Clive Tyldesley

PromDeAnglais

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

But it ruined the goal?

It did, there's absolutely no need for the over the top shouting and bawling. 

Best thing about watching cracking goals back is listening to everybody going absolutely mental, can't even enjoy that. 

That's not being offended. 

On 04/09/2020 at 12:22, stevemac said:

He must be knocking on a bit anyways so its not like its taking someone's seat away forever is it.

Fuck sake. 
“Deserves a season ticket for free. He’ll be dead soon anyway so it’s no big deal”.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've discovered he sells prints of his commentary notes for notable games and campaigns online for £20-£25 unframed so we can't be paying him that much if he has to have a sideline.   Quite nice things actually, they remind me of that Rock Family Trees book from years ago.   Would look good on a mancave wall.

image.thumb.png.9799973fa78552f0d6ba3ffc5585962d.png

That's the only Rangers one unfortunately so here's an example from the 2012 CL final to show the amount of preparation he puts in to each match.

image.thumb.png.b56ea2cdfc97da7bfc47215dd759ab86.png

5 hours ago, miracle said:

I've discovered he sells prints of his commentary notes for notable games and campaigns online for £20-£25 unframed so we can't be paying him that much if he has to have a sideline.   Quite nice things actually, they remind me of that Rock Family Trees book from years ago.   Would look good on a mancave wall.

That's the only Rangers one unfortunately so here's an example from the 2012 CL final to show the amount of preparation he puts in to each match.

There'd be near 10 times the amount of writing on one of Tams ones if you were to write everything he says down

43 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There'd be near 10 times the amount of writing on one of Tams ones if you were to write everything he says down

Don't think he writes anything down, I think he has a load of objects in front of him to inspire his jokes.

A rubber duck,  a carrot, a picture of Giant Haystacks etc

During commentary he'd stare at all the objects, suddenly smile, pick one up and come out with another memorable line :megaanguish:

7 hours ago, miracle said:

Those are fairly standard tbh, Even I've got a stack of notes similar on players when I go to cover games.

Archived