22 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I honestly think we would make the CL group stages if we win the league this season mate.

Only Salzburg/Olympiakos really would make it a 50/50 tie IMO.

Would be amazing .I’m quite happy to get anyone mate .That way we will be Champions 😀

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bastard so when we win the league .They still get a CL spot 🤔😏

Scottish Football is nothing without us.

What a fucking performance from.us over the last 2 year 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Really? First I've heard of a new competition. I did not know that.

drawn up on the back of a fag packet for diddy teams.
had another listen in to ssb whine in and there were a couple of our own letting them know the co-efficient was down to us over the last 3 seasons,and you would think somebody let rip with the most foul fart you ever sniffed,and all you could hear was coughing and spluttering from "the panel" :mutley:

eejay the dj likes this
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I honestly think we would make the CL group stages if we win the league this season mate.

Only Salzburg/Olympiakos really would make it a 50/50 tie IMO.

👍 We are a better team than we get credit for. Watching some of the teams in Champions League I think we would more than hold our own. I would be willing to bet we are one of the fittest teams in Europe. 

1 hour ago, hawkfalcons said:

would love the coefficient to be based on clubs performance not nation, they bastards tried to  finish us  in 2012 so fuck them all leeches on our coat tails  taking the crumbs 

Both the country and the club coefficients count. The country coefficient defines how many teams Scotland gets in each competition and at what stage of the qualifiers each team enters the competition. After that it is the clubs individual coefficient which defines if you are seeded or not for each qualifier and what pot you are in if you make the groups. Because we were out of Europe for 5 years we are in the process of rebuilding our club coefficient. This has also improved the Scottish coefficient hence the 2 CL places next year. First season back we had no coefficient points and screwed up against progres. That meant in year 2 we were ranked something like 269th, then the following year were mid 100s and this season I think we were 94th from memory. Our 4 wins this season has taken us to 69th and we should go higher. The advantage we have is that each year as clubs lose the points they earned 6 years ago we are losing zero as we were not in Europe then. We should be able to get up to about 50 to 55th for next season. To put it in context the tarriers are sitting in the mid 30s. The highest I think we have ever been is 24th back around the time we got to Manchester. Once we have 5 years of points in 2 years time if we continue to make group stages we should be up with or ahead of the tarriers. 

tommyw and Bears like this
1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Both the country and the club coefficients count. The country coefficient defines how many teams Scotland gets in each competition and at what stage of the qualifiers each team enters the competition. After that it is the clubs individual coefficient which defines if you are seeded or not for each qualifier and what pot you are in if you make the groups. Because we were out of Europe for 5 years we are in the process of rebuilding our club coefficient. This has also improved the Scottish coefficient hence the 2 CL places next year. First season back we had no coefficient points and screwed up against progres. That meant in year 2 we were ranked something like 269th, then the following year were mid 100s and this season I think we were 94th from memory. Our 4 wins this season has taken us to 69th and we should go higher. The advantage we have is that each year as clubs lose the points they earned 6 years ago we are losing zero as we were not in Europe then. We should be able to get up to about 50 to 55th for next season. To put it in context the tarriers are sitting in the mid 30s. The highest I think we have ever been is 24th back around the time we got to Manchester. Once we have 5 years of points in 2 years time if we continue to make group stages we should be up with or ahead of the tarriers. 

We have always been ahead and up with the scum mate in class and  in football :rangers:

Brubear likes this
4 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

👍 We are a better team than we get credit for. Watching some of the teams in Champions League I think we would more than hold our own. I would be willing to bet we are one of the fittest teams in Europe. 

We have been amazing in Europe.

55 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

This new Conference League thing sounds interesting.

Even if you lose a Europa Play-off or finish 3rd in the group stage you just drop into this tournament rather than out of Europe altogether.

Yeah but has no real credibility really. Will be eventually , the tournament for losers 

scottyscott1963 likes this
13 hours ago, Brubear said:

You say diddy clubs but if it had come in a year earlier we would have been in it. As Scotland only had 4 places, it would have been 1 CL and 1 EL for cup winner and 2 EC, 2nd and 3rd in league, which would have been us. It shows how important it was that we got Scotlands coefficient to a level Scotland are a top 15 country. 

