Morelos Watch

coopsleftboot

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think the last paragraph is probably the most important. After the evening times article on Morelos I was saying now is the time to fight back especially. Maybe the club can't do that and have to pick their battles but people with a bit of a shorter leash should be pointing out these things which @The Dude has done.

Club are useless at fighting battles. They've left this Morelos situation to fester for years and was all bark and no bite with the SPFL. The club can do it, they just refuse to.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Club are useless at fighting battles. They've left this Morelos situation to fester for years and was all bark and no bite with the SPFL. The club can do it, they just refuse to.

Agree man. They are just as responsible.

45 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think the last paragraph is probably the most important. After the evening times article on Morelos I was saying now is the time to fight back especially. Maybe the club can't do that and have to pick their battles but people with a bit of a shorter leash should be pointing out these things which @The Dude has done.

Fair enough, I read it as a bit of a dig at Rangers which imo wasn’t needed as the rest of the article was nailed on about the pish that had been published which to me is the most important part but each to their own interpretation 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, ayro said:

Fair enough, I read it as a bit of a dig at Rangers which imo wasn’t needed as the rest of the article was nailed on about the pish that had been published which to me is the most important part but each to their own interpretation 👍🏻

It was a dig at Rangers. The club are too busy moaning at our own for posting stuff on forums and building bridges with the Daily Record

46 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If they are aware this type of abuse is happening, then they need to report that abuse to the relevant authorities.  Not doing so is a failure in their duty of care towards players receiving this type of abuse.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It was a dig at Rangers. The club are too busy moaning at our own for posting stuff on forums and building bridges with the Daily Record

Glad I interpreted it right 😀

I understand your reasons for it, imo it was a bit petty and not needed, would rather concentrate on the main reason for the article highlighting how Alfie is continually portrayed by sections of the media, which was achieved and well delivered.

6 minutes ago, ayro said:

Glad I interpreted it right 😀

I understand your reasons for it, imo it was a bit petty and not needed, would rather concentrate on the main reason for the article highlighting how Alfie is continually portrayed by sections of the media, which was achieved and well delivered.

The reason he is allowed to be targeted though is because the club have very little interest in doing anything about it. They can't call it a hate crime or racism without being absolutely nailed on with it (and there isn't enough in that article to make such an accusation) so they just let it slide.

It all goes back to our inept PR. We hired Traynor to 'firefight' stories just like this and make sure when they were published they got pulled because Rab Boyle and Alice Hedworth have absolutely zero clout with any of the editors at papers. Traynor (for all his flaws) at least had some clout where he would at least get the courtesy of being heard.

To replace him with a guy who has even less clout than Rab or Alice is utterly laughable and shows exactly how badly we've got it.

Compare the hire of someone like James Bisgrove to David Graham and count up their successes. So far, the most notable thing Graham has done is give his pals a press pass and leak season ticket sales to the Daily Record.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The reason he is allowed to be targeted though is because the club have very little interest in doing anything about it. They can't call it a hate crime or racism without being absolutely nailed on with it (and there isn't enough in that article to make such an accusation) so they just let it slide.

It all goes back to our inept PR. We hired Traynor to 'firefight' stories just like this and make sure when they were published they got pulled because Rab Boyle and Alice Hedworth have absolutely zero clout with any of the editors at papers. Traynor (for all his flaws) at least had some clout where he would at least get the courtesy of being heard.

To replace him with a guy who has even less clout than Rab or Alice is utterly laughable and shows exactly how badly we've got it.

Compare the hire of someone like James Bisgrove to David Graham and count up their successes. So far, the most notable thing Graham has done is give his pals a press pass and leak season ticket sales to the Daily Record.

You are obviously more aware of this than the average fan as it’s your job.

Should the club do more about this type of thing, if as bad as you are suggesting then of course they should but personally think that is a different argument and probably worth a separate blog dedicated to lack of support you consider the club provide to the players, which I would assume would definitely result in the angry call you referred to.

I read the final paragraph as a negative as it’s read in isolation, your explanation makes sense but that realisation is from about 10 posts which don’t get explained in your original article 👍🏻

1 minute ago, ayro said:

You are obviously more aware of this than the average fan as it’s your job.

Should the club do more about this type of thing, if as bad as you are suggesting then of course they should but personally think that is a different argument and probably worth a separate blog dedicated to lack of support you consider the club provide to the players, which I would assume would definitely result in the angry call you referred to.

