***  RangersMedia Erskine Fund - Season 2020/21 - Annual Fundraiser - Support Our Veterans! ***

govanblue

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Sorry for the delay as I have not been on RM for some time/ Stick me down for £50 to be paid next weekend after my pension comes in.

Very much appreciated! @Zetland will add you to the pledged list.  :thumbsup:

Mind that as a pensioner, you are entitled to a concession rate, just like with haircuts!

So please don't you (or anyone else) feel that you need to donate any more than you can comfortably manage.   All donations are appreciated, large or small.  :rangers:

4 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Very much appreciated! @Zetland will add you to the pledged list.  :thumbsup:

Mind that as a pensioner, you are entitled to a concession rate, just like with haircuts!

So please don't you (or anyone else) feel that you need to donate any more than you can comfortably manage.   All donations are appreciated, large or small:rangers:

That's not what she said...

tenor (2).gif

On 12/08/2020 at 00:03, govanblue said:

We don't have any recent pics of Broxi, because we've been keen not to pester him and his new companion, as they'll no doubt have their own things to be getting on with. :tu:

I'm sure we could get a recent pic or two if we actually asked though.  note to self. 

But until then, here's some old footage from last year of Broxi and Pam, which might not have been posted here before...

I am sure Pam will not mind me using this pic of Broxi and Maggie from her Facebook taken on 6th Aug.  :thumbsup:

Broxi and Maggie 6 Aug.jpg

54 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Thanks for posting Broxi pics, always enjoy those. Are Bravehound donations made through the Erskine fundraisers?.. Or is it considered a seperate entity? 

A bit of both really.

The bulk of our annual fundraiser pays for the Ibrox season tickets for Erskine and for Combat Stress. That's about £2k each season.

The remainder, plus whatever we raise in the smaller fundraisers during the season (The Mid-season Remembrance/Christmas fundraiser and the End of Season Top-up fundraiser) gets split between: 

• Erskine
  • Bravehound
  • Combat Stress
  • Rangers Youth Development Company

There's no specific formula for how we divide that money, it depends on what comes up really, although by far the largest share always goes to Erskine.

Here's a good example of how we spent our money  last season...

We always like to give the 3 Erskine Homes and Bravehound a cheque at Christmas to buy some extra treats. 

Last Christmas we raised about £2300 of which £300 went to Bravehound...

So then apart from those two general top-up fundraisers, we will also have a wee fundraiser just for Bravehound at some point during the season, - the last one (April 2020) raised another £300

The one before that another £500.

I've just done a quick count, and to date we have donated £3100 to Bravehound.

Once we get a final tally for our current fundraiser, we'll probably fire a couple of hundred of that to Bravehound, and then have a wee top-up fundraiser later in the season.

Hope that answers your question.  :thumbsup:

_Broxie.thumb.jpg.40f28fff30b14b633a682e

_Broxi.thumb.jpg.aa3d44703d3cc7d6d70a7b0

48 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Thanks for posting Broxi pics, always enjoy those. Are Bravehound donations made through the Erskine fundraisers?.. Or is it considered a seperate entity? 

I should let @govanblue answer but I think this is combined fundraiser this time, he will see this and get back. :thumbup:

On 03/08/2020 at 20:19, govanblue said:

Yes, I'd like to report some cyber-bullying.  :lol:

Okay, stick me on the donated list.  :tu:

Oops I meant Pledged list, not Donated list.  Getting ahead of myself there!

Payday is next week.  @Zetland - remind me then please.  :tu:

3 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

GB has supplied lots of information!

Not sure if this post should be considered a pledge? :thumbup:

Archived