Forfeit game! Points deduction.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

To answer your question, I agree  they should have had 24.

They obviously made a mistake believing he was eligible for the second leg.

If they had deliberately flouted the rules they would have to had believed he was crucial to the chances of them getting a result ( he clearly wasn’t ) and if not starting him bringing him on if the tie was in the balance.

The fact they brought him on at 6-1 with 2 minutes remaining is all the evidence anyone needs to realise they had made an honest mistake over his eligibility to play.

So if you agree they should have had 24, do you agree that by taking him out of the squad and replacing him with someone else in a bid to circumvent losing a player to suspension they have deliberately flouted the rules?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So if you agree they should have had 24, do you agree that by taking him out of the squad and replacing him with someone else in a bid to circumvent losing a player to suspension they have deliberately flouted the rules?

No, on the evidence of them not bringing him on to the field with tie won they clearly had made a stupid and costly administrative error.

Can you think of any reason why they would bring him on at that stage knowing it could make any punishment if caught more severe?

Just one good reason Dude.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The only way the SPFL would award Kilmarnock a 3-0 win v the bheast is if the real game ad finished 3-0 or more to Kilmarnock.

Just like the ban on Ryan Christie when he was already out injured.

If you get me 😂

If Eduardo had gotten injured a few minutes after putting a hand on the defenders face, I guarantee he would have been suspended. 

A hand to the face is considered violent conduct. Violent conduct is a red card.

Anyone who thinks it wasn't contact to his face needs glasses. I will admit the defender embellished the incident.

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

No, on the evidence of them not bringing him on to the field with tie won they clearly had made a stupid and costly administrative error.

Can you think of any reason why they would bring him on at that stage knowing it could make any punishment if caught more severe?

Just one good reason Dude.

Because they thought they'd pulled a fast one and got around his suspension.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

See this is the part i dont understand, why is the club being punished twice for a player being suspended, do any national FA's have this rule that a player must be squad registered for a game for it to serve a suspension

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Because they thought they'd pulled a fast one and got around his suspension.

So the coach with his team, 6-1 up and 2 minutes remaining turns to his assistant and says we’ve got away with, be a shame not to put him on  now.

Your argument is bonkers.

Would you have been at ease if celtic got all 3 points if the player in question had came on and scored the winner?

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

See this is the part i dont understand, why is the club being punished twice for a player being suspended, do any national FA's have this rule that a player must be squad registered for a game for it to serve a suspension

Every league that has defined squad lists do, yeah. Scotland doesn't have them. The PL does, La Liga as well.

9 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

So the coach with his team, 6-1 up and 2 minutes remaining turns to his assistant and says we’ve got away with, be a shame not to put him on  now.

Your argument is bonkers.

Would you have been at ease if celtic got all 3 points if the player in question had came on and scored the winner?

It's not my argument, its the findings of the Court of Arbitration for Sport after Legia appealed UEFA's decision. :lol:

https://jurisprudence.tas-cas.org/Shared Documents/3703-O.pdf

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not my argument, its the findings of the Court of Arbitration for Sport after Legia appealed UEFA's decision. :lol:

https://jurisprudence.tas-cas.org/Shared Documents/3703.pdf

Not like you to dodge a question.

Happy enough to give your opinion on why a team would flout the rule right enough.

Ps I’ve never heard a manager say it’s an uphill task because we only have 24 players  rather than 25 to select from.

Just now, Real Ranger said:

Not like you to dodge a question.

Happy enough to give your opinion on why a team would flout the rule right enough.

Ps I’ve never heard a manager say it’s an uphill task because we only have 24 players  rather than 25 to select from.

I couldn't have cared if Bolingoli had scored the winner. It's two games into the season and he was eligible to play. He didn't score though so it is utterly irrelevant.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I couldn't have cared if Bolingoli had scored the winner. It's two games into the season and he was eligible to play. He didn't score though so it is utterly irrelevant.

Couldn’t have cared if they had scored a winner? 

I reckon that’s where you differ from every other member on here.

Get that to fuck.

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Done with this thread.

Fuck celtic

Hope no one is offended by that 😳

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Couldn’t have cared if they had scored a winner? 

I reckon that’s where you differ from every other member on here.

Get that to fuck.

Four minutes. Impressive.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

With his actions being deemed so serious if it happens again Scottish football will be halted I’m sure our league body could find a suitable punishment, after all they’re  no strangers to making the rules up as they go along

Just now, Real Ranger said:

With his actions and those of the eight Aberdeen players being deemed so serious if it happens again Scottish football will be halted I’m sure our league body could find a suitable punishment, after all they’re  no strangers to making the rules up as they go along

Fixed that for you.

Making rules up as they go along is literally whats happened for them to cite the two clubs.

Just now, badjon said:

This is nothing to do with this thread but did you have your Ibrox pass taken off you?

Not quite. I didn't have one for the first-team but was in the process before that was yanked but it also means it kills off the Colts stuff I've been doing for the last four years when the club couldn't be fucked because "nobody is interested in it."

Archived