Well done Alfie

KeyserSoze

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one as a 60 something , love the wee fella, ......Fergie, Stein, Parlane, Hately, McCoist, Prso, Boyd, were my heroes through the years, and I seriously think the wee fella is up there with them all.

Young kid from Columbia, first pro stint in Finland, comes here to get battered by media, authorities,referees and players, but despite that gives us some fantastic memories over his time here,.

Yes, he has let himself and the club down on more than a few occasions, but in my mind, the good totally outweighs the bad. His relationship with the fans I feel is a testament to that.

I hope he stays and helps us to 55 but will understand if he feels it is time to move on

1 minute ago, pollok-bear said:

Wonder if it is anything to do with having no fans at the game oh actually sorry what am I talking about I am sure Liewell will get his puppets working again soon.

You can count on it now that they are behind.

In fact, you could say it has already begun. We play a rested St Johnstone on Wednesday and they play a depleted Aberdeen next Saturday. They will get every break possible.

Great to see him back on form at times when the team have a dip he does as well due in part the lack of service available to him at times has been questionable yet when de does dig deep to get the team over the line like so many times last season his contribution is priceless .

Lately he seems to have become an easy target yet he's been productive in the league games thus far .

In regards to Thursday's game any criticism levelled at the player should also be levelled at the team as like a few others got the feeling regardless of how good a side they were our players really didn't do themselves any favours in matching or showing a team performance that could've overturned albeit a hard task but justify their place with a team performance to match that's the annoying thing for me about Thursday.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

In fact, you could say it has already begun. We play a rested St Johnstone on Wednesday and they play a depleted Aberdeen next Saturday. They will get every break possible.

It’s so early in the season though so doubt St Johnstone would really want that break, you want momentum so I’d say it actually suits us.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Never wanted him to leave, still don't.

Hope he stays and helps us win the league this season.  We have a much better chance with him than without him.

Do you think if he stays we'll be able to upgrade that midfield as well? 

Can't see it myself. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Do you think if he stays we'll be able to upgrade that midfield as well? 

Can't see it myself. 

Possibly,  I have no idea how our finances actually are.

18 minutes ago, Swally said:

Missed the second one because I had to go for a re-fill

Always happens

Hopefully goes on a goal-scoring streak now

Wonder when Roofe will get his chance if he's been out for so long?

Keep swalling Swally and we will win the league. You can always watch Sportscene.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Possibly,  I have no idea how our finances actually are.

If he leaves for £20m I'd use half of it to bring in a proper solid DM and a box to box player. 

Roofe and Itten will do fine with us imo and Hagi, Aribo and Kent will hopefully kick on as well, but the middle of the park is lacking so much in quality it's frightening. 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

They also play an angry St Mirren on Wednesday night away from home for the 2nd game in a row, while red hot Rangers are at home again to a St Johnstone team lacking in match fitness. Suppose its how you spin it. 

The more I think about it all night the more pleased I am.

His 2 goals were good poacher/striker goals.

I'm no saying I was wrong to think he shouldn't have played, however, the manager got it right today (despite saying a couple of nights ago his head was turned)

For all we criticise the management and players at times - sometimes they do get big calls right and know more than your average fan (me or you)

I'm just glad my gut feeling was proved wrong.

Archived