That would have been interesting as last years cup still hasn't been "won" yet. 😁

2 hours ago, Jb85 said:

Won't having more teams in Europe scupper our co efficient seeing as they don't really do well?

Normally yes as the combined coefficient points earned will be divided by 5 in future not 4. This ensures only countries with a depth of decent teams keep 5 or 6 teams in Europe. Scotland normally only get it for 1 or 2 seasons before we drop down again because of the lack of quality outside us and them. Will be interesting if that changes as 2 of our teams will be in this new EC competition where the standard should be lower and the likes of the sheep and hibs might actually get some wins. 

57 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

The whole coeffecient thing and how it works out is mental. For instance, grenada who have hardly ever been in europe get into pot 2 of the europa league group draw just cos they happen to be spanish and therefor got coeffecient points just for that. Not right.

I agree. That to me is the one area UEFA have it wrong, the rest actually works not too bad. If your club coefficient is lower than the country one you get the country coefficient. The theory is that if you were 4th or 5th in Spain but haven't been in Europe for 5 years  for example, you are probably better than a team from Andorra that make Europe every year.  It doesn't effect the quality teams, only the also rans. I think the highest country coefficient is around 16 and we are now above that despite only having 2 full years points plus this years. We have felt the effect the past 2 years as we were way down the rankings due to having been out of Europe for 5 years. 

MurrayWilson likes this
5 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

This new Conference League thing sounds interesting.

Even if you lose a Europa Play-off or finish 3rd in the group stage you just drop into this tournament rather than out of Europe altogether.

I’m not convinced they have really thought about this properly.

For me it should have been a chance for teams from Northern Ireland, Wales, Malta, Estonia etc to directly qualify and play regular European football but I still don’t think many of them will even qualify for this tournament looking at the format.

3 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

The whole coeffecient thing and how it works out is mental. For instance, grenada who have hardly ever been in europe get into pot 2 of the europa league group draw just cos they happen to be spanish and therefor got coeffecient points just for that. Not right.

That's a bit like saying that if we had finished champions the year we got back into the SPL, we wouldn't have deserved a CL spot. Grenada earned the right by finsihing 7th in one of the best leagues in the world....seems fair enough to me.

eejay the dj likes this
38 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

That's a bit like saying that if we had finished champions the year we got back into the SPL, we wouldn't have deserved a CL spot. Grenada earned the right by finsihing 7th in one of the best leagues in the world....seems fair enough to me.

Pish. The results we have achieved in Europe the last 2 years have been deemed only enough to merit a pot 4 coeffecient, we have beaten  the likes of feyenoord, porto and galatasray to name but a few. Grenada have done fuck all in europe which is what should count. 

49 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Pish. The results we have achieved in Europe the last 2 years have been deemed only enough to merit a pot 4 coeffecient, we have beaten  the likes of feyenoord, porto and galatasray to name but a few. Grenada have done fuck all in europe which is what should count. 

So did Leicester City not deserve a champions league spot when they won the EPL?

eejay the dj likes this
1 hour ago, Flatcap said:

It isn't a case of getting the right of access, that is a given based on where you finish in your country's league or cup. It is a case of seeding for qualifiers of group pots. We would never have been denied access to CL or EL due to not being in Europe for 5 years but we were unseeded for the qualifiers, even the early ones in the first year back because we were Scottish. If we were Spanish, English etc we would have been seeded through all the qualifiers and put in pot 2 of the EL group, whereas last year we were in pot 4 and this year pot 3. 

Rangers_no1 likes this
1 minute ago, Flatcap said:

So did Leicester City not deserve a champions league spot when they won the EPL?

The positive .We are getting stronger so I’m counting on our points making sure qualifying for CL could be a regular thing .And Leicester won me a grand .So I would say they did 😄

Flatcap likes this