Morelos Watch

coopsleftboot

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Change that word to performing and I'd agree. 

Wouldn't spend 20 million in midfield either.  A right back and a midfielder who can run into space thanks.

I would like a midfielder who can run a football match like Barry Ferguson and one who can  tackle  with a bit more authority than  Jack/Kamara /Davis/Aribo much like John Greig in his day who would also provide the captaincy. £20 million probably not enough.

Seriously not sure who they should buy for the midfield but the current players will not cut it.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think he had zero supply.

My granny has seen more ball than him and my grandpa died 30 year ago. 

I'm not asking if he was supplied well. Part of his job when we dont have possession is to press. As in run fast.  Id say that is incorporated into what trying hard is / should be.

Do you really think he tried hard?

Morelos was running about like he desperately needed a shite, and Barker with his mystery hairdo 

Transfermarkt is mostly shite so can only be used as a general guide, but their squad is rated at being worth 366m, nearly 10x ours

The Leverkusen players must have been pishing themselves laughing at us in the dressing room

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I dont even think he tried hard for his state. 

I can accept effort but things not coming off. A lack of effort is criminal imo.

I honestly think he did but he got found out against decent opponents when he's not fit. 

I am his biggest fan but I'm also done with him and he's striking resemblance to jelavic when he wanted to move. 

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not asking if he was supplied well. Part of his job when we dont have possession is to press. As in run fast.  Id say that is incorporated into what trying hard is / should be.

Do you really think he tried hard?

I think he is trying his best under very trying circumstances. 

I admire him for that.

16 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He let us down tonight 

Apart from McGregor most of the other players let us and themselves down.   Morelos seems to get ALL the flack for our poor performances.    No chances created for him and  no support up front.   It certainly wasn't his best game but it was a forlorn task for him tonight.    I thought even at half time the heads were down and it was still nothing each.   Our team is crying out for a driving midfielder who would be the captain and instil some fighting quality in the team.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think he is trying his best under very trying circumstances. 

I admire him for that.

See, trying your best is one of those phrases I typically associate with underachievers.

Do you feel he grafted, gave 100% and left it out on the park for us tonight?  Never mind the circumstances, was the effort there?

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Apart from McGregor most of the other players let us and themselves down.   Morelos seems to get ALL the flack for our poor performances.    No chances created for him and  no support up front.   It certainly wasn't his best game but it was a forlorn task for him tonight.    I thought even at half time the heads were down and it was still nothing each.   Our team is crying out for a driving midfielder who would be the captain and instil some fighting quality in the team.

Mate there's nobody on this site who loves him more than me.

But he qas poor tonight and seemed.to not be on his usual alfie charge the night.

He didnt put his all into it 

Correct. Now we've brought in some quality upfront to address where the goals might come from - we really need to look at having a talented, driving midfielder and that right-back position isn't great either. Captain he isn't. It's OK saying Rangers should have 11 captains and a piece of elastic armband shouldn't matter - but you we need that winner in the side, who can inspire and drive them on as captain. He's none of them things. Heart of a mouse.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Correct. Now we've brought in some quality upfront to address where the goals might come from - we really need to look at having a talented, driving midfielder and that right-back position isn't great either. Captain he isn't. It's OK saying Rangers should have 11 captains and a piece of elastic armband shouldn't matter - but you we need that winner in the side, who can inspire and drive them on as captain. He's none of them things. Heart of a mouse.

Could not agree more. Better midfield and a proper captain or we can forget it. I would sell Tavernier. He is simply not good enough in defence and not that great going forward either. 

I think the tactics were to sit off them, not our usual high press. If we had fans in the stadium the message and game plan would have been very different IMO. Morelos has been a nightmare since December. He needs a long hard look in the mirror. I don't think we've had any bids whatsoever in the three years hes been here, yet his delusions of grandeur see him whoring himself on Colombian radio every chance he gets. He's been worse than pish for a long time.

16 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

There was at least two occasions he fluffed it when we countered.

2 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

I think the Morelos deal is already done and he will go this week , we’ve already spent some off the transfer fee,  could be wrong but I think it’s done 

I hope you're right, if not we could be in the shit with a mega-depreciating asset

12 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

I think the tactics were to sit off them, not our usual high press. If we had fans in the stadium the message and game plan would have been very different IMO. Morelos has been a nightmare since December. He needs a long hard look in the mirror. I don't think we've had any bids whatsoever in the three years hes been here, yet his delusions of grandeur see him whoring himself on Colombian radio every chance he gets. He's been worse than pish for a long time.

No a great fan of him then>

32 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:
36 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Given who our manager is I'm shocked that this has never been addressed.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate there's nobody on this site who loves him more than me.

But he qas poor tonight and seemed.to not be on his usual alfie charge the night.

He didnt put his all into it 

Supposing Morelos goes and we still under-perform  who will get the flack?   My issue is that Morelos appears to get all the blame when the entire team plays badly.  After the New Year break, the team collapsed as a whole.  Defensively we were awful, the midfield created next to nothing but Morelos got most of the criticism because he didn't score goals despite the fact the whole squad under-performed.    The league games/results after the break tell their own story.  As a team , I believe we played 10 games scoring  only 11 goals but conceding 8.    Of these Morelos played in 8 and one of those was only for the last 20 odd minutes.  Judging by many posts on RM since the New Year, you could be forgiven for thinking  that the team's form slump was all down to Morelos.   

Supposing Morelos goes and we still under-perform  who will get the flack?   My issue is that Morelos appears to get all the blame when the entire team plays badly.  After the New Year break, the team collapsed as a whole.  Defensively we were awful, the midfield created next to nothing but Morelos got most of the criticism because he didn't score goals despite the fact the whole squad under-performed.    The league games/results after the break tell their own story.  As a team , I believe we played 10 games scoring  only 11 goals but conceding 8.    Of these Morelos played in 8 and one of those was only for the last 20 odd minutes.  Judging by many posts on RM since the New Year, you could be forgiven for thinking  that the team's form slump was all down to Morelos.   

Stop making excuses for a car crash performance from a guy who put no effort into a performance tonight.

Not seen anyone blame him for anything other than his own performance. 

6 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Given who our manager is I'm shocked that this has never been addressed.

Midfielders in that mould of that level of quality would cost far too much for us, unless we find an uncovered gem of a player in Scandinavia or the balkans for example.

Archived