Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

22 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Weird accusation to make that Steven McLean would cheat in this game. To what end?

Lost count of the amount of times when we won a tackle amd he gave a free kick against us , particularly with Cantwell . 

Like most refs , I dont think they cheat,  with the exception of Clancy , but just don't think they  want the hassle that comes from giving decisions against them . 

5 hours ago, shaka said:

The ref was shocking in general but the Cantwell one that got saved was given as a free kick to them with literally no reason and surprisingly enough the commentators didn't even bother coming up with an excuse.  It was just blatant cheating.

It makes the win even better when cheating officials couldn't even save them.

Was a handball from Matondo but I have no idea why he played on. Also wasn't much Matondo could have done about it. Also think the ref gave an offside decision on Matondo because the linesman sure as hell never. Maeda should have been booked for his kick out at Tav considering what Tav got booked for :lol:  Just another piss poor effort. Tried to play on and not get his cards out but then didn't get them out at right times and gave some absolutely baffling fouls.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Weird accusation to make that Steven McLean would cheat in this game. To what end?

Who said he was cheating today? I resurrected the thread to say that he gave them everything in terms of free kicks and even things as ridiculous as throw ins today which he absolutely did. The only time cheating was mentioned was when @King Jela made a general statement that the ref was a cheat, not necessarily today.

Whether by design, conscious decision or just the random nature of getting some things right and some things wrong he was appalling today. 

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Who said he was cheating today? I resurrected the thread to say that he gave them everything in terms of free kicks and even things as ridiculous as throw ins today which he absolutely did. The only time cheating was mentioned was when @King Jela made a general statement that the ref was a cheat, not necessarily today.

Whether by design, conscious decision or just the random nature of getting some things right and some things wrong he was appalling today. 

The post is pretty obviously a reference to today. 

18 minutes ago, Hamie said:

one thing I'll guarantee - the completely random fixture software will make the first OF at the the piggery next season.  

First old firm is at ibrox next season.

I honestly don’t think he done much wrong yesterday tbh.  Could easily have given them a penalty for hand ball by Goldson.  Not sure what the rules are for being on the ground and it hitting your hand. 

could have easily booked cantwell numerous times.

10 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I honestly don’t think he done much wrong yesterday tbh.  Could easily have given them a penalty for hand ball by Goldson.  Not sure what the rules are for being on the ground and it hitting your hand. 

As far as i'm aware if it hits the supporting arm it's not to be given as a penalty, although saying that i'd be wanting one if it was for us 🤣

21 minutes ago, GOAT said:

The rules are it's not a penalty.

For a guy who has been refereeing in the top flight for a long time McLean is dreadful. Has a tendency to let normal games get out of control by making baffling decisions. Thankfully nothing big today and we were good enough to not let it affect the game.

37 minutes ago, Shetland Bear said:

For a guy who has been refereeing in the top flight for a long time McLean is dreadful. Has a tendency to let normal games get out of control by making baffling decisions. Thankfully nothing big today and we were good enough to not let it affect the game.

Do we have any good refs in spl? 

I thought McClean was awful yesterday he gave them everything first half as they went down easily in an attempt to break up play.

Then he did the usual booking McGregor late in the second half to make it look like he was fair.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I don't mind Nick Walsh, though Collum on VAR sammied him with the Hearts red card recently.

Not a great ref, but I'm not worried when he's in charge.

My wee bro used to play pro youth and he said that boy played too. Bro said he is a rabid taig. That being said Id agree cant remember him making any howlers. Im sure there will be.

I’ve said before, the refs never ever give us the benefit of the doubt in your run of the mill SPL games, we can have opposition players make 2 or 3 fouls and some blatant yellow card fouls and not get a card. Rangers player makes first fouls, boom yellow card. In the games against celtic, I honestly feel that the ones that don’t support them (few these day) always give soft fouls for them to appear impartial or perhaps avoid the scrutiny that comes from that  by their players/fans and their media pals. 

Rangers tho continue to turn the other cheek to this and allow this to just go on. The club should complain all the time, provide the plentiful tv evidence and be clever and  ask for better standards/training/full time refs etc. 

I honestly believe it affects the players. Would you be as quick in the tackle if you thought every challenge you make is a potential card due to refs being stricter with Rangers players. Also you run the risk of being suspended if the cards rack up.  Watch other team players mob and berate refs for every decision during games with very little comeback from ref. Watch how the majority of our players instead don't react and instead walk away resigned to the  decision. Coz if the do they get a taking too. At end of first half on Sat, I honestly thought Lundstrum was getting booked for his reaction to another soft foul going to celtic. Wouldn’t have surprised me at all. But amazingly McLean blew for half time.

But that’s the expectation when your Rangers fan, you just expect cards for frivolous stuff.

24 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

I’ve said before, the refs never ever give us the benefit of the doubt in your run of the mill SPL games, we can have opposition players make 2 or 3 fouls and some blatant yellow card fouls and not get a card. Rangers player makes first fouls, boom yellow card. In the games against celtic, I honestly feel that the ones that don’t support them (few these day) always give soft fouls for them to appear impartial or perhaps avoid the scrutiny that comes from that  by their players/fans and their media pals. 

Rangers tho continue to turn the other cheek to this and allow this to just go on. The club should complain all the time, provide the plentiful tv evidence and be clever and  ask for better standards/training/full time refs etc. 

I honestly believe it affects the players. Would you be as quick in the tackle if you thought every challenge you make is a potential card due to refs being stricter with Rangers players. Also you run the risk of being suspended if the cards rack up.  Watch other team players mob and berate refs for every decision during games with very little comeback from ref. Watch how the majority of our players instead don't react and instead walk away resigned to the  decision. Coz if the do they get a taking too. At end of first half on Sat, I honestly thought Lundstrum was getting booked for his reaction to another soft foul going to celtic. Wouldn’t have surprised me at all. But amazingly McLean blew for half time.

But that’s the expectation when your Rangers fan, you just expect cards for frivolous stuff.

I think you make some good points, anyone watching the game on Sat could see how ridiculous some decisions were given against us, but not given against them.

There are  decisions that do make me wonder tho! The likes of the handball given against Cantwell from sidelines by Robertson supposedly. But he then “misses”  Goldson playing the ball off one of them for our shy which is given to them!!!! It was right in front of him. If they are just inept, it would affect both sides. But it never feels that way with us. That’s why I do think that at least unconsciously thru fear, pressure of some level or bias that they don’t give us any leeway at all.