Morelos Watch

coopsleftboot

16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Just like the majority of the side last night then, glad we cleared that up. 

I disagree with that, I saw Kent burst a gut quite a few times, our defence did really well against tough opposition, in fact when you think about it...

We lost one goal against the tournament favourites at their home, so the defence backed up to a reasonable extent by our midfield must have worked hard on the night otherwise it wouldn't have been only one goal that we'd have lost.

Glad to give you a bit more clarity on my opinion, isn't that better than just telling someone what they're meaning?

:sasa: :cheers:

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Swally said:

I disagree with that, I saw Kent burst a gut quite a few times, our defence did really well against tough opposition, in fact when you think about it...

We lost one goal against the tournament favourites at their home, so the defence backed up to a reasonable extent by our midfield must have worked hard on the night otherwise it wouldn't have been only one goal that we'd have lost.

Glad to give you a bit more clarity on my opinion, isn't that better than just telling someone what they're meaning?

All reasonable points, except the part about them being favourites, Man Utd are by a good bit (on bet365), but aye it wouldn't surprise me if Leverkusen did win it they're a top side. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

All reasonable points, except the part about them being favourites, Man Utd are by a good bit (on bet365), but aye it wouldn't surprise me if Leverkusen did win it they're a top side. 

Mybad, thought Leverkusen were

22 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

See, trying your best is one of those phrases I typically associate with underachievers.

Do you feel he grafted, gave 100% and left it out on the park for us tonight?  Never mind the circumstances, was the effort there?

Trying your best is giving 100 percent surely.

Morelos has had much worse games than last night. If it wasn't for his 6 goals we wouldn't have made it to the last 16.

He hasn't been in good form since December but You can tell he is frustrated and hungry to score for fun again. Just isn't happening. 

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

When kids today go on about how bad Robertson is as a CEO they don't understand how fucking narcissistic Bain was.

Don't get me wrong though, Robertson is still shite.

Got yourself a race to the bottom there, mate....

What sickens me about Morelos is the following.

When he first came to Rangers we gave him a platform of playing for such a massive club and we supported him and chanted his name from the Go!

He was the Scottish medias little play about thing and the Rangers fans constantly gave him love over social media and also outside of Ibrox.

The fans made banners of support and also got his name on their tops.

Pretty sure some fans even donated money to his foundation for his home town charity.

And in return he has spat the dummy out the pram and wants a move now or he is anticipating his move that has been agreed. 

Most players who have that level of support will run themselves into the ground before they leave a club of fans who adored him but he just doesn't seem to give a fuck, He can like things on Social media but what use is that we want commitment on the park and that has been slowly fading.

He really is ruining his legacy in a way with the way he is acting and now a good 70% of the fans have turned on him. Fucking gutted with him to be honest and really hope Leverkusen was his last game for us.

29 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

When he first came to Rangers we gave him a platform of playing for such a massive club and we supported him and chanted his name from the Go!

He was the Scottish medias little play about thing and the Rangers fans constantly gave him love over social media and also outside of Ibrox.

Pretty sure some fans even donated money to his foundation for his home town charity.

And in return he has spat the dummy out the pram and wants a move now or he is anticipating his move that has been agreed. 

Most players who have that level of support will run themselves into the ground before they leave a club of fans who adored him but he just doesn't seem to give a fuck, He can like things on Social media but what use is that we want commitment on the park and that has been slowly fading.

He really is ruining his legacy in a way with the way he is acting and now a good 70% of the fans have turned on him. Fucking gutted with him to be honest and really hope Leverkusen was his last game for us.

The modern footballer in a nutshell. I’m also disappointed in Morelos, hope we get rid for the best deal when we can as it Would now suit both parties clearly after his half hearted efforts. I’ll thank him for what he’s done and move on. 

4 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Or a lack of a better option at the time. Perhaps somewhat supported by buying two striking options before any deal for morelos has been reached.

If Gerrard played Morelos unfit and overweight because we had no other option  as you imply, then we are in serious trouble.

