Forfeit game! Points deduction.

Another thread of boak inducing material from the resident pape defender (who needs enemies) the fact of the matter is this....SFA/SPFL rules or not....under government guidance and protocols he was INELIGIBLE to play that game the same as any player who has tested positive is INELIGIBLE....something needs to be done to these clubs  now.....what's to stop the vermin 8 weeks down the road (say they are 9 pts behind us ) committing a covid breach forcing a government shutdown?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Another thread of boak inducing material from the resident pape defender (who needs enemies) the fact of the matter is this....SFA/SPFL rules or not....under government guidance and protocols he was INELIGIBLE to play that game the same as any player who has tested positive is INELIGIBLE....something needs to be done to these clubs  now.....what's to stop the vermin 8 weeks down the road (say they are 9 pts behind us ) committing a covid breach forcing a government shutdown?

He wasn't. The government protocols have no bearing on a players eligibility. 

32 minutes ago, Inigo said:

:lol: You just knew this would be one of those threads where folk got carried away by wishful thinking, the Dude tells them what they don't want to hear and the 'you're no Rangers fan' abuse ensues.

That's it in a nutshell. 

Personally, i'd rather have the reality of the situation, than 'wishful thinking'.

It's the like the 'Rangers join the English leagues' thread yesterday, where i said not this nonsense again, it won't happen, end of!

Just now, The Dude said:

Surely government protocol for quarantine make us all ineligible for attending our workplace?

The player should have been in quarantine. He has risked passing possible virus onto his own colleagues and his opponents. If he has followed government protocol he would be ineligible for selection for the period of quarantine.

4 minutes ago, WizardWalters said:

Surely government protocol for quarantine make us all ineligible for attending our workplace?

The player should have been in quarantine. He has risked passing possible virus onto his own colleagues and his opponents. If he has followed government protocol he would be ineligible for selection for the period of quarantine.

'Inelegible' relates only to specific football rules. Saying he shouldn't have been playing isn't the same as being ineligible in terms of the footballing rules as it's defined very specifically.

2 minutes ago, WizardWalters said:

No. You're just applying words to contexts they don't apply to. If I'm a gas engineer my corgi registration doesn't become invalid because I should be self isolating. 

Just now, The Dude said:

No. You're just applying words to contexts they don't apply to. If I'm a gas engineer my corgi registration doesn't become invalid because I should be self isolating. 

Well it would cause you should be gas safe not corgi :mutley:

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Of course it does....we are playing under 2 set of rules this season, rules set out by the football governing bodies and the rules set out by the government.....if infact what you are saying is correct then why the fuck is this an ISSUE?

You know the answer that is why the player was INELIGIBLE to play....the problem is the governments way of dealing with anymore breaches in protocol will be to suspend football all together.....if the league stepped in just now and forefeited the games for the clubs in breach,  it sends out a message to the government that we can deal with breaches by hurting teams where it hurts.

3 minutes ago, WizardWalters said:

Gov't protocol would say that everyone he came in contact with after returning from Spain should be in quarantine for 14 days. So the moment he showed up to training means their entire squad should be quarantined as well as the entire Kilmarnock team since he played. Those are the Gov't quarantine rules.

I'm also sick and tired of all these internal investigations. Are there no good journalists left to do the dirty work and get to the bottom of the truth?

Just now, hammer93 said:

Of course it does....we are playing under 2 set of rules this season, rules set out by the football governing bodies and the rules set out by the government.....if infact what you are saying is correct then why the fuck is this an ISSUE?

You know the answer that is why the player was INELIGIBLE to play....the problem is the governments way of dealing with anymore breaches in protocol will be to suspend football all together.....if the league stepped in just now and forefeited the games for the clubs in breach,  it sends out a message to the government that we can deal with breaches by hurting teams where it hurts.

It doesnt. A players eligibility is specifically defined. Just because you want it to be so, doesnt make it so.

The issue is that the player returned to the country and should have been self-isolating. That's totally different to his eligibility to play in games.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And his footballing registration wasnt invalid, however he was in a situation where he shouldnt have been at his work due to government rules, which id guess overrule any footballing rules

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

'Inelegible' relates only to specific football rules. Saying he shouldn't have been playing isn't the same as being ineligible in terms of the footballing rules as it's defined very specifically.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

At worst the player was unavailable for selection and should not have been near that match.

If the club were aware of his predicament, they have played a player who should not have been able to play.

So I would say that inadvertently they have broken ineligibility criteria.

Also, if you are a corgi registered gas engineer your registration doesn't become invalid, but it does stop you being in work.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

And his footballing registration wasnt invalid, however he was in a situation where he shouldnt have been at his work due to government rules, which id guess overrule any footballing rules

It wouldn't overrule his registration and eligibility though. There's no question he shouldn't have been playing but the suggestion he was ineligible is incredibly wide of the mark.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It wouldn't overrule his registration and eligibility though. There's no question he shouldn't have been playing but the suggestion he was ineligible is incredibly wide of the mark.

Normal circumstances if agree, however with football now relying on the blessing of the government to continue, if the government say someone shouldnt be playing then the footballing authorities should be classing them as ineligible 

Imo of course

3 minutes ago, WizardWalters said:

At worst the player was unavailable for selection and should not have been near that match.

If the club were aware of his predicament, they have played a player who should not have been able to play.

So I would say that inadvertently they have broken ineligibility criteria.

Also, if you are a corgi registered gas engineer your registration doesn't become invalid, but it does stop you being in work.

The bit in bold is really important. If celtic DID know he was out the country then there is a far bigger issue.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Whether your opinion is they should count as suspended or not doesn't matter. They aren't enforcing rules based on what you think they should do. At the time the player came on, he was registered to play and wasn't suspended. That makes him eligible to play.

The SFA publish a list of players who are banned each week, can you show me where he appears on it?

If Gerrard gives the players a few days off, Morelos goes to spain and doesn't tell anyone, how do Rangers know he went to Spain?

If he’s in Spain. He’s banned.  

Mid he doesn’t tell club then they can discipline him.  

Few clubs knowingly break registration or suspension issues.  They are usually genuine mistakes.  The celtic Levi’s one was for a sub when celtic were 6-1 down ffs. 

This is so serious that Scottish football could be suspended.  All our season ticket money wasted and smaller clubs go bankrupt.  

But no that’s not enough for a points deduction.  

We got suspended from Europe in 72 cos our fans invaded the pitch.  There was no rule that said that would happen.   

Your a pedantic apologist for failing to understand that 1 point deduction is a reasonable penalty

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Normal circumstances if agree, however with football now relying on the blessing of the government to continue, if the government say someone shouldnt be playing then the footballing authorities should be classing them as ineligible 

Imo of course

Which I broadly agree with but at the time of the game, nobody seemingly knew he'd been out the country, so he wouldn't have been classed as ineligible anyway as he'd kept quiet that he'd been away.

If celtic knew he'd been away prior to the Killie game then it's a whole different problem for them.

Archived