Forfeit game! Points deduction.

4 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Ahhhh.  The old newco taig argument.  

Whit? we did newco, just like hivs did in the 1880's and the taigs did in the 90's, we transferred the assets from one company to another, ie a new company (same club) the spl membership, held by the old company wasn't allowed to be transferred via a vote hence we were sent to the bottom, it isn't difficult.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Swally said:

I don't know what was in his head, but when you look at it slowly it looks like almost two strikes.

It look like he's raised his arm and pushes the player away, like I said looks to be contacting around his neck area.

Then it looks like he flicks his arm and hand out and contacts the players face with the hand.

It's actually quite a weird one.

Morelos gets a red for that every day of the week. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I get paid for all of my work and have a salaried full-time contract with GRV Media.

😂 yeah but not really eh ? it was better for you to try and fail as a journalist than to never even try that I can respect you for 

4 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

That's not true at all, it misses the point of vicarious liability.  The company is responsible for the actions of their employee.  Kilmarnock's players and staff played CFC, they didn't individually contract to play each player one by one.

If you buy a bus ticket, you haven't contracted with the driver of the bus, you bought it from the company, it was their job not to put a fuckwit at the wheel.

There may, in turn, be a triangular case they have against their employee, where they go, look you lost us this penalty and you have to pay us back, but that's their internal problem.  Doesn't stop the company being liable for the penalty.

There needs to be a sufficiently close connection between the players's job and his wrongful conduct to render vicarious liability appropriate.

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

😂 yeah but not really eh ? it was better for you to try and fail as a journalist than to never even try that I can respect you for 

No, really. I can quite happily provide my payslips showing them paying me every single month now since January 2019.

16 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

"Apparently" wouldn't cut it, I don't think.

Unless it can be proven, then brush this off as wishful thinking....I'm sure that whoever is claiming it has the evidence?  I would honestly be astounded if they thought they could get away with it having done that.

I agree that’s why I used the word, hopefully it can be proven, I see that picture of him on the plane was in the daily rheb, maybe they can confirm it one way or another, new business partners and that.😎

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There needs to be a sufficiently close connection between the players's job and his wrongful conduct to render vicarious liability appropriate.

It could be argued it was an independent frolic which is about the only out an employer has in regards to vicarious liability but that’s really in a case of negligence 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

and if not on the day certainly after it’s continually reported in the media until the CO gets involved and then it’s a red.

We have this before. Media coverage then the compliant officer steps in and bans Alfredo. Never happen to one of them though.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

It could be argued it was an independent frolic which is about the only out an employer has in regards to vicarious liability but that’s really in a case of negligence 

Which so far, absolutely everything points to.

12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Quite a few strawmans in there mate.

Just a few small steps.  

We did wrong corporately.  And we’re punished and demoted  like there was no option   I’ll call it vindictive  but you may say that’s a straw man

They did wrong corporately.  Putting the football season and small clubs at risk.  And very little will happen to them. 

Mans here we have you and the dude justifying a lack of severe action against them.   

For general info I’m pretty moderate.  I think we should ditch TBB , sectarian add ons and some of the uvf references.   I want a modern inclusive club.  

I just think bolingoli was not selectable to play due to government rules and the simple solution is to deduct the points for that game. 

Just now, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Just a few small steps.  

We did wrong corporately.  And we’re punished and demoted  like there was no option   I’ll call it vindictive  but you may say that’s a straw man

They did wrong corporately.  Putting the football season and small clubs at risk.  And very little will happen to them. 

Mans here we have you and the dude justifying a lack of severe action against them.   

For general info I’m pretty moderate.  I think we should ditch TBB , sectarian add ons and some of the uvf references.   I want a modern inclusive club.  

I just think bolingoli was not selectable to play due to government rules and the simple solution is to deduct the points for that game. 

There was options. The other SPL members to take the option they saw fit.

Is there ANY evidence they've done wrong? Were Rangers responsible for Jordan Jones' dangerous driving ban?

If anyone can show they've acted in breach of the rules, they should absolutely be punished. So far nobody can show that they have.

Just now, The Dude said:

Which so far, absolutely everything points to.

He can go to Spain and frolic all he wants. Just quarantine for 2 weeks like the rest of us.  Just follow government rules.   

Say another player does the same. And Nicola ends the league.  And clubs go bust. And punters lose their season ticket investments.   

The SPFL will have themselves to blame. 

They have an opportunity to be tough and they have bottled it.  No surprise there

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Biggest game in Gerrards managerial career in a few hours time and all this is going on :whistle:

Is it though?

It's a big game, but biggest in his managerial career might be a stretch.

He can go to Spain and frolic all he wants. Just quarantine for 2 weeks like the rest of us.  Just follow government rules.   

Say another player does the same. And Nicola ends the league.  And clubs go bust. And punters lose their season ticket investments.   

The SPFL will have themselves to blame. 

They have an opportunity to be tough and they have bottled it.  No surprise there

Literally nobody has said he shouldnt have quarantined. You're arguing against a point that hasn't been made.

If another player does the same and the season is pulled, the blame lies with the fuckwit who breached the rules anything else is mental.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was options. The other SPL members to take the option they saw fit.

Is there ANY evidence they've done wrong? Were Rangers responsible for Jordan Jones' dangerous driving ban?

If anyone can show they've acted in breach of the rules, they should absolutely be punished. So far nobody can show that they have.

Talk about straw man.  

Driving ban!  Hundreds of players have had them.   1..Covid is a public health issue I am very aware of from my profession. 

2. His behaviour threatens the existence of Scottish clubs.  

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A public health order to not be at work because you can kill people is the very lowest of bars to hurdle. 

Talk about straw man.  

Driving ban!  Hundreds of players have had them.   1..Covid is a public health issue I am very aware of from my profession. 

2. His behaviour threatens the existence of Scottish clubs.  

They absolutely have. were their employers responsible? It seems they should be held responsible for everything else.

It does threaten the existence of other clubs, which is why I find blaming someone else very odd.

1 minute ago, tomger said:

You looking forward to it? Got the battle fever on? Will be good to open up a gap against the scum won't it? 😁

I am indeed. Already got my stream set up and ready to go. Looking forward to hearing what McGregor has to say when he appears in the pre-match and curious to see whether Gerrard continues with Balogun in central defence of plays Helander in a bid to get him more minutes in a games we should comfortably win.

Same with the midfield. He mentioned there would be tweaks in his presser yesterday so looking forward to see exactly what those are and whether they have much of an impact on our playing still.

Then there's the new guys. Hopefully get to see one (or both) of them get some game time tonight and bring them up to speed.

That worked out well for you, eh?

Archived