Forfeit game! Points deduction.

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Doubt he’ll kick a ball for them again anyway tbh 

True but it’s not the point is it? What sort of example are the spfl showing if they don’t make an example of him, never mind his club!!

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

This is fairly embarrassing ambulance chasing pish....

Guy's a prick, they have had their games postponed, we have a chance to go 8 clear of them before they play again. move on ffs

Move on? Cunts like you are fucking embarassing. That's what's wrong with some of our support.

If this was any of our players we would have been punished with a heavy fine and deducted points and I can guarantee you the taig board, manager, press, and all his other puppets would be vocal on pushing for our punishment.

9 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Guy's a prick, they have had there games postponed, we have a chance to go 8 clear of them before they play again. move on ffs

I disagree as I don't believe for a minute that his club was unaware of the situation but chose to include him anyway.

It is very clear that he had to stay at home for 14 days on his return from Spain. Club and player flouting these regulations has to be punished. I would say the same if it was one of our players. Peoples livelihood and health were put at risk.

Cannot just move on. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Useless fuck fucks .Every gutless one of them 

I hate them, our teams  being run by absolute sewer rats. This team could of deliberately put our players in danger of corona virus because they didn’t want to weaken their team after one of their players broke the rules. They did this knowing the media wouldn’t ask them the telling questions, the authorities would help to protect them and our teams board is so weak that our players welfare is irrelevant. They are weak spineless arseholes that need hounded out of our club if we are serious in winning anything. Winning today might put us top of the league but the off field antics will soon sort that out and our board will watch and do fuckall. We will not be found wanting wankers. 

53 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Fucking off to spain doesn't affect his eligibility.

There are two ways a player can be ineligible to play. He isnt registered or is actively suspended. Neither of those are the case so he isn't ineligible. If folk want him to be punished then going for something that he can actually be punished for is a good start.

He'll likely get a disrepute or not acting in the best interests of football charge but going down the ineligible route is every bit as accurate as when the moonhowlers claimed EBTs made our players ineligible.

See thats the footballing rules which i agree are in place, however the scottish government only allowed football to resume providing the footballing authorities and the players under their banner follow the strict rules regarding players movements, quarantine rules, isolation rules etc

The government rules state anyone coming back from a listed quarantine country must isolate for 2 weeks, no work or nothing, this player didnt do so, in effect breaking the government rules that allow football to be played

Now we both know he won't be classed as ineligible due to what team he plays for, but if the spfl dont want a shit show on their hands they really need to do so and treat it as an ineligibility, 

Sturgeon says one more rule breach effectively and footballs finished again, what if a team near the foot of the table "encourages" a player to piss off to a quarantined country and come back, no isolating and play the next game, football stopped and this team saved from relegation, but hey that team never broke the rule as the footballing bodies dont class it as ineligible 

Every other person in the country cannot return to work due to quarantine rules, why does football assume it is any different, 

All this will highlight is the lack of punishments laid out by the SPFL at the start of the season for players/clubs

They'll now have/will be urgently working on a list of punishments, should have happened beforehand but its arse from elbow as usual.

If 1 of our players had went rogue (apparently) & hadn't told the club then I would be pissed if we got punished for it. The individual needs punished in this case & they should be making an example of him so it deters others from thinking they're above the rules. 

If our club do something silly and we get punished then fair enough we take the punishment but even with the blue tinted specs on, I cant see how they punish the taigs here...unless it gets proven that they knew about his trip but still played him

13 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Guy's a prick, they have had their games postponed, we have a chance to go 8 clear of them before they play again. move on ffs

11 clear actually and its not the point 

The whole dignified silence pish is what put our enemies in charge of the game in the first place, everyone else has been playing dirty for years except us, its time we got in the mud and played their game 

Its embarrassing watching us getting fucked over time and time again because people wish to retain the whole "stiff upper lip chap" and all that we are better than you nonsense 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

That doesnt make him ineligible.

There are two criteria.

1 - The player is registered with the SFA and his club holds a registration certificate (and an international transfer certificate if required)

2. The player isn't carrying a disciplinary suspension imposed by the SFA, UEFA or FIFA.

He's certainly a prohibited player because he should have been in isolation from the moment he returned to Scotland. 

25 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

You won’t be saying that when they get a sniff of a Rangers player having broken the rules and suddenly announce that any future breaches will result in points deductions and record fines

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

See thats the footballing rules which i agree are in place, however the scottish government only allowed football to resume providing the footballing authorities and the players under their banner follow the strict rules regarding players movements, quarantine rules, isolation rules etc

The government rules state anyone coming back from a listed quarantine country must isolate for 2 weeks, no work or nothing, this player didnt do so, in effect breaking the government rules that allow football to be played

Now we both know he won't be classed as ineligible due to what team he plays for, but if the spfl dont want a shit show on their hands they really need to do so and treat it as an ineligibility, 

Sturgeon says one more rule breach effectively and footballs finished again, what if a team near the foot of the table "encourages" a player to piss off to a quarantined country and come back, no isolating and play the next game, football stopped and this team saved from relegation, but hey that team never broke the rule as the footballing bodies dont class it as ineligible 

Every other person in the country cannot return to work due to quarantine rules, why does football assume it is any different, 

A club isn't going to encourage a player to knowingly break the law so they can get a game postponed. That's utterly mental. No player is going to put themselves in that position either. You just need to look at the backlash yesterday to see why.

His ineligiblity is nothing to do with which team he plays for. Folk are literally wanting the rules changed retrospectively to punish celtic. If it was the other way we'd all have the tinfoil hats out and be screaming about a conspiracy.

