then they’re not real Rangers fans.

If you want to sound like a self entitled paranoid tit then crack on sunshine.

Still stands though . Both of you , are an apology for rangers fans IMO . From day one , when you joined i knew you were .

Not been following his thread but for my part i dont think a referee will consciously make a biased decision. Some of them will however make some absolutely incompetent ones. What is definitely true that any decision that is deemed to favour Rangers is debated ad nauseum by the media.  Every time. Yet any fuck up that goes against us is "one of those things" if its mentioned at all. The hibs penalty claim was THE main talking point after the game on radio scotland, just as you knew it would be. You can bet certain pundits aim with this is to apply pressure on referees to think very carefully on how they referee our games.

5 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Not been following his thread but for my part i dont think a referee will consciously make a biased decision. Some of them will however make some absolutely incompetent ones. What is definitely true that any decision that is deemed to favour Rangers is debated ad nauseum by the media.  Every time. Yet any fuck up that goes against us is "one of those things" if its mentioned at all. The hibs penalty claim was THE main talking point after the game on radio scotland, just as you knew it would be. You can bet certain pundits aim with this is to apply pressure on referees to think very carefully on how they referee our games.

Agree with all that, I’d add the compliance officer also adds to pressure on the referees by pulling up issues that goes in our favour that might of went the other way. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not read quotes. Is that him being critical of match officials? He'll be getting nervous now himself if he has been id hope, pretty sure that's not permitted.

This is rather amusing, from Edinburgh Live "Former Premier League ref Dermot Gallagher has claimed Willie Collum was right to deny Hibernian a penalty in their 1-0 defeat to Rangers at Ibrox"  :pipe:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-joe-newell-penalty-claim-19530009

50 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Not been following his thread but for my part i dont think a referee will consciously make a biased decision. Some of them will however make some absolutely incompetent ones. .

"Timothy Weah reveals why referee Willie Collum didn’t book him for celebration

Timothy Weah revealed referee Willie Collum let him off a yellow card after he scored the clinching goal in the 2-0 win over St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park.

The 18-year-old attacker, on loan from Paris Saint-Germain, came off the bench to set up James Forrest for the opener in the 78th minute and the Celtic winger was booked for going in among the travelling fans in celebration.

However, when Weah went into the crowd after converting a Callum McGregor cross in the 89th minute, Collum handed out advice rather than a caution.

The United States international, who has scored three goals in five games since his arrival at the beginning of the month, said: “He said ‘I would have given you a yellow card, but the fans didn’t fall over so next time be careful"

^^^

Square this one up for me mate, and its not about anti Rangers bias its about consciously making a biased decision versus incompetence. He knew the rule, he evidenced that by booking Forest, but he consciously chose not to enforce the same rule a 2nd time providing a justification that does not exist. How is that anything other than conscious bias pro a celtic player this time versus St J, rather than incompetence?

Does this demonstrate such decisions can actually consciously be made either favourably for one team / against another?

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

"Timothy Weah reveals why referee Willie Collum didn’t book him for celebration

Timothy Weah revealed referee Willie Collum let him off a yellow card after he scored the clinching goal in the 2-0 win over St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park.

The 18-year-old attacker, on loan from Paris Saint-Germain, came off the bench to set up James Forrest for the opener in the 78th minute and the celtic winger was booked for going in among the travelling fans in celebration.

However, when Weah went into the crowd after converting a Callum McGregor cross in the 89th minute, Collum handed out advice rather than a caution.

The United States international, who has scored three goals in five games since his arrival at the beginning of the month, said: “He said ‘I would have given you a yellow card, but the fans didn’t fall over so next time be careful"

^^^

Square this one up for me mate, and its not about anti Rangers bias its about consciously making a biased decision versus incompetence. He knew the rule, he evidenced that by booking Forest, but he consciously chose not to enforce the same rule a 2nd time providing a justification that does not exist. How is that anything other than conscious bias pro a celtic player this time versus St J, rather than incompetence?

Does this demonstrate such decisions can actually consciously be made either favourably for one team / against another?

Well in that instance you are spot on, a referee cannot pick and choose when to apply the rules as he sees fit. He shouldve been in trouble for that. 

3 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Well in that instance you are spot on, a referee cannot pick and choose when to apply the rules as he sees fit. He shouldve been in trouble for that. 

Interesting isn't it. Conscious deliberate non compliance of rules. 

What's doubly interesting is that nothing was made of it, and Collum shows apparent non bias by booking Forest (if we just ignore the Weah factor). Wonder how many times this goes on. Give a justified penalisation, ignore secondary punishments. Who knows. 

Another day and another story in the press suggesting we get preferential treatment on penalties . It's been covered every day since the game against hibs. Newell saying the ref was too nervous to give it, now Goodwin calling for the ref to be brave.

It's blatant propaganda, there was one team who benefited at the weekend from a very soft penalty while they were struggling to break down a stubburn defence in poor conditions. The most obvious penalty of the weekend hasn't even been mentioned, which was Porteous on Roofe (takes the man before the ball).

Assuming the majority of ref's read the media, surely all this pressure will have an effect?