4 hours ago, Swally said:

Leverkusen are a far better side, which isn't in doubt.   Having said that, we basically capitulated from kick off last night.  Kent has not lived up to the hype and cost for us, either on loan or after the permanent deal.   Havertz missed two great chances  for which Morelos or any other Rangers player would have been  absolutely pilloried.  Havertz is likely to be transferred for circa £80 million.    They only won by one goal because we needed at least 3 at first then 4.    That was never going to happen therefore Leverkusen had no need to  up their game  any further.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Leverkusen are a far better side, which isn't in doubt.   Having said that, we basically capitulated from kick off last night.  Kent has not lived up to the hype and cost for us, either on loan or after the permanent deal.   Havertz missed two great chances  for which Morelos or any other Rangers player would have been  absolutely pilloried.  Havertz is likely to be transferred for circa £80 million.    They only won by one goal because we needed at least 3 at first then 4.    That was never going to happen therefore Leverkusen had no need to  up their game  any further.

That's mental, different world

Just now, Swally said:

That's mental, different world

Agreed but that is the football world in which we live.     What really pisses me off is that a player we bought for £1m and  from whose sale we stand to make a substantial profit gets criticised to such a degree by our own fans.   We all knew he would be sold on sooner or later (actually  now probably sooner).    The problem has been that he is / was  our main  striker for 3 seasons and the focus of almost all attention in that period.    Of course he hits a bad spell on occasion as does every striker but because we have no other option of his calibre  (and I include Defoe in that category) then  we struggle to score as a team.  Add to that the  shocking collapse in form of the entire team  after the winter break two seasons in a row, then we had a recipe for failure , not just by Morelos but the whole first team squad.      When he goes, I for one will miss him and I think as a team so will Rangers.  I really hope I'm wrong with that.

8 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Agreed mate but the word legacy is a strong word with Alfredo .When we are back at the top winning trophies again .Being Champions of our own league ,having players that score regular big goals against the scum  

Alfredo will be an after thought then 

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Agreed but that is the football world in which we live.     What really pisses me off is that a player we bought for £1m and  from whose sale we stand to make a substantial profit gets criticised to such a degree by our own fans.   We all knew he would be sold on sooner or later (actually  now probably sooner).    The problem has been that he is / was  our main  striker for 3 seasons and the focus of almost all attention in that period.    Of course he hits a bad spell on occasion as does every striker but because we have no other option of his calibre  (and I include Defoe in that category) then  we struggle to score as a team.  Add to that the  shocking collapse in form of the entire team  after the winter break two seasons in a row, then we had a recipe for failure , not just by Morelos but the whole first team squad.      When he goes, I for one will miss him and I think as a team so will Rangers.  I really hope I'm wrong with that.

I'd say by and large he gets criticised because of what he's shown he's capable of, having proven so, that he then falls away from so dramatically.

He's a 20m player at huge profit to us. On his day he's sensational. I'll look back fondly on his time here and wish him every success.

But there's no getting away from it, when he's shite he's shite. But worse, as i say, he currently doesn't look interested or applying himself in games and that for me supercedes everything.

If he deserves praise for what he has done, he deserves criticism for what he is doing. Ignoring either is being pretty disingenuous. The Morelos right now I've backed even up til midweek given he's came into pre season injured. But he's not even giving close to max effort imo and regardless of his past successes thats just unacceptable, its more than just to do with fitness / injury. I dont see it changing either.

I don't think its too much to demand a player gives us that if he wears our jersey. If he doesnt, I dont care how good he has been, he's not the guy for now.

9 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

A large number of modern day footballers put more effort into social media than applying themselves on the pitch. 

Alfredo’s race with us is run, the spark and desire he had before is gone, and hasn’t posed a credible threat in some time as a goal scorer.

I don’t see why we would want to retain the current version of him.  He still has a lot of growing up to do, and I don’t think he is going to snap out of his malaise any time soon.

Take the money allegedly on offer from Lille and move on.

He did a job for us but time to let him go elsewhere and focus on the job in hand.

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I know we’re holding for £20m, but his value is probably deceasing game on game. 

If we get near £17/18m I’d be taking it now. 

We need to hold our nerve.  Plenty of money being banded about for players who are nowhere near as good as Morelos and he still has his future in front of him.

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I know we’re holding for £20m, but his value is probably deceasing game on game. 

If we get near £17/18m I’d be taking it now. 

I’d be content with 18m plus add ons mate. 

We would be talking closer to 30m if he kept up that form in the first half of the season.  Clubs know he has downed tools mate but they also know what he’s capable of when his heeds in it. 

Archived