• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/paper-sinks-to-new-low-with-shameful-analysis-of-Rangers-star/

First game in and they're trying to set the narrative already.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Cedrick said:

The towels in , he’s overweight and not interested, what it does show though as it did the second half of the season , when he’s not at it and working the back 4/3 himself we’ve got absolutely nothing , we looked decent when the buffs on top form ,fuck all when he’s not , roofe and the Swiss boy need to be good and can create opportunities for themselves coz they’ll get fuck all service 

That would be my worry if I were the buying club. If his heads right then he’s a handful but the head goes down too easily. 
I can’t see us getting more than 10 million for him.

The midfield is a major problem for us. We have next to no creativity coming from there and very little goal threat. Don’t get how a world class midfielder like Gerarrd hasn’t addressed this yet. 

Kaydubya11 likes this

According to WhoScored, Morelos did not take any shot or play any key pass, had a pass accuracy of 58.3%, and took 25 touches.

"McCann said on BBC Sport (7:40pm, August 6, 2020): “Two strikers are not being brought into Ibrox for nothing. A few quid has been spent there.

“Alfredo Morelos’ attitude to the job here has been found wanting. Maybe it’s time for a deal to be done.

“It’s a shame because as a player and a goalscorer he’s got it, but maybe that’s the last time we will see him.”

Yet people were wanting to sacrifice strengthening the team for him to stay.

If I could see a while back this was going to happen it shows how many people were unable to see him through anything other than blue tinted specs.

I wouldn't be raising the point again if I hadn't received a lot of shit from people on here because of that opinion, but I did, and now suddenly most people share that opinion.

When I was younger I always wanted to dabble in stock market, it's something I've never done. 

Although I've not, I was given a little advice from others, and I'll cherrypick, basic things like don't invest any feelings in a company because it might disrupt your ability to sell when you should, and the secret is being able to predict the right time to buy and sell etc.

All that bullshit to one side, if a deal hasn't been done for Morelos, I feel like we've gone past the right time to sell him for maximum profit. 

This is bad because we don't get TV money like in England and this is one of the few areas we can make quite a bit of cash.

I think the biggest obstacle to this type of thinking is automatically thinking we'd get someone in who wouldn't score goals. If you'd go by the way some posters were talking it's almost as if we'd sell Morelos and have an empty position up front with only 10 on the park!

There's no one bigger than the club, yet it felt at times Morelos was. As history has shown, good players will come and go, and Morelos wasn't anything as good as Mols, McCoist, Hateley, or even  (in the league) Boyd.

53 minutes ago, Swagger said:

That would be my worry if I were the buying club. If his heads right then he’s a handful but the head goes down too easily. 
I can’t see us getting more than 10 million for him.

The midfield is a major problem for us. We have next to no creativity coming from there and very little goal threat. Don’t get how a world class midfielder like Gerarrd hasn’t addressed this yet. 

You can't see us getting more than 10m for him when we've knocked back 13? Sound

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂

You're on a thread about Morelos criticising folk criticising Morelos 😂

Interesting you haven't said he played well. Just deflecting to others being as bad, and using the heat as an excuse.

Did he play well? Did he look interested? Did he give 100% effort? Help us all out mate, enlighten us all..

The game is called football.

Foot, as in kick the ball.

Ball, as in when/if you get it.

Just now, stevemac said:

You can't see us getting more than 10m for him when we've knocked back 13? Sound

The way he’s  playing it’s not beyond the realms of possibility  that those who bid £13m think ‘fuck that’ and we are left with bidders coming in below the £13m.

The way he’s going about his business, he’s currently worth fuck all to us.

If we can see that, so can others.

Swally and stourloyal like this
Just now, bornabear said:

The game is called football.

Foot, as in kick the ball.

Ball, as in when/if you get it.

Thats wonderful mate. Almost suggests those not on the ball, as in kicking it, don't contribute to scoring, like when the ball crosses the line.

But did he play well, did he give maximum effort, did he look interested? 

Swally likes this
6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thats wonderful mate. Almost suggests those not on the ball, as in kicking it, don't contribute to scoring, like when the ball crosses the line.

But did he play well, did he give maximum effort, did he look interested? 

He's played better, with more effort and showed more interest.

Hope that makes you a happy boy.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

The way he’s  playing it’s not beyond the realms of possibility  that those who bid £13m think ‘fuck that’ and we are left with bidders coming in below the £13m.

The way he’s going about his business, he’s currently worth fuck all to us.

If we can see that, so can others.

It’s difficult because we pay him something like 30k a week. He has three years left which means our contractual valuation of him is around £4.7m.

Unless we extend his contract and ramp up his wage (for the fourth time) it’s really difficult for us to hold out for a huge offer as the player can turn around and say well if you think I’m worth 18m then why aren’t you paying me something close to that over the period.

beararse likes this
Just now, bornabear said:

He's played better, with more effort and showed more interest.

Hope that makes you a happy boy.

No mate. 

Saying he's played better doesn't answer if he played well. I've seen him exceptional, untouchable, 10/10. So you in effect could be saying he was just below that level. Same goes for effort and interest.

So did he do well, get pass marks for his play, effort, interest? Not sure why you'll not just give a straight answer..

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s difficult because we pay him something like 30k a week. He has three years left which means our contractual valuation of him is around £4.7m.

Unless we extend his contract and ramp up his wage (for the fourth time) it’s really difficult for us to hold out for a huge offer as the player can turn around and say well if you think I’m worth 18m then why aren’t you paying me something close to that over the period.

Made all the more complex by a horrendous slump in goal scoring form.

Swally likes this
38 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That Kai Havertz must be on some wage then if he is earning £90m over the course of his contract!

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

When we extended his contract last time around Robertson said it was to reflect our valuation of the player and that we valued him at 20M.

2 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Get him to fuck for 12m.

If he doesnt want to be here i dont want him, we have 2 new strikers that want to play for us and im sick of wanting more money because of the taigs players prices. Hes a prick and teams know it. Take what we can get and move on

😀 We've just been offered 15 million but we should take 12 because he's a prick. No bother.

BridgeIsBlue and The Dude like this