Forfeit game! Points deduction.

4 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Out of interest, when would one expect to hear if further punishments will follow?

For the club? Not sure. Theres no date. Players heard at the end of the month. I've a feeling they'll do the players first and then build the cases against the clubs on that.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. He'll have been tested since. As will the whole squad. Again, because those are the rules in place.

So they will be able to track and trace any outbreak quickly. E,g if Griffiths tests positive they'll know that it was down to Bolli's trip and not the party he went to?

Just now, GersInCanada said:

Let's keep it simple. The player had to isolate as per government regulations and was therefore ineligible. He was allowed to work from home but not mingle with others.

Nothing more to it than that.

Not this shite again. He wasn't ineligible.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Yes. Massively,

If celtic never knew he had left the country (and therefore never knew he should be isolating) can you explain how their internal processes failed?

Suspensions see clubs sent a circular by the SFA each week expressly listing which players are suspended and how many games of their ban they have to serve.

The internal process would be the one where players are supposed to remain in a bubble of team and family and not be contrevening government guidelines or in Bolingolis case the law. For other employers they have less control over employees outside work but for football clubs due to the special dispensation given to allow matches to take place clubs have a responsibility to ensure players adhere to those requirements. I suspect clubs will be keeping a register of the movements of their players,  do they not have to do this for anti doping tests anyway. 

For the club? Not sure. Theres no date. Players heard at the end of the month. I've a feeling they'll do the players first and then build the cases against the clubs on that.

The longer it goes on, the less likely the match will be awarded to Killie.

Just now, Brubear said:

The internal process would be the one where players are supposed to remain in a bubble of team and family and not be contrevening government guidelines or in Bolingolis case the law. For other employers they have less control over employees outside work but for football clubs due to the special dispensation given to allow matches to take place clubs have a responsibility to ensure players adhere to those requirements. I suspect clubs will be keeping a register of the movements of their players,  do they not have to do this for anti doping tests anyway. 

No, there is absolutely nothing which says clubs must have a 24 hour tracker on their players and know their movements at any given moment. Do you think Gerrard knows where every Rangers player is at any time? Morelos phoning in from Colombia to tell the boss he's going out for a jog. FFS.

1 hour ago, WizardWalters said:

Very good points. 

Huge disadvantage to the teams on the other side of cancellations.

striker from the EPL and today they are linked to a defender from Brighton. So those others could be up against  a rested celtic with two former EPL players.  Meanwhile Bolingoli owes £480.

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

The longer it goes on, the less likely the match will be awarded to Killie.

In all honesty I don't think there's much chance of that all unless they can show celtic - rather than just bolingoli - deliberately breached the rules.

Article I read said the player could be suspended 2-8 games. They can’t give him a two game suspension because that’s fewer games than he’d have missed by quarantining. They’ll have to give him the full 8 as a deterrent but would be surprised if the club got anything more than a small fine

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Most of the footballing world couldnt tell you the first thing about it. Half the folk on here who moan about it make basic factual errors, let alone folk thousands of miles away with no real interest in Scottish football.

What the fuck are you rambling on about now?  

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Article I read said the player could be suspended 2-8 games. They can’t give him a two game suspension because that’s fewer games than he’d have missed by quarantining. They’ll have to give him the full 8 as a deterrent but would be surprised if the club got anything more than a small fine

He could be suspended indefinitely if they really wanted to throw the book at him.

In all honesty I don't think there's much chance of that all unless they can show celtic - rather than just bolingoli - deliberately breached the rules.

I dont agree. The beasts as a club need to be held responsible and punished. If this was Rangers I can guarantee you we would have already been punished.

Just now, pollok-bear said:

I dont agree. The beasts as a club need to be held responsible and punished. If this was Rangers I can guarantee you we would have already been punished.

You think celtic should be punished even if it is shown they've done nothing wrong? Whatever happened to sporting integrity :Fod:

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

What is the world coming to when even Boyd writes something sensible. No link - disreputable tabloid - so just a copy and paste.

celtic were happy to be reinstated into the Champions League when Legia Warsaw fielded an ineligible player against them a few years ago.

If it was good enough for them to be awarded the victory, it’s now good enough for Kilmarnock.

Boli Bolingoli shouldn’t have been anywhere near Rugby Park last weekend.

The moment he stepped onto that pitch as a late substitute was the moment celtic were breaking the rules.

