Central Midfield Positions - Game 1 & 2.

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Jack is running about holding Kamaras hand in case both of them get lost. 

if a player runs from A to B

A----------------------------------------------B

His average will be bang in the middle of that?

So I don't understand how the analysis tells us anything

I'm probably just thick as fuck

3 minutes ago, Swally said:

I don't understand what it's supposed to be getting at tbh

I don’t either. Our full backs are incredibly attacking (their average position shows that) and that obviously means that Kamara and Jack are being asked to be more disciplined and play in tandem to keep us solid and stop us being open to counter attacks.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t either. Our full backs are incredibly attacking (their average position shows that) and that obviously means that Kamara and Jack are being asked to be more disciplined and play in tandem to keep us solid and stop us being open to counter attacks.

At Pittodrie it's needed but at home to St Mirren? 

agreed, the whole team except from them and our CBs are often gung ho

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I don't know mate, it's difficult to say when we have what nearly 30 shots and St Mirren aren't really attacking.

Rather be a bit safe than be hit with a sucker punch

I don't kow tbh

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We won 3-0 and never looked in danger of losing the game so, no, it doesn’t bother me at all. Aribo is also playing in a far more advanced role too. It’s effectively the 4-2-3-1, with incredibly attacking full backs, that people have been crying out for the past two years.

We won 3-0 and never looked in danger of losing the game so, no, it doesn’t bother me at all. Aribo is also playing in a far more advanced role too. It’s effectively the 4-2-3-1, with incredibly attacking full backs, that people have been crying out for the past two years.

It's also good to have some sort of out ball, sometimes it's better to go backwards to switch play and stretch the other team about a bit when they're parking the bus

Wouldn't really trust Goldson with that kind of thing

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

I don't know mate, it's difficult to say when we have what nearly 30 shots and St Mirren aren't really attacking.

Rather be a bit safe than be hit with a sucker punch

I don't kow tbh

It adds to what I've been saying for weeks if we could get a quality player in to play that role it makes a world of difference instead of having 2 players doing the one job. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It adds to what I've been saying for weeks if we could get a quality player in to play that role it makes a world of difference instead of having 2 players doing the one job. 

I totally agree mate, I've been saying that for a while as well but for me there's too many possibilities as to how the CMs could have arrived at that average.

That's why I'm finding it difficult to use it in any kind of smart way that I can see :lol:

You know what I mean?

If we win every home game 3-0 and every away game 1-0, then Gerrard can play Bassey as a lone striker and Kemar Roofe as a sweeper for all I care.

That said, I don't think it's necessary to play two holding midfielders every game in the SPL - especially against the likes of St Mirren at home.

The problem you've got, is that it's the way Gerrard's played, from day one - and we're now in his third season. So he's not going to change.

I don't like it personally, but I ask myself if we change it about are we then back to square one and undone all the good work that has been acomplished thus far? 

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Aye, but one of the 2 can also be an attacking threat most of the time.

At Ibrox it should be the two centra halves at half way line with the CDM in front, not 2 CDM’s sitting in front.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye cause there's no point in trying to improve the team is there? 

In my view there’s no point in fans drawing attention to incidental positional data which seems to suggest an ‘issue’ when the reality is the system is working. If we kept dropping points and I thought there was any chance our highly qualified coaches hadn’t noticed where our midfielders play (or that it wasn’t on purpose) I might think differently. 

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

In my view there’s no point in fans drawing attention to incidental positional data which seems to suggest an ‘issue’ when the reality is the system is working. If we kept dropping points and I thought there was any chance our highly qualified coaches hadn’t noticed where our midfielders play (or that it wasn’t on purpose) I might think differently. 

To be fair it was an issue plenty of times, domestically, last season. Same tactics and setup.

But I do agree it's a bit crass and doesn't feel quite right being critical of a system that's seen us win our first two games, two clean sheets (including one at Pittodrie) and are top of the league (albeit early doors)

24 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aye, but one of the 2 can also be an attacking threat most of the time.

At Ibrox it should be the two centra halves at half way line with the CDM in front, not 2 CDM’s sitting in front.

I miss the highline and intense pressing we used to play when he first came in. 

6 minutes ago, rangersross said:

We've played with the same system in the middle of the park since Gerrard has arrived and it's only ever lasted in Europe. 

Months ago people were screaming for an upgrade and now it's ignored because we've won 2 games, madness. 

7 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Our highly qualified coaches and this system have won us not a single trophy in Scotland.

Archived