Clive Tyldesley

PromDeAnglais

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Aye Clive gets the luxury gigs at Ibrox and poor wee Tom gets shafted out to away dumps in bum fuck Idaho :mutley:

You don't send a pedigree Thoroughbred to plow a field or eat a plastic pitch unless it is in the movie Warhorse. Let Clive do the good gigs and Tam can tell us who scored a double in 1971 with a second half double away to which team this time that year.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

😂, in their defence if it’s been an independent company and no communication from the club , when their piecing it together they’ll just hear a tune and thousand singing , it’s difficult to make out the words at the games , it was still funny as fuck though, billy boys been banned for years , was the first song 😂😂

Last home game before we play the scum will be interesting crowd noise.

Oh well jump on the heads of Glasgow celtic😀😀😀

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Last home game before we play the scum will be interesting crowd noise.

Oh well jump on the heads of Glasgow celtic😀😀😀

😂, whipped aff at half time yesterday 😂🙈, class 👍🏻😂

2 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

Armchair fan eh? 

Absolutely. 

Why would I waste my time and money going to games when you get top class camera work nowadays on your television.

That wasn't my point though, my point was the fans won't be allowed in the next home game 

5 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

He’s good but would rather have a Bear, I know it’s a bit parochial but one of our own would be better.

Respect your opinion but couldn't disagree more

Fed up with jobs for the boys tbh

For the club to move forward we need the best employees we can afford, not choosing someone because  he supported us.

Obviously there are exceptions and I'm willing to admit this role is perhaps more of a grey area, because like you there will be fans wanting to hear what a fan has to say.

Obviously if there's a conflict of interest, ie a scum fan applying for a job then the rule doesn't apply :lol:

7 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

He’s good but would rather have a Bear, I know it’s a bit parochial but one of our own would be better.

Seriously. The professionalism of the broadcasts with the lineups is night and day. Clive will no doubt be doing more and more homework before his next broadcast. It was an absolute coup to get one of the most recognised voices on comms. I know Tom Miller is a bear etc but it was night and day having Clive at the microphone.

4 minutes ago, badjon said:

Seriously. The professionalism of the broadcasts with the lineups is night and day. Clive will no doubt be doing more and more homework before his next broadcast. It was an absolute coup to get one of the most recognised voices on comms. I know Tom Miller is a bear etc but it was night and day having Clive at the microphone.

True, I've yet to hear Tom talk down the players on the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Heard him speak about the level of the game up here a few times.

Not wrong, but I think that's what The Dude is alluding to.

Aye thats it. He's there to talk it up. There's a difference between doing external comms and club comms. Not expecting him to belt the Sash out before kick off but don't cheapen the product my inferring it's substandard. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Heard him speak about the level of the game up here a few times.

Not wrong, but I think that's what The Dude is alluding to.

There was a few times I've heard him say "at this level" when talking about our player's abilities.

But, let me put it this way, would you be happy for a new player to come in and do such a good job on the pitch as what Clive did commentating on his first couple of Rangers games? :lol:

I'm sure he'll get some feedback from the club, and I'm sure he'll adjust accordingly. 

If anything he's just being honest, so if the club ask him to talk up our players and league, then he's kind of being asked to massage the truth a little. :lol:

1 hour ago, Swally said:

There was a few times I've heard him say "at this level" when talking about our player's abilities.

But, let me put it this way, would you be happy for a new player to come in and do such a good job on the pitch as what Clive did commentating on his first couple of Rangers games? :lol:

I'm sure he'll get some feedback from the club, and I'm sure he'll adjust accordingly. 

If anything he's just being honest, so if the club ask him to talk up our players and league, then he's kind of being asked to massage the truth a little. :lol:

I don’t actually care, as I said in the post you quoted, mate.

He’s not wrong, but I understand @The Dude’s point about not cheapening the product, as well.

On 09/08/2020 at 14:31, Creampuff said:

Absolutely. 

The need to fill every silence is the mark of a bad commentator. Just let the game happen. 

Last season Tom Miller was doing the RTV commentary plus the audio commentary, silence wouldn't have been too good over the radio.  So far this season Tom Miller & Steven Smith are doing the audio while Clive Tyldesley does the TV. 

I watched the Bayern vs Barca game on CBS (channel here in the USA) and Clive Tyldesley was the commentator. 

Archived