Jump to content

*****Official 20/21 EL Qualifying thread*****


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Willem, Rio Ave & Lech are all away from home in Rd2 so fair chance they wont all get through. Would expect Hammarby to beat Lech in particular. 

There’s also the overhanging risk of a team having to forfeit a game due to Covid 

What's the regs say about that?  Is it government that determines whether the game goes ahead?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would create this thread for all the draws in qualifying and update people on draw dates/times, possible opponents etc. Something to look forward to over the next few weeks.  We've had

Should score at least one over there and make game at Ibrox a formality.

Can I order 2 home and one away top please.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

What's the regs say about that?  Is it government that determines whether the game goes ahead?

UEFA are still making it up as they go along tbh. Lincoln Red Imps got a bye in the EL this year because a number of the Prishtina (who they were due to play) tested positive for Covid. 

They try to get games played where possible but with the tight turnaround from now on teams will have to forfeit if they can’t fulfill a fixture.

The only thing UEFA have said is that if a government refuses to let a team into their country due to Covid the home team will lose the game. 

In a situation where both teams have positive Covid tests and neither can play then who knows what UEFA will do

chris182 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

UEFA are still making it up as they go along tbh. Lincoln Red Imps got a bye in the EL this year because a number of the Prishtina (who they were due to play) tested positive for Covid. 

They try to get games played where possible but with the tight turnaround from now on teams will have to forfeit if they can’t fulfill a fixture.

The only thing UEFA have said is that if a government refuses to let a team into their country due to Covid the home team will lose the game. 

In a situation where both teams have positive Covid tests and neither can play then who knows what UEFA will do

Is the option there for a neutral venue or the home team to play away from home. Would hate to be put out of Europe by the scottish government.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Victoria stadium, Gibraltar, said this last season we when played st Joseph's... but played on the park Army v Lincoln Red imps b sorta team... 

All these mad semi pro medterian teams are all fit teams without much quality.

All 10 teams in the Gibraltar premier league play at the only stadium and fitba park on the Rock.

Lying as there is a 5g pitch with the tri service(army, navy, rag camp that's probably better than the pitch at the stadium.

Is Gibraltar on the covid list???

 

Said I'd try go back after missing out last year. Gibraltar is quality... n tax free

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ibrox_Nights said:

 

Thirded...disgusting thought.

 

Yes these wankers would just love to put us out if they could.

It sounds paranoid but I don't care. :boughy:

PS do you stay in Malaga mate ? Spent a great two weeks in Benalmadena last Sept.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes these wankers would just love to put us out if they could.

It sounds paranoid but I don't care. :boughy:

PS do you stay in Malaga mate ? Spent a great two weeks in Benalmadena last Sept.  

To anyone else who hadn't been through the shit we have been through, you, would probably sound paranoid. Sadly, we all know better than most we must stay vigilant.

Yeah, near enough anyway mate. Was there in Bena today actually :lol:

Bears r us likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Don't give them ideas ffs mate :lol:

 

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That was my first thought as well. :britney:

 

7 minutes ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

 

Thirded...disgusting thought.

 

 

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Think Murzo might need a cooling off period for that tbh


scottish gov. 1-0 Rangers

Goalscorer: wee nippy

Assist: pete the paedo harbourer 

 

We all know how they work, anything pro Union is a target.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The winner of Rangers' tie with Gibraltar's Lincoln Red Imps will be seeded and will meet one of the winners of Progres Niederkorn v Willem II, Borac Banja Luka v Rio Ave and Hammarby v Lech Poznan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

To anyone else who hadn't been through the shit we have been through, you, would probably sound paranoid. Sadly, we all know better than most we must stay vigilant.

Yeah, near enough anyway mate. Was there in Bena today actually :lol:

I agree and we know how much the SNP dislike us unionists. 

Fantastic, we hope to make it back there next Sept, all being well. We just loved the place. :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, murzo said:

 

 

 


scottish gov. 1-0 Rangers

Goalscorer: wee nippy

Assist: pete the paedo harbourer 

 

We all know how they work, anything pro Union is a target.

Let's hope the old Covid behaves itself, because I would not trust them an inch. 

murzo likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I agree and we know how much the SNP dislike us unionists. 

Fantastic, we hope to make it back there next Sept, all being well. We just loved the place. :thumbup:

Nice marina as well, yeah. You visit Bar None when you were over?

Bears r us likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

The winner of Rangers' tie with Gibraltar's Lincoln Red Imps will be seeded and will meet one of the winners of Progres Niederkorn v Willem II, Borac Banja Luka v Rio Ave and Hammarby v Lech Poznan.

That's a lot tougher than I would've liked at this stage, we should still be winning, but away games against Rio Ave, Lech and Willem II would be dangerous providing they qualify.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I know it's not popular on here but I hope both the sheep and Motherwell make Q3. Just for a small boost to the coefficients.

There's little chance either go further than Q3 as every team is much stronger than both.

Happily see both teams through for the coefficient tbh. Cant just be us and them propping Scotland up every year if we want 2 CL places to become the norm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And we should be beating all of those potential teams we could get in the 3rd round. That's why I'm worried 😂. We do better when we're underdogs and have to dig out a result and play on the counter in Europe IMO 

Good thing is I'd expect all 3 of these teams to be very technical and try to play against us which should fall in our favour

bornabear and TEFTONG like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Upcoming Events

    • 22 October 2020 16:55 Until 18:55
      0  
      Standard Liege v Rangers
      Stade de Sclessin
      Europa League

×
×
  • Create New...