Forfeit game! Points deduction.

Just now, raging blue 1972 said:

doesnt matter would the season be over and we be champions because I tell you say 30 games into the season and this shit is still with us - I could see them doing it if in the lead

Season would be over. Would depend on a vote of clubs whether trophies were awarded etc.

Aye, clubs are going to deliberately encourage their players to break the law hoping that the government ends the season, likely putting clubs out of business, and then hope clubs vote again to award titles etc.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolingoli was ineligible.  2 European precedents where celtic themselves complaint on minor technical infringements.  Precedent when registered players play if ineligible eg suspended.  

No sure about points deduction, but the thing that irks me is this "Scottish football on a yellow card" pish. We done fuck all wrong. A tarrier commits a foul and we're all booked.

Should automatically forfeit games and opposing team gets awarded 3-0 wins, other clubs shouldn’t be at a disadvantage because others can’t control their players 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Season would be over. Would depend on a vote of clubs whether trophies were awarded etc.

Aye, clubs are going to deliberately encourage their players to break the law hoping that the government ends the season, likely putting clubs out of business, and then hope clubs vote again to award titles etc.

but they didn't know - hey if it works previously

right I'm out need a beer after this - enjoy your day lads (and gals)

Swally likes this
1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

But Legia Warsaw and Sion didn't believe their respective player/s were ineligible or else there's no way on earth that'd have played them mate.

This is the problem for me, you can put up a defence for them but it falls apart under the guise of clubs responsibility for their players - ignorance was no excuse in the eyes of the law for Legia Warsaw. 

The very last line, in bold, how can you punish Legia Warsaw and turn a 6-1 or 6-2 aggregate win into a 3-0 defeat when they didn't know their player was ineligible mate?

They DID know the player was ineligible. He was named on the circular sent to clubs listing player suspensions in the week before the game. Legia put him on the bench regardless insisting he'd served his ban. Before the first leg against celtic he also featured on the circular and had three games of a three game ban to serve.

2 minutes ago, raging blue 1972 said:

but they didn't know - hey if it works previously

right I'm out need a beer after this - enjoy your day lads (and gals)

So clubs are going to send players away and not know about it?

Enjoy your beer.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Players must be registered in the UEFA player list to play in UEFA competitions (or be eligible for games to serve a suspension). Legia removed him fro their 25 man pool and added someone in his place so they still had a full complement of players available to them, effectively nullifying the point of the suspension.

If you have a 25 man squad and one player is suspended then you have 24 available? Is that fair to say?

Legia had a 25 man pool, had one layer suspended and had 25 players available.

UEFA and CAS both found that they deliberately flouted the rules. That was specifically the reason why the result was overturned.

To answer your question, I agree  they should have had 24.

They obviously made a mistake believing he was eligible for the second leg.

If they had deliberately flouted the rules they would have to had believed he was crucial to the chances of them getting a result ( he clearly wasn’t ) and if not starting him bringing him on if the tie was in the balance.

The fact they brought him on at 6-1 with 2 minutes remaining is all the evidence anyone needs to realise they had made an honest mistake over his eligibility to play.

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

To answer your question, I agree  they should have had 24.

They obviously made a mistake believing he was eligible for the second leg.

If they had deliberately flouted the rules they would have to had believed he was crucial to the chances of them getting a result ( he clearly wasn’t ) and if not starting him bringing him on if the tie was in the balance.

The fact they brought him on at 6-1 with 2 minutes remaining is all the evidence anyone needs to realise they had made an honest mistake over his eligibility to play.

So if you agree they should have had 24, do you agree that by taking him out of the squad and replacing him with someone else in a bid to circumvent losing a player to suspension they have deliberately flouted the rules?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So if you agree they should have had 24, do you agree that by taking him out of the squad and replacing him with someone else in a bid to circumvent losing a player to suspension they have deliberately flouted the rules?

No, on the evidence of them not bringing him on to the field with tie won they clearly had made a stupid and costly administrative error.

Can you think of any reason why they would bring him on at that stage knowing it could make any punishment if caught more severe?

Just one good reason Dude.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The only way the SPFL would award Kilmarnock a 3-0 win v the bheast is if the real game ad finished 3-0 or more to Kilmarnock.

Just like the ban on Ryan Christie when he was already out injured.

If you get me 😂

If Eduardo had gotten injured a few minutes after putting a hand on the defenders face, I guarantee he would have been suspended. 

A hand to the face is considered violent conduct. Violent conduct is a red card.

Anyone who thinks it wasn't contact to his face needs glasses. I will admit the defender embellished the incident.

Swally and Dave Hedgehog like this
3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

No, on the evidence of them not bringing him on to the field with tie won they clearly had made a stupid and costly administrative error.

Can you think of any reason why they would bring him on at that stage knowing it could make any punishment if caught more severe?

Just one good reason Dude.

Because they thought they'd pulled a fast one and got around his suspension.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

See this is the part i dont understand, why is the club being punished twice for a player being suspended, do any national FA's have this rule that a player must be squad registered for a game for it to serve a suspension

Because they thought they'd pulled a fast one and got around his suspension.

So the coach with his team, 6-1 up and 2 minutes remaining turns to his assistant and says we’ve got away with, be a shame not to put him on  now.

Your argument is bonkers.

Would you have been at ease if celtic got all 3 points if the player in question had came on and scored the winner?

Dave Hedgehog likes this
7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

See this is the part i dont understand, why is the club being punished twice for a player being suspended, do any national FA's have this rule that a player must be squad registered for a game for it to serve a suspension

Every league that has defined squad lists do, yeah. Scotland doesn't have them. The PL does, La Liga as well.

9 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

So the coach with his team, 6-1 up and 2 minutes remaining turns to his assistant and says we’ve got away with, be a shame not to put him on  now.

Your argument is bonkers.

Would you have been at ease if celtic got all 3 points if the player in question had came on and scored the winner?

It's not my argument, its the findings of the Court of Arbitration for Sport after Legia appealed UEFA's decision. :lol:

https://jurisprudence.tas-cas.org/Shared Documents/3703-O.pdf

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not my argument, its the findings of the Court of Arbitration for Sport after Legia appealed UEFA's decision. :lol:

https://jurisprudence.tas-cas.org/Shared Documents/3703.pdf

Not like you to dodge a question.

Happy enough to give your opinion on why a team would flout the rule right enough.

Ps I’ve never heard a manager say it’s an uphill task because we only have 24 players  rather than 25 to select from.

Just now, Real Ranger said:

Not like you to dodge a question.

Happy enough to give your opinion on why a team would flout the rule right enough.

Ps I’ve never heard a manager say it’s an uphill task because we only have 24 players  rather than 25 to select from.

I couldn't have cared if Bolingoli had scored the winner. It's two games into the season and he was eligible to play. He didn't score though so it is utterly irrelevant.

I couldn't have cared if Bolingoli had scored the winner. It's two games into the season and he was eligible to play. He didn't score though so it is utterly irrelevant.

Couldn’t have cared if they had scored a winner? 

I reckon that’s where you differ from every other member on here.

Get that to fuck.

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Done with this thread.

Fuck celtic

Hope no one is offended by that 😳

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Couldn’t have cared if they had scored a winner? 

I reckon that’s where you differ from every other member on here.

Get that to fuck.

Four minutes. Impressive.

Iakona and ForeverAndEver like this