I read the final paragraph as a negative as it’s read in isolation, your explanation makes sense but that realisation is from about 10 posts which don’t get explained in your original article 👍🏻

The club absolutely should do more about it. That's one of the main things people like David Graham are in a job to do. Work with journalists to try and get the fairest possible coverage. That's not to say clubs should come down hard on any criticism of them as that would be crazy but Rangers only appear willing to respond to such stuff when certain individuals in the boardroom are criticised. That's nothing new, it's been happening since Murray was chairman and it seems to have become one of the club's traditions now. Let the fans and players get it tight but god forbid the execs get criticism.

I think it said it earlier but it is worth repeating. Defending the players from attacks in the media shouldn't come down to 'fan media' or bloggers. At worst, I should be reporting on the club's retort to such embarrassing copy from a national paper. There's also much more chance of it getting stopped if the club react rather than leave it to the fans to do.

Even taking the final bit in isolation, I don't think I've said something that wont chime with many (most?) who read it. You just need to go back to the 'Number Eight' I mentioned at the start of the article (and quite a few others since) to see how little interest the club have in tackling bollocks like that aimed at our players.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The club absolutely should do more about it. That's one of the main things people like David Graham are in a job to do. Work with journalists to try and get the fairest possible coverage. That's not to say clubs should come down hard on any criticism of them as that would be crazy but Rangers only appear willing to respond to such stuff when certain individuals in the boardroom are criticised. That's nothing new, it's been happening since Murray was chairman and it seems to have become one of the club's traditions now. Let the fans and players get it tight but god forbid the execs get criticism.

I think it said it earlier but it is worth repeating. Defending the players from attacks in the media shouldn't come down to 'fan media' or bloggers. At worst, I should be reporting on the club's retort to such embarrassing copy from a national paper. There's also much more chance of it getting stopped if the club react rather than leave it to the fans to do.

Even taking the final bit in isolation, I don't think I've said something that wont chime with many (most?) who read it. You just need to go back to the 'Number Eight' I mentioned at the start of the article (and quite a few others since) to see how little interest the club have in tackling bollocks like that aimed at our players.

2nd paragraph spot on, it's all very well bloggers standing up for fans and players but how big a platform is it to the general public? , whereas if it was coming straight from the club it would reach a far larger audience.

I really like what the board are doing in all other matters, but as a supporter I want to see them being more aggressive in dealing with the shit that gets thrown at us and Morelos in particular.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah challenging every bit of criticism is unhealthy and gives a platform to the needy but hey that’s social media.

Agreed, fan media shouldn’t have to defend media attacks but fan media need a lot of information positive and negative to allow them to develop, so a bit double edged sword for me.

McNee was ridiculed and laughed at for his Number 8 patter iirc as he had lost the plot, sometimes it’s better to let people make an arse of them self with no help.

1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

2nd paragraph spot on, it's all very well bloggers standing up for fans and players but how big a platform is it to the general public? , whereas if it was coming straight from the club it would reach a far larger audience.

I really like what the board are doing in all other matters, but as a supporter I want to see them being more aggressive in dealing with the shit that gets thrown at us and Morelos in particular.

I can only speak for my own 'platform' but it is every bit as large as (and in some cases bigger than) some of the newspapers printing it.

1 minute ago, ayro said:

Yeah challenging every bit of criticism is unhealthy and gives a platform to the needy but hey that’s social media.

Agreed, fan media shouldn’t have to defend media attacks but fan media need a lot of information positive and negative to allow them to develop, so a bit double edged sword for me.

McNee was ridiculed and laughed at for his Number 8 patter iirc as he had lost the plot, sometimes it’s better to let people make an arse of them self with no help.

Most fan media don't get ANY information from clubs. Clubs generally view them as an inconvenience as there is no money-making angle for them. Rangers are happy to effectively blacklist some fan media because they won't dance to the club's tune.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I can only speak for my own 'platform' but it is every bit as large as (and in some cases bigger than) some of the newspapers printing it.

Good for you having such a large following :tu: but is it just Rangers fans that are reading your blog or is it the general public mate?

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

Good for you having such a large following :tu: but is it just Rangers fans that are reading your blog or is it the general public mate?

Cheers. I just like the fact that I've got more digital subs than several of the national dailies. Always gives me a laugh when their journos get a bit snooty and then learn the sort of numbers we do.

Bit of both. Largely Rangers fans but there's  a fair amount of traffic comes from other club forums etc. The name helps a bit with that since 'Rangers News' works pretty well when people are googling Rangers news :boughy:

Archived