Morelos Watch

coopsleftboot

Remember it was all over the news when they done stuff that was much tamer than this to Raheem Sterling?

Where's the cavalry coming to Morelos' aid? I'd like a well-known journalist from down south to show some guts and actually highlight this totally disgusting racist campaign on a platform that people actually care about.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Fact is that David Graham can make all the statements he wants but if the board don’t follow anything up it’s just hollow words, our board and in particular Stewart Robertson disgust me, this guy never misses an opportunity to have a go at the fans but is nowhere to be seen when our enemies attack us, spineless little weasel needs removed. 

I think Stewart Robertson will be voted out this year as he's not doing enough to protect the clubs name, players or fans.  Robertson's role needs someone who understands the situation , has the political know how and will allow David Graham to do the job he was hired for.

3 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

Actually this highlights issues raised by the BLM movement - and every other person working in anti racist organisations, that the media is happy to use racial microagressions to build on existing racist stereotypes.

It's the 'South American' hothead, who would start a fight in an empty room (which plays into racial stereotyping) versus the 'honest Scot' being fully committed to the cause. Basically the passionate player response that Considine's red card is given, or McKenna throwing a Balogun into the post or Lewis Ferguson body checking players after the ball has long gone.

You might not agree with BLM - but the whole anti racist movement is about highlighting racial stereotyping that many people see as legitimate comment 

If we were smart, the club should ask for the comments to be publicly explained

The story on Morelos whilst he has been with us has been a disgrace.  He is a hard working young guy who has chased his dreams to play in Europe, he's a brilliant player who is going to probably break our transfer fee record. 

The Club have sat back and never defended the Player in the media our highlighted the treatment we need to start fighting this in the media but this has been said for 20 years now. 

Something like this study needs to be done on the Scottish media.

RunRepeat, in partnership with The Professional Footballers' Association, has analyzed 2,073 statements from commentators in 80 soccer matches from the 2019/20 season. This is the first time a study of this kind has been conducted to understand if there is a difference in the way the soccer media talks about players of different skin color.

Racial Bias in Football Commentary (Study) Posted on 21 July, 2020 by Danny McLoughlin  https://runrepeat.com/racial-bias-study-soccer

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think Stewart Robertson will be voted out this year as he's not doing enough to protect the clubs name, players or fans.  Robertson's role needs someone who understands the situation , has the political know how and will allow David Graham to do the job he was hired for.

I don't think he comes under a 'vote' Sweetheart, is he not an 'employee of the Club' rather than a board appointee that can be (but hardly ever happens), voted off. 

I could be wrong be wrong my assessment. :thumbup:

As a direct comparison, the golden boy and young player of the year,  Lewis Ferguson, last season was booked 8 times and sent off once.   Morelos was booked 3 times and red-carded twice (both times for second yellows, one of which was a response to abuse from Motherwell fans).  

I don't ever recall reading a report on Ferguson's "disciplinary problems", and nor have I ever read a report where the journalist is on "Fergie-watch".

Is the difference because  one is a white indigenous Scot and the other isn't?

6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

As a direct comparison, the golden boy and young player of the year,  Lewis Ferguson, last season was booked 8 times and sent off once.   Morelos was booked 3 times and red-carded twice (both times for second yellows, one of which was a response to abuse from Motherwell fans).  

I don't ever recall reading a report on Ferguson's "disciplinary problems", and nor have I ever read a report where the journalist is on "Fergie-watch".

One is a black foreigner who is a threat to the SPFL narrative.

The other isn't a threat to anyone or anything.

3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

A mere fan putting a YouTube video up can’t counter a concerted narrative by various main stream media outlets. We need our club with the publicity that they can command to counter the falsities that are put out there to damage our club. 

What?

If you read and understood my post I made it incredibly clear we would have to put more than one YouTube video up to counteract this.

If that's what you got from my post it went entirely over your head.

I'm stating it has to be large scale attack or positive campaign by a large amount of our fans using various media platforms to counteract this.

