Official Rangers vs St Johnstone Match Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can anyone post a clip of the second goal?  had the polis at the door to congratulate me on my TT style driving which i displayed on the way home from work and missed it.....

thanks in advance

rangers.jpg

Happy with that. Big Helander and Balogun should be our centre back pairing. Fillip is the best centre back in the league. Goldson at some point will cost us, you can see it a mile off. Kamara ran the show, unlucky not to get MOTM. Barisic was superb. Morelos unlucky not to get a goal. Roofe badly needs games. Itten looked a bit nervous, I thought. Tav had a solid game but fucking fuck me let someone else take the corners. 

And the ref was fucking shocking. Stonewall penalty denied and very lenient on the St J players. 

At 3-0 up isn't that when young Patterson should be getting much needed game time? 

Gerrard needs to end his love affair with Davis because he offers nothing. Does he get game time because of his wages? Either way, it was a contract extension that should never have been given.

Never liked Itten's YouTube reel and I've still to see anything special.

There is a special talent in Roofe but he is weeks away from match fitness.

Happy to be top of the league. That's all that matters.

Just now, ZZed said:

Hagi looks like one of those players that float in and out the game.

To be fair to him the amount of times he made a run or created space for himself and wasn’t used had me screaming at the tv at times. Few bad touches but he’s young and just settling in, think he’ll become a star for us.

Good result, poor performance, said it earlier but take that everytime.

Really need to get Roofe into extra training & give him every minute we can, he looked absolutely terrible there, felt for him a bit, first game in 9 months apparently but hes miles off the pace.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Happy with that. Big Helander and Balogun should be our centre back pairing. Fillip is the best centre back in the league. Goldson at some point will cost us, you can see it a mile off. Kamara ran the show, unlucky not to get MOTM. Barisic was superb. Morelos unlucky not to get a goal. Roofe badly needs games. Itten looked a bit nervous, I thought. Tav had a solid game but fucking fuck me let someone else take the corners. 

And the ref was fucking shocking. Stonewall penalty denied and very lenient on the St J players. 

Agree with everything apart from the bit about Goldson. Guy has been great since the start of the season. Dunno how you can pull up Goldson tonight when Balogun had a very nervy moment.

Don't get the digs at Arfield.

Think he's been neat, positive and tackled well when brought on. 

Not sure who people want in our squad as back up for CM. I think he's a decent level to come on in the last 30 mins or step in for a game when required. 

Four subs at the one time is pre-season stuff, not to mention 2 of those players being brand new additions.

10 minutes ago, MasterD said:

The game was always going to slow down. We have 4 guys on the park that are short of match fitness and just getting minutes under their belt as well as 1 of them being a new signing as well as Itten also a new signing.
Said this the last game, 5 subs are going to kill games this season, having half the team trying to get into a game isn’t going to keep up the tempo.

5 subs shouldn't be happening tbf. English football scrapped that last week for the upcoming season.  

Get with players finding fitness the tempo can and will drop. I just think warning signs are there when Davis and Arfield came on. Struggled to build anything and we were losing the midfield. 

Definitely needing better options. 

5 minutes ago, ZZed said:

It looks as if he uses them to run down the last 30 minutes and save the legs of the more attacking midfielders after the game is won.

He can’t do that then say in interviews that he wants us to be ruthless and score more goals 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

We scored off his corner?

Archived