Top of the Table 20/ 21...

Robmc1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always like to look at the league in blocks of 3 games of 10 then 1 of 8 games. I always think they we can pick up 8 wins from those 10 games we're in a very good position and that was the case before the winter break last season.

However, I'd like to think the team are taking this one game at a time. Tonight must have been the first time under Gerrard we have won while being ahead of celtic going into a game?

The 11 point gap in theory doesn't mean much in August really and it means less when celtic have 2 games in hand. That being said there will be huge huge pressure on them to win them and the thing is nobody really knows when they will be played. We had it last year with that one game with St Johnstone.

Constantly chasing isn't a good position to be, we've had to do it for 3 years, and they have never had to do it.

February 1 point from killie and st johnstone,..just cant afford them performances this season or it will cost us. Weve gettin off to a solid start but Iivi is crucial!

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

5 in a row three times. Not exactly title material. Although we did go unbeaten for 16 games between Sep-Jan. 

Last season is still too close in the memory for me tbh!

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

We need to rein it in FS!

Whats our longest winning run under Gerrard in the league?

5/6 games in 2018/19 season when the league was already over?

This! We haven’t had a decent run since returning, we will not win the league without consistency. 3 wins out of  is nothing more than a good start, but we need to keep winning. 

42 minutes ago, B1872 said:

We need to rein it in FS!

Whats our longest winning run under Gerrard in the league?

5/6 games in 2018/19 season when the league was already over?

We can't seem to put together these runs of 7 or 8 but after we beat celtic at parkhead we had won 16 out of 19 league games.

Only three Rangers teams since 1955 (when the top flight started playing 34+ games) had won that many games by that point (67/68, 99/00 & 02/03). 

This team proved last year they can go on really good runs but we didnt have the quality to keep that up. Now I hope we have that quality to keep it up over 38 games rather than 19, that'll be the real test.

Still far to slow and pedestrian and frankly boring at times , the tempo will need to be raised considerably to keep taking maximum points especially wee shitey away grounds  , the amount of possession we have we still create very little , two horrible games coming up Livi Astro and killie at home , we’ll need to move the ball quicker to take 6 points 

A game at a time. Focus on getting 3 points each time. We do that and we don't need to worry about anything else.

Still...if we do get a few more points before they play it will be interesting to see how they deal with that and lack of match sharpness. They are the ones under pressure and playing catch up. 

We looked good last season then bottled it. I'll start getting excited if we're playing well next year towards the end of the season.

13 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

A big moment for us tonight, moving in to the pole position of SPFL season 20/ 21, (hopefully our 55th title winning season).
We now have the tangible  opportunity to remain here for the duration of the season creating a significant gap between ourselves and celtic before they take to the field again. 
Obviously (as I’m sure will be pointed out) early days but I’m very positive about how this squad are shaping up and hopefully the focus will be one game at a time.
They (celtic) will be under a pressure none of their squad (or manager) have faced for a very long time and hopefully we can capitalise on any opportunity we have... 

Go Rangers....

I appreciate and understand the optimism of the post but we have had too many false dawns. Let's take it one game at a time and dont look too far ahead.

As folk have said, we need to calm down.

I guarantee if we lose on Sunday there will be people on here posting the league is done and the filth won’t be caught etc etc.

We WILL drop points and the filth WILL strengthen hugely.

However, one game at a time and try and keep our noses in front.

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'll get a bit carried away and excited if we can get to the scum away game undefeated. Preferably 10 wins from 10 but 9 wins and a draw wouldn't be a bad start at all.

Dare to dream mate 

15 hours ago, GOAT said:

Apparently the SPFL are struggling for dates for the two tarrier games and won’t have dates until maybe next year now.  So put it this way, if they do overtake us before then we won’t win the league. 

If they get to last years Scottish Cup final we’ll have played 4 games more than them come New Year (assuming all scheduled games go ahead). 

They will also have to find time to play those 4 games after the New Year 

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

If they get to last years Scottish Cup final we’ll have played 4 games more than them come New Year (assuming all scheduled games go ahead). 

They will also have to find time to play those 4 games after the New Year 

Last years final 😂😂😂.

Thats superb 

Archived