Forfeit game! Points deduction.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I dont think most players fully grasp how serious breaches can be (and I include many who are British in that too) - that doesnt mean they arent well aware of the expectation on them not to go to the boozer or fuck off to spain. Players are generally unaware of just how many businesses directly and indirectly rely on football and the potential for the season to be canned.

What you are trying to say is that a fair number of professional footballers are thick as shit. Just say it, it's an up front forum. ;-)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Barasa said:

What you are trying to say is that a fair number of professional footballers are thick as shit. Just say it, it's an up front forum. ;-)

Yes. There are quite a few professional footballers who are incredibly thick - and quite a few execs at football clubs too. You just need to look at Johnny Hayes and his 'I thought we all counted as the same household' line last week. If some of these fuckers weren't lucky enough to be footballers, god knows where they would've ended up.

4 minutes ago, LV said:

Thanks .I had read an article about the Scottish runner Amy Doyle she was worried about notifying WADA of her location as she was getting wheeled in to the delivery suite . Footballers seem to get things easy . 

They really do. It's frightening how lax Scottish football is on anti-doping. Although cocaine is more of a problem than PEDS up here.

37 minutes ago, Swally said:

Why did Lennon say on the radio he wasn't sure if the player fully understood the ramifications but make no mistake that he now does?

You're argument's fucked

But yet again, you don't have the decency to hold your hands up and say you were wrong.

Ignore him man, he’s a fukkin window licker 

1 minute ago, Billythebear77 said:

Ignore him man, he’s a fukkin window licker 

@The Dude seems like a decent bloke sometimes, but I don't think he knows how to take on information from other posters.

Instead of making an effort to properly understand what a poster is saying, he'll pick holes in it - even if it means concentrating on something immaterial 

It can be quite irritating having a conversation with him,  he's probably alright, but odds on being on the autistic spectrum   :lol:

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

@The Dude seems like a decent bloke sometimes, but I don't think he knows how to take on information from other posters.

Instead of making an effort to properly understand what a poster is saying, he'll pick holes in it - even if it means concentrating on something immaterial 

It can be quite irritating having a conversation with him,  he's probably alright, but odds on being on the autistic spectrum   :lol:

I know how to take on information from other posters but when I have more relevant info, that takes precedence. With the greatest respect to posters on here, info coming direct from clubs about how they are managing things, and my own first-hand experience of how clubs are managing things, during all of this carries far more weight than someone's experience with an accountancy firm etc.

I learned to read upside down before I could read the right way up (legit) and can scan read a page and take in the relevant info without having to sit and pore over each word so I'm absolutely on the autistic spectrum, no idea why that would be a bad thing though. I'm sure I could pick quirks from most people that would place them on the spectrum in one way or another.

So, we have had a bunch of thickos at Aberdeen and 1 at septic who thought they could bend the rules and suffer no consequences. What happens next to football when the next thicko does something without thinking that breaks the rules?

Just now, ZZed said:

So, we have had a bunch of thickos at Aberdeen and 1 at septic who thought they could bend the rules and suffer no consequences. What happens next to football when the next thicko does something without thinking that breaks the rules?

There's no more football for a while.

For what its worth i think celtic should face punishment. Solely for bringing the game into disrepute, or nearly getting it cancelled. 

Player was eligible to play though. 

He is also their employee and an example has to be made to ensure all of our safety is protected and clubs have the right processes and messages to tbeir staff

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I know how to take on information from other posters but when I have more relevant info, that takes precedence. With the greatest respect to posters on here, info coming direct from clubs about how they are managing things, and my own first-hand experience of how clubs are managing things, during all of this carries far more weight than someone's experience with an accountancy firm etc.

I learned to read upside down before I could read the right way up (legit) and can scan read a page and take in the relevant info without having to sit and pore over each word so I'm absolutely on the autistic spectrum, no idea why that would be a bad thing though. I'm sure I could pick quirks from most people that would place them on the spectrum in one way or another.

Like I said, I thought you were tbh. I had a feeling a while back last time I was talking to you. I used to work for a charity  for autistic children.

However, your argument is completely flawed.

Sometimes a requirement for clarity on a subject is looking at it from another angle or point of view. Everyone knows this.

When you're engulfed in a subject, it often bogs you down and prevents you from actually seeing reality.

My experience, could easily trump yours, you don't know me. I'm willing to admit this is something you'd never consider and for that you're pretty arrogant.

I've learnt many things from interacting with kids, and young adults who don't have many qualifications or experiences . That takes some self-awareness and restraint of  ego.

Just now, Swally said:

I disagree with forfeiting games because it hits the other club's finances, they should simply play the games at a later date

The docking of points I agree with

At least he has the balls .Even if he is a permanent wind up artist .Can you imagine that catching on in Scotland 🤔maybe not 

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

Like I said, I thought you were tbh. I had a feeling a while back last time I was talking to you. I used to work for a charity  for autistic children.

Sometimes a requirement for clarity on a subject is looking at it from another angle or point of view. Everyone knows this.

When you're engulfed in a subject, it often bogs you down and prevents you from actually seeing reality.

My experience, could easily trump yours, you don't know me. I'm willing to admit this is something you'd never consider and for that you're pretty arrogant.

I've learnt many things from interacting with kids, and young adults who don't have many qualifications or experiences . That takes some self-awareness and restraint of  ego.

And if you've got relevant experience that trumps it, I'm all ears but when it comes to the way clubs are managing the processes during Covid, there's little better information than direct or first-hand experience of how clubs are managing it. Having been one of the few folk who has been lucky enough to get to watch games in person so far this season, I've got to see precisely how clubs are going about things.

If you go back through the thread, you'll see that it has very much been looked at from different points of view by myself - to the point where I've asked celtic for an explanation of when the player was tested etc but all the evidence so far points to their version of events being the accurate one. If there's anything out there that contradicts that, I'd love to see it because there's a pretty big story there.

Not sure where I've not seen 'reality' in this though tbh. The reality is that theres no evidence which suggests celtic were in anyway aware of the players trip or have acted in breach of the regulations.  As much as everyone wants to think everyone in Scottish football is in thrall to them, had celtic as a club breached the regs, you can be sure there would be some club chiefs kicking up fuck behind closed doors and through off the record chats with journos.

I've also done many years of working with kids from all sorts of backgrounds (from some hyper rich little shits to inner-city kids who had literally never seen a squirrel before and some who were affected by Chernobyl). There are many strings to my bow.

Just now, The Dude said:

Gordon Smith has said the exact same thing.

Really .Surprised at that .I guess it will be muted here since it’s not against our club .
We need many more like him and more often .Too often guys like Gordon slip back into apologetic mode 

19 minutes ago, Swally said:

sorry to be a bawbag but I can see at least 3 logical fallacies in there.

Archived