The player absolutely should be punished but overturning their result from the weekend smacks much less of wanting to punish the player than giving us an advantage.

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

He's certainly a prohibited player because he should have been in isolation from the moment he returned to Scotland. 

But, again, that has absolutely no bearing on his eligibility to play.

If he is registered and isn't suspended, he is eligible. You can argue that all you want but it's the simple fact of it.

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

All this will highlight is the lack of punishments laid out by the SPFL at the start of the season for players/clubs

They'll now have/will be urgently working on a list of punishments, should have happened beforehand but its arse from elbow as usual.

If 1 of our players had went rogue (apparently) & hadn't told the club then I would be pissed if we got punished for it. The individual needs punished in this case & they should be making an example of him so it deters others from thinking they're above the rules. 

If our club do something silly and we get punished then fair enough we take the punishment but even with the blue tinted specs on, I cant see how they punish the taigs here...unless it gets proven that they knew about his trip but still played him

Clubs have always been punished for individual actions under the banner of “failing to control their players”. I don’t see how this is any different, apart from being far more serious?

3 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

We want to win the league the right way, not handed it, pile the pressure on them be 11 clear by the time they play! Let them rearrange there games and play catch up!!! 

They just supposedly won 9iar by being awarded a title they hadn’t won ffs😂 I don’t give a fuck how we win this league, the more unfair they perceive it the better

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

Clubs have always been punished for individual actions under the banner of “failing to control their players”. I don’t see how this is any different, apart from being far more serious?

Let's not forget punishment for actions of fans. Club is held responsible.

21 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Move on? Cunts like you are fucking embarassing. That's what's wrong with some of our support.

If this was any of our players we would have been punished with a heavy fine and deducted points and I can guarantee you the taig board, manager, press, and all his other puppets would be vocal on pushing for our punishment.

I believe we should be demanding equity and parity in our treatment on and off the field. I am fairly well documented on here that we are treated unfairly by authorities and media alike. My views on Dr Death since 2008 are clear. 

but calling for points deductions because of an incident like this is embarrassing. That’s my view and if you want to start calling me a cunt because of it fair play. 

If they fielded an ineligible player then that would be different. Rules are rules. 

I found them getting through European competition because of the opposition Fielding ineligible players absolutely embarrassing for them. It’s the rules but it’s a red neck. Our fans calling for points deductions over this is ambulance chasing and just because they do it doesn’t mean we should. 

26 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I disagree as I don't believe for a minute that his club was unaware of the situation but chose to include him anyway.

It is very clear that he had to stay at home for 14 days on his return from Spain. Club and player flouting these regulations has to be punished. I would say the same if it was one of our players. Peoples livelihood and health were put at risk.

Cannot just move on. 

Appreciate your civility. I understand you disagree. 

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

11 clear actually and its not the point 

The whole dignified silence pish is what put our enemies in charge of the game in the first place, everyone else has been playing dirty for years except us, its time we got in the mud and played their game 

Its embarrassing watching us getting fucked over time and time again because people wish to retain the whole "stiff upper lip chap" and all that we are better than you nonsense 

I agree dignified silence is pish. Just don’t think the opposite of dignified silence is calling for points deductions over this issue. 

I also believe we should fight fire with fire but don’t think this is the issue to pick. 

12 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

You won’t be saying that when they get a sniff of a Rangers player having broken the rules and suddenly announce that any future breaches will result in points deductions and record fines

I won’t be happy if, as it stands, one of our players does the same and we are punished differently. Of course I won’t. 

1 minute ago, Bakbear said:

I believe we should be demanding equity and parity in our treatment on and off the field. I am fairly well documented on here that we are treated unfairly by authorities and media alike. My views on Dr Death since 2008 are clear. 

but calling for points deductions because of an incident like this is embarrassing. That’s my view and if you want to start calling me a cunt because of it fair play. 

If they fielded an ineligible player then that would be different. Rules are rules. 

I found them getting through European competition because of the opposition Fielding ineligible players absolutely embarrassing for them. It’s the rules but it’s a red neck. Our fans calling for points deductions over this is ambulance chasing and just because they do it doesn’t mean we should. 

As it stands, of the 12 clubs in the Premiership, 10 have had no incidents of players breaching Covid rules. 2 clubs have had multiple breaches. That suggests to me a total failure of management at those 2 clubs, which has already impacted negatively on other innocent clubs.

I’m at a loss as to why anyone thinks the 2 offending clubs shouldn’t be punished. 

10 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

With fines aye, not all this talk about deducting points or anything like that. 

Not saying they get away with it, heavy fine for the club & ban the player for 10 matches for a serious breach of the rules

But claiming he was ineligible or shit like that is stuff we dont need to get involved in. Give our players a proper talking to, ensure they're not the next ones pictured in a pub or anything, keep our head down & win the next few matches 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

That's not what happened though and is nowhere near the reality of that situation.

We weren't 'demoted' any division as a result of EBT punishment. We went into admin, newco'd and the SPL refused to transfer the membership from oldco to newco. We applied to join SFL and they voted on putting us into D1 before clubs voted on us going into D3.

I thought the membership was eventually transferred ?

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

As it stands, of the 12 clubs in the Premiership, 10 have had no incidents of players breaching Covid rules. 2 clubs have had multiple breaches. That suggests to me a total failure of management at those 2 clubs, which has already impacted negatively on other innocent clubs.

I’m at a loss as to why anyone thinks the 2 offending clubs shouldn’t be punished. 

We've also breached them

Archived