*****Official 20/21 EL Qualifying thread*****

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would create this thread for all the draws in qualifying and update people on draw dates/times, possible opponents etc. Something to look forward to over the next few weeks.  We've had

Should score at least one over there and make game at Ibrox a formality.

Can I order 2 home and one away top please.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Got to be beating those. One or two I'd rather avoid if I'm honest.

Be a disaster going out before Q4. Although one off ties could be tricky. Especially if sent to Russia, Ukraine or France in Q3.

Group 4

Seeded
1 Aberdeen (SCO)
2 Rosenborg (NOR)
3 Motherwell (SCO) 

Unseeded
4 Breidablik (ISL)
5 NSÍ Runavík (FRO)/Barry Town United (WAL)
6 Glentoran (NIR)/HB Tórshavn (FRO)

Q1 draw this morning. Although this thread is about us, those two do play a part in the coefficients. Both should be advancing to Q2 based on that. Hopefully get home draws just to be safe!

BookWorm likes this
1 minute ago, RS4_wul said:

Hope they both get absolutely fucked tbh.

Personally hope they all get to the group stages tbh, we need to keep the co efficient up as us ever playing in that EL2 would be a disaster, goes without saying I hope the taigs get fucked though, best case scenario is taigs papped out CL into EL and get a tough group with a lot of travel involved. 

20 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Hope they both get absolutely fucked tbh.

Fair enough. I will laugh if they go out myself. 

Benefits us if they can get to Q3 or Q4 coefficient wise. Dont want them making the  group stages and all extra revenue though. Never making GS anyway.

King Jela likes this

This one off format gives me the fear a bit. One off night and we're out plus I think the two legged games really suit us. However, we should be getting through Q2 without any issues.

This is another reason why winning the league is a must. The champions path for both the CL and EL looks always easier. Some of the teams that mob has played have been an absolute walk in the park compared to what you can get in the league or main path.

Think we need to prepare ourselves for the possibility of not making the groups this year.

We've been really lucky with our Q4 draws the last 2 years, but being unseeded in that round again this year our luck is probably due to run out 

plymouthranger likes this
19 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Think we need to prepare ourselves for the possibility of not making the groups this year.

We've been really lucky with our Q4 draws the last 2 years, but being unseeded in that round again this year our luck is probably due to run out 

Wouldn’t be a disaster this year tbh, money will be well down this season due to no gate receipts and would let us concentrate on the title 

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Puskas Akadamida?

Is that an academy set up by Puskas? Or just named after him? Guessing they're Hungarian?

Named after him, no involvement from him (obviously) or family :lol:

Bizarre one. Their stadium is a stunner though:

61BD8C43-AB85-4150-A29F-DCF0F0A172F6.jpeg

4944054E-340E-4E00-A361-8C70C1550488.jpeg

13CDC41F-2BCF-44E6-816F-16CEA76C0F4D.jpeg

Inigo and BridgeIsBlue like this
2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Wouldn’t be a disaster this year tbh, money will be well done this season due to no gate receipts and would let us concentrate on the title 

I didn't even think about that mate. The ticket money is a huge factor from the European games, I'm assuming that's completely lost either way? Or you'd have to assume they would introduce another RTV add-on for them