We still need another two IMO

GOAT

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Kamara is so under-appreciated it's ridiculous.

I'm excited about Roofe.

Itten in that YouTube video looks a bit shit to me and solely based on their Youtube clips, which I accept might be a bit of an unfair comparison, Toney looks a far better player. Hope I've got that wrong.

They wanted double what itten supposedly cost though. 

31 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Over rated because... £50 K.. He's not good enough to be in a title winning team.

Plenty worse players have been part of title winning squads. He has good and bad spells but certainly not as bad as some make him out to be.

1 minute ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Do we tho? I don't think so.

We need Tav to do a couple of things, keep his concentration in defence and take that split second on cross balls to think about it properly. 

3 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

I agree Jack and Kamara need upgraded. One or ideally two signings there and we could start to look frightening.

It feels like all of a sudden we have quality players.

Puts the grim bosmans of last year, Barker, Stewart, Jones et al, into perspective.

Dumb guy question but is that not the position he was wanting/wants Zungu for? That cld be the midfielder folk are wanting him to sign?

9 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Got a feeling we will going for a Scottish national  midfielder. Especially if the fringe players who made up our quota in last seasons Europa League leave. Possibly another reason Zungu was not completed. Can't leave ourselves short.

Does Roofe count as a home grown player? Is it Uk based or only Scotland?

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It’s fine saying we need quality in reserve but as I’ve already said I think you would struggle to find a real “quality” player at the level people want us to sign that will come in and be happy to have two players of similar or comparable quality ahead of him for his place. I would love it but, and I hope we can pick up a winger on loan from England later on in the window, but the days of that level of depth is over IMO.

Defo loans will come in and provide the cover we need. Gerrard has used the loan market every season and this will not be any different. I would imagine a winger will come on loan and a central mid fielder will be bought and that will be our lot. Possibly another few loans but don’t see much more coming in.

Delighted and pleasantly surprised by the signings we have made already. 

I was certain that players would have to leave before additions would be made.

Now that we have signed two big money strikers I think the biggest focus has to be reducing numbers. I don’t disagree that another box to box midfielder would be ideal but we need to get rid of an awful lot of deadwood now. 

4 hours ago, WestCoastGer said:

Dumb guy question but is that not the position he was wanting/wants Zungu for? That cld be the midfielder folk are wanting him to sign?

Hopefully, he did say to carragher he wants another one for the engine room or along those lines 

I definitely think we will be in the market for a midfielder, but would be very surprised to see any further additions on top of that without players leaving. That said, even with a fairly strange transfer window, we have done the vast majority of our business quietly and early.  Was speaking to my brother yesterday who thought we have played the Buff situation similar to Spurs when they knew they were selling Bale to Madrid. Go out and get your replacements in early and before you actually sell your star man, as once you make a major sale teams tend to start bumping up prices as they know you are cash rich?

There are still two months to go in the window, so if any of Jones, Stewart, Murphy, Barker et al were to leave that could open up possibility for some further additions to the wide/forward areas.

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Scotland only for HGN. Need 4 club trained players too.

So who in the current first team squad qualify?

McGregor, Patterson, Kennedy?, Mayo?   Or is it any Scot, so Jack, McLaughlin, Stewart, Murphy, Middleton etc also count? 

Not sure who else is a prospect to come up through the ranks

I think we are good to go, maybe 1 more max, if we get rid of Murphy, Jones, Then maybe a left sided attacker or a cm, because Hagi and Aribo are versatile.

We have made 7 signings so  far! We want quality over quantity. 1 more at a push 

26 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

So who in the current first team squad qualify?

McGregor, Patterson, Kennedy?, Mayo?   Or is it any Scot, so Jack, McLaughlin, Stewart, Murphy, Middleton etc also count? 

Not sure who else is a prospect to come up through the ranks

8 scottish nationals. 4 club trained.  Under 18 don't need registered.

Currently 4/5 scottish nationals probably stay. 2 club trained in McGregor and Patterson are guaranteed to stay.

4 minutes ago, 1690KWilliam said:

Okay then smart arse.  If you think you are obviously better qualified for an opinion.  Or has everyone got to bow down to your supreme knowledge? 

3 minutes ago, 1690KWilliam said:

And the fact is true that Tav has cost us too many goals.  Whether or not we have differing opinions on him being the right fit for the team. 

There is a picture in my post  of someone I hope has more of a clue than you, or me.

Calm down mate ffs.

Archived