The SPFL should punish them accordingly and award my old club the three points.

celtic’s failure to control their player also caused their game against St Mirren to be postponed. So why should the Paisley club suffer?

The SPFL should step in and hand the victory and the three points to Jim Goodwin’s side.

celtic’s postponed game against Aberdeen — who have also stepped out of line in the past week — should see both of them lose the points.

Rearranging these games is a cop-out by the SPFL.

Neil Lennon and the influential people at celtic will tell you different, of course.

But, for me, that’s what celtic should be facing right now. And I’d be saying the same if it was Rangers.

I can hear people now arguing that the rules don’t allow that to happen.

But the SPFL have shown recently they make the rules up as they go along.

Yes, they’ve charged the two clubs and all nine players at the centre of the row.

And I know the two clubs WON’T face a points penalty or see the game shelved.

But, for me, the actions of the players were so wrong that’s exactly what should happen.

celtic v Aberdeen should be cancelled, with BOTH clubs losing the points
It would be tough on the clubs but it would befit the actions of their players.

Fact is, the powers-that-be have the authority to do whatever they like.

So there’s nothing stopping them taking a hardline stance this time. Or there shouldn’t be.

The SPFL have made it crystal clear that they don’t have free dates for postponed fixtures, that they face a major headache rearranging matches. Well, don’t rearrange them.

Award the points to Killie and St Mirren and cancel the celtic against Aberdeen match. Problem solved.

Aberdeen should also be forfeiting the points up for grabs for their other games against St Johnstone and Hamilton Accies.

I don’t think they could have any right to complain.

Sure, Bolingoli went against everything celtic told him to do. So did the Aberdeen Eight.

But clubs have been held accountable for their players before and it should be happening here.

Bolingoli has already had a police fine of £480, but I’ll spend more than that on my takeaway tonight.

There has to be something significant done about this because it’s been an utter shambles for Scottish football.

To a certain extent, I have a degree of sympathy for the Aberdeen lads.

They were wrong to do what they did, but I saw that as an honest mistake.

Bolingoli is just in a different stratosphere.

I mean, flying to Spain for a night, with everything that’s going on, simply beggars belief. He’s not just put his own health at risk and the safety of everyone who came into contact with him afterwards. He has jeopardised the future of Scottish football.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon gives football one final chance
By all accounts, Nicola Sturgeon was ready to close the doors on the game late on Monday night when this newspaper broke the bombshell story and she only had a last- minute change of heart on Tuesday morning.

Had the First Minister decided to close the game down for the foreseeable future, clubs would have gone to the wall. No question. As it is, she has flashed a yellow card instead of a red and everyone has now been given another chance.

The penny has to drop with footballers now. They must realise how precarious Scottish football is right now. We’re also talking about people’s lives.

But then, there will always be some like Bolingoli who couldn’t care less.

I say some, because not all footballers are selfish and only interested in themselves.

There are some huge positives to being a professional footballer.

Boyd tells it as it is, and how it should be handled, but we know as he does, that nothing like that will happen.

Another white wash on the way for sure.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Guy making thousands of pounds a week and he flew ryanair to Malaga. If you go on Thursday you can get a return for £20.

I doubt he'll have struggled to find the cash for that one as he strolls about with a bag costing 100x more than the flight probably did.

Bet the cunt had speedy boarding and extra leg room too, snobby nosed bastard!

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Which fucking post?  You’ve put so many out there in the last couple of days I’m beginning to think you’re unemployed now. 

The one I quoted in the one you then quoted.

If I am, some cunts still putting stories out with my byline on them.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/author/james-black/

The player (Boli) was not allowed to play due to gov't Covid rules. That makes him ineligible to play even if he is listed as an eligible player by the spfl. 

He played and therefore celtic should have to forfeit the game and Kilmarnock handed a 3-0 win. Whether they knew or not is not the point. He played illegally.

I doubt this will happen because our country doesn't play fair but it is that simple.

Or, we could continue going round in circles for another 100 pages.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Which fucking post?  You’ve put so many out there in the last couple of days I’m beginning to think you’re unemployed now. 

Kid on journalist who apparently gets articles printed from time to time in tabloids. He really is not worth engaging with.

I am retired now so can afford the time to post until I get bored with it.

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He needs to go get his hole or something.

I love spending time on this forum but he takes it to a new level.

Archived