Frankly, the taig fans are doing the exact same thing - but against us.

The problem is, the vast majority of people don't have time or if they do can't be bothered and would rather blame someone else ie the board

4 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Very difficult to fight outright prejudice. Especially when they are paid to write such nonsense. Border line hate crime in my opinion.

In these BLM times, particularly with that cunt Robertson's most recent hate speech on the fans, it should be much more easy.

However we do know the cunt only plays to the gallery to score points to try and be relevant. He gives not one fuck about racism and is all about feathering his own nest. Utter wankstain of a man.

They’ve infiltrated BBC Scotland, Daily Record, Scottish Sun, Clyde etc. We need more than a large amount of fans. Last year we got close, this year they will be upping the level of their propaganda against our club and we really can’t afford to have the submissive board we do. If we are serious about competing with them then various members, starting with Robertson needs to pissoff. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

In these BLM times, particularly with that cunt Roberstsons most recent hate speech on the fans, it should be much more easy.

However we do know the cunt only plays to the gallery to score points to try and be relevant. He gives not one fuck about racism and is all about feathering his own nest. Utter wankstain of a man.

Despise that fucking weasel Robertson, dangerous having a cunt like that involved in our club 

Just read the article via the link on here, in a paragraph prior to the bit about Alfredo this was written;

Balogun cracked his head off the side of a post following a push by the Aberdeen defender and was unhappy with the challenge afterwards but it was far from clear that it was done with intent to injure rather than an attempt to dig out an equaliser.

Some journalists  obviously have a different definition of a push than I have, for me that was a two handed grab and a petulant throw which could have ended in serious injury, why was it not scrutinised more?, possibly, as has been written on numerous occasions on here, because the player doing it wasn't wearing a blue jersey with an RFC badge on it, and he is not one who could make a substantial contribution to our title hopes.

We just want equality when incidents happen, had the colour of jersey's been reversed on Saturday I have no doubt there would have been a few players and incidents  that the compliance officer may well have been considering this morning.

2 hours ago, rbt1548 said:

Just read the article via the link on here, in a paragraph prior to the bit about Alfredo this was written;

Balogun cracked his head off the side of a post following a push by the Aberdeen defender and was unhappy with the challenge afterwards but it was far from clear that it was done with intent to injure rather than an attempt to dig out an equaliser.

Some journalists  obviously have a different definition of a push than I have, for me that was a two handed grab and a petulant throw which could have ended in serious injury, why was it not scrutinised more?, possibly, as has been written on numerous occasions on here, because the player doing it wasn't wearing a blue jersey with an RFC badge on it, and he is not one who could make a substantial contribution to our title hopes.

We just want equality when incidents happen, had the colour of jersey's been reversed on Saturday I have no doubt there would have been a few players and incidents  that the compliance officer may well have been considering this morning.

He dragged him and threw him round. It looked horrendous on the rerun on Sportscene. It was assault and could have ended in a serious head injury.

If the other way round, there would have been a serious player rammy and our guy off.

We're too soft and not a word about it and the oppo know it.

Hayes was the one who was needling Morelos not the other way around.

Opposition players deliberately provoke him and he needs to be prepared for that kind of antagonism .The provoker and the provoked  are equally in the frame and refs up here need to look at the overall picture in such incidents....when they are deciding on showing a card of whatever colour.

1 hour ago, doc holliday said:

Hayes was the one who was needling Morelos not the other way around.

Opposition players deliberately provoke him and he needs to be prepared for that kind of antagonism .The provoker and the provoked  are equally in the frame and refs up here need to look at the overall picture in such incidents....when they are deciding on showing a card of whatever colour.

Hayes certainly had a go late in the game over in the corner. Hayes and that McKenna are both rabid bastards.

6 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

And he escaped a booking for his barge on Goldson, the exact same challenge Morelos was booked for against the plastic hard man at the Paedodome 

Archived