Official Livingston vs Rangers Match Thread

55 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Either something happen off camera or boyd is down right lying about the buff going off I didn’t see petulance and the camera was on him a long time 

The sub never took the armband from him, that was it from what I seen and the Buff didn’t really know what to do with the armband 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kvlt said:

Pish. They parked the bus and we couldn't get through. They set up not to lose rather than do anything attacking wise.

We need reinforcements in the middle of the park desperately.

We can't keep adding bodies in there. We are extremely top heavy in numbers and even in big money signings as well, even if we both agree not quality. They need to do better. Or this is going to be one huge costly failure for the club. The manager is only talking about maybe needing 1 more player as well and i 'd hazard a guess it's not another attacking midfield type player. He also loves Jack who i don't think he will ever replace whilst he is manager. 

59 minutes ago, Zoso1872 said:

Livingston is just an example, you could insert St Jonhstone away, motherwell away. The difference is they will adapt their formation when they struggle, Gerrard/Beale will stick with 433 because that's all they know. Its great against teams that want to try to play football but there's not many of them in Scotland.

Unless we change something, this season will be a repeat of last unfortunately. I believe if it wasn't for Borna's free kick we would have dropped points at St johnstone, today the keeper saved it and we didn't have any other answers

It was almost a carbon copy of that game mate . Add another 30 of these types of game to the growing list under SG

Just now, Swagger said:

How many of these players are genuinely bothered about dropping points today ? Not many I reckon. 
Just going through the motions season in season out. Fucking arseholes 

Guys that looked to be hurting/frustrated  were Kent and ..................................................................... Not sure if there were any others

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It was almost a carbon copy of that game mate . Add another 30 of these types of game to the growing list under SG

It is a weird thing - in some ways we’d benefit from being less in control. If they had pressed forward more we might have far more of a chance to send Kent or Alfie through.

Whatever way you look at it we need to change something in these kinds of matches. We really missed Joe Aribo and his dancing feet though - he’ll get a few penalties this year I think.

12 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

We can't keep adding bodies in there. We are extremely top heavy in numbers and even in big money signings as well, even if we both agree not quality. They need to do better. Or this is going to be one huge costly failure for the club. The manager is only talking about maybe needing 1 more player as well and i 'd hazard a guess it's not another attacking midfield type player. He also loves Jack who i don't think he will ever replace whilst he is manager. 

I recall us parking the bus in the camp nou against Messi , Henry , Gudjohnson , Ronaldinho , Iniesta  and Xavi we drew 0-0 and those players managed two shots at goal and Messi cried foul after the game , disnae matter how good you are , if those behind the ball are  doing their job right , it's difficult.

17 minutes ago, Swagger said:

What makes this worse is Livingston offered nothing. They were no threat yet we’ve dropped points. 

Livingstones only aim in this game was to make us drop 2 points , they couldnt give 2 fucks about winning or even having a chance to win. The rest of them have exactly the same tactics , and we dont have a manager thats clever enough to deal with it........

2 minutes ago, rimbaud said:

I recall us parking the bus in the camp nou against Messi , Henry , Gudjohnson , Ronaldinho , Iniesta  and Xavi we drew 0-0 and those players managed two shots at goal and Messi cried foul after the game , disnae matter how good you are , if those behind the ball are  doing their job right , it's difficult.

Ibrox we drew with them at Ibrox 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Livingstones only aim in this game was to make us drop 2 points , they couldnt give 2 fucks about winning or even having a chance to win. The rest of them have exactly the same tactics , and we dont have a manager thats clever enough to deal with it........

I think I might have died had that punt from the halfway line gone in. Very Warburtonesque. 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

I don’t blame teams for playing like that against us. They know it’s a way to pick up point in a game they would otherwise expect to get none. The problem is we still in our third season under Gerrard can’t work out how to play against it. We’ll come up against that style countless times again before the season ends. Said it earlier in the thread but the reason teams won’t play like that against the scum is allowing wave after wave of attacks will see them get destroyed, and ultimately that will be the difference the same as the last two seasons.

Honestly man the amount of idiots who can’t see by the first 3 games is mental. Cunts on here were absolutely over the moon with them dropping points as if the last few years has went down to the wire😂. Was never going to be the case and the way we’ve started was always going to drop points

Archived