On 28/12/2020 at 15:05, The Dude said:

Nearly as long as some of ours have gone on about Stokes not being sent off.

Just remember that St Mirren got a penalty against us in the last game so makes Goodwins interview even more ridiculous.

But i do agree that i hope the ref is brave. And punishes bad tackles and diving around the box, that where the refs should be focusing their attention.

It's true that fans will always find something to moan about, that something was not fair. Also, when something does go in favour of your team, you tend to downplay it, happy to get away with it. We remember the times it goes wrong for us much more than the times we get away with it. So all fans of all teams can point to many times something was unfair.

This points to how Rangers are treated in the print/online media, and especially by pundits on telly who have the opportunity to frame the narratives of the following week. As most so-called experts in the media have a strong dislike of Rangers, the narrative is usually what they see/twist us getting away with. This also informs the Compliance Officer what she should focus on. After all, a previous CO admitted getting his info from highlights, as chosen by the BBC. The Hibs game highlights focused on their penalty claim which even Dermot Gallagher said was not a penalty. The Roofe penalty claim was unsurprisingly not shown.

The problem with the biased fans argument is that when you start recording the incidents, you can see that things don't even out for some teams, like ours season after season, that there is a big discrepancy overall, and that there are patterns with some games and certain referees. That's what this thread is good for.

But if you are convinced you are right and no evidence is going to change your mind then there's no helping you. All we can hope for is more media presence for those who see what's going on and can shed light on it and that they get on with combating the garbage that is spouted by the general Scottish football media. Only then can the narrative change and we can hope that we'll be treated more evenly.

17 minutes ago, Bears said:

But if you are convinced you are right and no evidence is going to change your mind then there's no helping you. All we can hope for is more media presence for those who see what's going on and can shed light on it and that they get on with combating the garbage that is spouted by the general Scottish football media. Only then can the narrative change and we can hope that

The media are at the heart of it as far as I’m concerned .

The Dougie McDonald penalty incident was all over 2 pages in the 2 main tabloids for 3 weeks .it wasn’t just to 2 main phone in shows at the time but authorised by sports editors .

Same goes with the compliance system .When it first came in Scott McDonald elbowed a Motherwell player square on the jaw ,premeditated because he was seen to look round first.A couple of replays and that was it over ,no coverage on Sportscene.

A couple of weeks later Naismith elbows a guy at a corner ,50/50 if it was accidental,multiple replays ,full discussion on Sportscene.All over the papers next day about how he was getting banned ,Compliance steps in 2 game ban .

Then we have the reaction from the media to Stevie G after the first league game 2 years ago when he said we don’t get the decisions ,They went off on one and there was a warning from the SFA .

Pre Betfred final last year TLB in the paper saying he didn’t want the ref to beat his team ,And they win from a goal with 3 guys offside .Evem today there is that prick Goodwin coming out with comments wanting the ref to be brave to give teams penalties against us .

Nobody was giving a fuck when the refs went 11monts too scared to give us penalties .

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

He’s pulled the guy back as he’s attacking in the final third. Nailed on yellow. Doesn’t matter if it’s your first foul or not.

Happened umpteen times,goldsons was worse,and saints player did it twice and not punished. Tavs was a run of the mill foul nothing more

7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

The media are at the heart of it as far as I’m concerned .

The Dougie McDonald penalty incident was all over 2 pages in the 2 main tabloids for 3 weeks .it wasn’t just to 2 main phone in shows at the time but authorised by sports editors .

Same goes with the compliance system .When it first came in Scott McDonald elbowed a Motherwell player square on the jaw ,premeditated because he was seen to look round first.A couple of replays and that was it over ,no coverage on Sportscene.

A couple of weeks later Naismith elbows a guy at a corner ,50/50 if it was accidental,multiple replays ,full discussion on Sportscene.All over the papers next day about how he was getting banned ,Compliance steps in 2 game ban .

Then we have the reaction from the media to Stevie G after the first league game 2 years ago when he said we don’t get the decisions ,They went off on one and there was a warning from the SFA .

Pre Betfred final last year TLB in the paper saying he didn’t want the ref to beat his team ,And they win from a goal with 3 guys offside .Evem today there is that prick Goodwin coming out with comments wanting the ref to be brave to give teams penalties against us .

Nobody was giving a fuck when the refs went 11monts too scared to give us penalties .

And that is why i would shoot every one of these apologetic fuck wits in our support . 9 years and these absolute cunts have a go at bears and calling us para . Probably never lived through the last 9 years as actual supporters . Just my opinion of course . Still shoot the fuckers though

32 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And that is why i would shoot every one of these apologetic fuck wits in our support . 9 years and these absolute cunts have a go at bears and calling us para . Probably never lived through the last 9 years as actual supporters . Just my opinion of course . Still shoot the fuckers though

Paranoid cunts on here like you had st mirren getting about 5 penalties today because of what Goodwin said the other day, says a lot that we’ve not even had one given against us in the league 

fucking cheek to have a go at someone saying all they do on here is ‘bitch and moan.’ Fucking state of your posts