Clive Tyldesley

PromDeAnglais

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Biased for who? 

Where an English team is concerned, his bias is off the chart. Embarrassingly so at times. Over and above that, I just don't rate him overall, I don't think he is a particularly good commentator.   

I just don't rate the guy and am not creaming myself because he is now working for us. At substantial cost to the club, no doubt. One signing this summer we could have done without imo.

1 minute ago, ayrshireranger said:

Where an English team is concerned, his bias is off the chart. Embarrassingly so at times. Over and above that, I just don't rate him overall, I don't think he is a particularly good commentator.   

I just don't rate the guy and am not creaming myself because he is now working for us. At substantial cost to the club, no doubt. One signing this summer we could have done without imo.

Well he is English... 

28 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

A English guy being biased about a game involving an English team on an English channel with what I would imagine is a largely English audience? I wonder why he sound's a tad biased. 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

he never quits talking the whole way up to the goal either. Tells you where players are standing that don't even have the ball 

arriboooo ariii arriii aribooo

Mate the difference in him and Tyldesley is night and day, there was a moment in the St Johnstone game where nothing was happening and both him and KT just remained silent, letting the game talk for itself. Know for a fact if it was Miller and Alex Rae they'd be talking about some random night they bumped into each other in the town. 

Nothing against the guy personally he's just a shit commentator and those saying they'd rather him over a guy who's been at the top of football doing games for the best part of 20 odd year are on one. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Mate the difference in him and Tyldesley is night and day, there was a moment in the St Johnstone game where nothing was happening and both him and KT just remained silent, letting the game talk for itself. Know for a fact if it was Miller and Alex Rae they'd be talking about some random night they bumped into each other in the town. 

Nothing against the guy personally he's just a shit commentator and those saying they'd rather him over a guy who's been at the top of football doing games for the best part of 20 odd year are on one. 

Miller is a great guy, a great bear who has given a lot to the club, deserves a ST for life for working for free during our shite times, but he isn't a good commentator. He's too much a fan to be a proper commentator.

5 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Miller is a great guy, a great bear who has given a lot to the club, deserves a ST for life for working for free during our shite times, but he isn't a good commentator. He's too much a fan to be a proper commentator.

Don't agree with that at all

You could pick anyone out of the support and they would have done the same. Should we all get STs for life for continuing to put money into the club during those same times?

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Don't agree with that at all

You could pick anyone out of the support and they would have done the same. Should we all get STs for life for continuing to put money into the club during those same times?

One individual, yes. In a 50k+ capacity stadium, its a perfectly adequate gesture.

I'm not saying every Tom dick or Harry should get it and it won't happen obviously but in terms of a way of saying thanks I wouldnt be against it. He must be knocking on a bit anyways so its not like its taking someone's seat away forever is it.

4 minutes ago, stevemac said:

One individual, yes. In a 50k+ capacity stadium, its a perfectly adequate gesture.

I'm not saying every Tom dick or Harry should get it and it won't happen obviously but in terms of a way of saying thanks I wouldnt be against it. He must be knocking on a bit anyways so its not like its taking someone's seat away forever is it.

For reasons I stated I would be against it. He's essentially had a ST and more by doing the role he has been doing.

Is he not only in his 50s?

On 04/09/2020 at 10:18, BridgeIsBlue said:

Goal of the season and its ruined by him shouting inane pish. 

Classic commentary, he is a fan with a great goal to commentate on, i find nothing to be offended by in that.

Archived