Forfeit game! Points deduction.

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Apart from when the club next attempt to use a passport you have claimed was lost so it is cancelled 

Is it though? Is it not only stolen ones that get cancelled. I don't know of this is the same and certainly wouldn't work now but one of my old teachers had two driving licences on the off chance he got banned and had to give the court his license then he would still have a licence to show if he ever got pulled.

Forgetting that   then you would just have to come clean with them.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I can say without any fear of contradiction that they wont.

So they tell the players where they’re going (eg away to Lazio last season) and the players all make their own bookings, presumably claiming back through expenses?

:lol:

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The negative press would be enough to be considered gross misconduct/bringing the company into disrepute.

Have the rules not already been changed so that it's individual players who get punished? Even retrospectively, which has lead to folk claiming our full team should get punished for that friendly game we played in preseason without having the test results back?

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Is it though? Is it not only stolen ones that get cancelled. I don't know of this is the same and certainly wouldn't work now but one of my old teachers had two driving licences on the off chance he got banned and had to give the court his license then he would still have a licence to show if he ever got pulled.

Forgetting that   then you would just have to come clean with them.

Yes 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Because the rules are ridiculous? 

Because application of rules are done by an utterly amateur set of people? 

Because in the eyes of some, it’s just not fair? 

I completely agree. But surely it doesn't take the best part of 30 pages to figure this out?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

You think celtic should be punished even if it is shown they've done nothing wrong? Whatever happened to sporting integrity :Fod:

don't know if you're taking the piss mate but lets think about this -

1. Legia fielded an ineligible player by mistake - their fault as didn't check the registrations

2. lets assume celtic fielded bolingoli by mistake   - their fault as didn't check whereabouts of players returning on their day offs (simple passport check would suffice)

common sense on both accounts - clubs to blame and punish accordingly

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Have the rules not already been changed so that it's individual players who get punished? Even retrospectively, which has lead to folk claiming our full team should get punished for that friendly game we played in preseason without having the test results back?

Players charged under existing rules, clubs have been charged under new ones retrospectively.

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

So they tell the players where they’re going (eg away to Lazio last season) and the players all make their own bookings, presumably claiming back through expenses?

Do the not charter a plane? Meaning all the players need to do is make sure they have their passports. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No.

"All of our playing and backroom staff have been tested twice for COVID-19 since this incident and all, including the player in question, have tested negative. While this comes as a relief to all concerned, it in no way diminishes the seriousness or stupidity of the player's actions."

but you said thursday before the game and then afterwards.

Just now, raging blue 1972 said:

don't know if you're taking the piss mate but lets think about this -

1. Legia fielded an ineligible player by mistake - their fault as didn't check the registrations

2. lets assume celtic fielded bolingoli by mistake   - their fault as didn't check whereabouts of players returning on their day offs (simple passport check would suffice)

common sense on both accounts - clubs to blame and punish accordingly

There was no 'mistake' on Legia's part. Player had a three match ban. They removed him from their UEFA squad list while he 'served' the first two and added him back in before the celtic games as they thought if he missed the first leg of that then he's served all three games of his ban. Except you need to be registered in the competition to serve a ban. Every club is well aware of that. They tried to game the system and got caught. Their chairman even moaned that celtic and the UEFA delegate were laughing at them before the game when they saw the suspended player's name on the teamsheet.

What's a 'simple passport check'? It won't be stamped flying into Spain. celtic have no access to biometric data on passport. So I'm kinda lost what you mean by a 'simple passport check'. Lets say they did ask  they player where he was on his day off and he said Saltcoats. Was there anything to disprove that before the Killie game?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

No, there is absolutely nothing which says clubs must have a 24 hour tracker on their players and know their movements at any given moment. Do you think Gerrard knows where every Rangers player is at any time? Morelos phoning in from Colombia to tell the boss he's going out for a jog. FFS.

You are taking it to the extreme. I would expect to know if Morelos was in Colombia though. 

Just now, Brubear said:

You are taking it to the extreme. I would expect to know if Morelos was in Colombia though. 

If he's given time off, he's under no obligation to tell the club where he is. Infact, I remember when this all started that the manager said most of our players had gone back to their home countries barring one or two. One of the ones he named as staying in the UK (Either Katic or Barisic) popped up a couple of hours later on Instagram in Croatia.

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The clubs charges is due to not following the regulations and testing of current Covid guidelines. 

They are, aye. They'll be charged with it and it's up to the clubs to prove they didnt breach it. Both celtic and Aberdeen are going to fight the club charges. I don't expect there will be any defence offered for any of the players.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was no 'mistake' on Legia's part. Player had a three match ban. They removed him from their UEFA squad list while he 'served' the first two and added him back in before the celtic games as they thought if he missed the first leg of that then he's served all three games of his ban. Except you need to be registered in the competition to serve a ban. Every club is well aware of that. They tried to game the system and got caught. Their chairman even moaned that celtic and the UEFA delegate were laughing at them before the game when they saw the suspended player's name on the teamsheet.

What's a 'simple passport check'? It won't be stamped flying into Spain. celtic have no access to biometric data on passport. So I'm kinda lost what you mean by a 'simple passport check'. Lets say they did ask  they player where he was on his day off and he said Saltcoats. Was there anything to disprove that before the Killie game?

they could easily be check and as a poster said above clubs should have their passports as a safeguard

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

No. The club generally charters a flight. They hold all the details needed to book a flight already even if they didn't. Christ, I could get it in 30 minutes. Name, date of birth. Done.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The club can't force the player to remain in the country. He took a commercial flight out.

If he hasnt told them he's been away, that's entirely on the player.

It's the club failing to control their player then. It was made crystal clear to them at the start of the season, Lennon saying so himself, 'training, home, games, home'. Similarily to how a club can be punished for failing to keep players disciplined on the park, clubs should be punished for failing to control their players off the park as well, under these unique circumstances. 

Archived