Well done Alfie

KeyserSoze

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

The more I think about it all night the more pleased I am.

His 2 goals were good poacher/striker goals.

I'm no saying I was wrong to think he shouldn't have played, however, the manager got it right today (despite saying a couple of nights ago his head was turned)

For all we criticise the management and players at times - sometimes they do get big calls right and know more than your average fan (me or you)

I'm just glad my gut feeling was proved wrong.

Surprised you were watching today, given it was a domestic competition and not a European one.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hope he stays for obvious reasons but we desperately need the money to bring in at least 2 top drawer midfielders. 

Shite situation to be in but it is what it is. 

Not sure I agree that it's a shite situation to be in.  Unless I misinterpreted what Gerrard said or he was lying, we do not need to sell our start player. However, if we receive a bid that meets our valuation then he must go - everyone has their price and for once we are able to make big money from selling - this has to be our business model whether we are challenging or dominating the league.  We are in a very goos situation in my view. 

Liverpool sell Coutinho.  Buy Van Dijk and Allisson.  Win CL and EPL and World  Club  trophy.  

If Alfie goes for £16-18M it is all about how we reinvest that money.   Assuming we have already parted with £10M it is all about bringing in the quality midfielder(s) for the balance. 

Just now, MacBoyd said:

even home games?

Even home games.

Our club never put up a fight in them getting awarded a title (amongst 3/4 other things) and Stewart Robertson a couple of weeks ago telling folk that had an issue with folk leaning not to go back to Ibrox - that's fine. 

I'm fine with it. 

My days of blindly pumping every penny I've got into Rangers and all the unconditional stuff that goes with it, is over.

Doesn't mean I don't support them.

Morelos against Aberdeen. More touches than in any game last season.   He is playing more as. A front 3 bringing in Hagi and Kent.  Hence his assists with Kent.   

I think he is just wonderful and his hold up and bringing players in amazing.  He was most fouled player in Aberdeen game and has had 2 players booked for tackles on him.  

The scottish media dis his weight.  Maradonna Fat Ronaldo and Costa are all heavyish.  It helps his ability to hold off players.  

His contribution to his local community  is without equal in Scottish football.  He handed out food parcels in covid stricken Colombia when Griffith was organising a party breaching covid rules. He is a young man in a different culture and has struggled linguistically to learn the language

He looks huffy they say!!!!

Gerrard says he is focussed and professional and clearly trusts in him. 

He is as good an all round striker as I have ever seen at Ibrox age 23.  And I’m nearly 60.  

We will be a long time in replacing him.  

The medias portrayal of him is frankly the most racist stereotypical xenophobia in Scotland in modern footballing times. 

Well done Alfredo!! 

Why not stay a season for 55.   You will go down in folklore.

9 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Even home games.

Our club never put up a fight in them getting awarded a title (amongst 3/4 other things) and Stewart Robertson a couple of weeks ago telling folk that had an issue with folk leaning not to go back to Ibrox - that's fine. 

I'm fine with it. 

My days of blindly pumping every penny I've got into Rangers and all the unconditional stuff that goes with it, is over.

Doesn't mean I don't support them.

That’s like separated father saying he supports his kids but doesn’t pay for them.  Supporting has a financial burden we should be prepared to pay.  If you don’t pay then you are not exactly a supporter in the truest sense of the word.  Just saying .....

Just now, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

That’s like separated father saying he supports his kids but doesn’t pay for them.  Supporting has a financial burden we should be prepared to pay.  If you don’t pay then you are not exactly a supporter in the truest sense of the word.  Just saying .....

I agree.

Rangers fan then.

That's me.

His two goals are a huge positive, no matter which way you cut it.  

At a time when it looked like he couldn’t score in a brothel, and his subsequent sell-on value was beginning to plummet, it just reminds any interested suiters that he IS a scoring machine and they WILL have to cough up big if they want him.

And for us, we get a happy Alfie, firing us to points and flashing us that big cheesy grin. 

My only caveat is that it won’t be long before the usual suspects in the media go to town on him and secondly, I do wonder if it will affect any little tweaks to our play that the coaching staff planned to remove the reliance on Alfie and which might’ve benefitted the overall team.

But who doesn’t love our cheeky Alfie when he’s back scoring? Great to see

Archived