Official Livingston vs Rangers Match Thread

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Hes gone after this year EJ whether we win or not. Its the rest of us that are going to be left with the misery hes left behind. Hes also fuckin deluded if he thinks hes ever going to manage Liverpool.

Lets be honest . We are top of the league at this moment . Have we really played well in the last 4 games ? Nothing inspiring

No way is this team winning the title , Even if there was fair refs . Still too many passengers on so many days like today .

We all knew there was a chance of that happening . And true to form . He never disappointed with his set of the team . Kamara and Jack still astounds me against a team with ever man behind the ball

sassaaaa and pollok-bear like this
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We keep winning, he keeps the threads. Any cunt posting before him and we lose will die a slow painful death imo.

Tell you what livi see that 2 million any chance you could use it to rip that monstrosity of a so called pitch up and lay some grass please. Just a thought 

Am no waiting till 4.30pm for a shitey 1-0 game, 4/5 nil please 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

We must be the only team in the world that needs 2 cms to sacrifice themselves so the full backs can go forward. 

It works in Europe and against the taigs, that’s about it. 

It’s even WORSE  when the opposition offer absolutely no threat whatsoever going forward and how our management didn’t change that is beyond belief. 

The ultimate piss take bringing Barker on and added into that Morelos came off when we were chasing a goal. Ideally you’d want all 3 strikers on the pitch when we are desperately chasing a goal.

Totally mind blowing baffling

ChampionsAgain likes this
34 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

"We dominated possession"

"We limited Livingstons chances"

"We tried to break down their sturdy defence"

Fucking comical.

We have a manager that's not fit to win the league, we have a captain who is not fit to be captain, we have a team of shitebags.

Dominate possession because they fucking let us, because we offer such little threat to fucking Livingston they’re happy to sit back knowing we don’t know what to do with it. Same with limiting their chances, they’re happy with a draw we know that from their celebrations at the end and they know the best way to do that is just sit back and watch us pass it side to side. Tried to break down their defence, it’s the third fucking season we’ve been trying to break down defences! Honestly if Gerrard sees any positives in those points then things are even worse than I thought.

34 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

We must be the only team in the world that needs 2 cms to sacrifice themselves so the full backs can go forward. 

It works in Europe and against the taigs, that’s about it. 

It’s even WORSE  when the opposition offer absolutely no threat whatsoever going forward and how our management didn’t change that is beyond belief. 

The ultimate piss take bringing Barker on and added into that Morelos came off when we were chasing a goal. Ideally you’d want all 3 strikers on the pitch when we are desperately chasing a goal.

3 today including Arfield. Mind boggling.

Its actually optimal not to have 90% possession. A lot easier to score from counterattacks if the opposition think they have a sniff and throw men forward. Eg Aberdeen.

Morelos and Itten/Roofe should have started. It’s far too easy for them to stick two centre backs on one striker.

worrying that Gerrard just doesn’t seem to learn

eejay the dj likes this
3 hours ago, bornabear said:

Nothing like RM after another shite performance.

95% agree as to who and what is to blame, but, mention one of the 5% favourites and all hell let's loose. If your favoured player plays shite, say so.

My analysis, for what it's worth, is that 

SG is too stubborn to change team selection, formation and tactics.

He is too loyal to too many players. Eg, Kent, Arfield, Hagi (been half the player these last 3 games and needs dropping) AND his choice of Captain.

What the fuck does he see in Barker, this boy is never a footballer, can't dribble, can't tackle can't pass, can't shoot.

Our 2nd string of players (subs) are mostly poor or seen better days

He's spent millions on shite, all of who, should be gone by now. Millions which could have been better spent.

Young Patterson looks a prospect, but could be ruined by SG tactics etc. I would play him in most of our League games.

Today's tactics and formation, pish.

One DM was enough today, so why play two.

Livi were not going to attack so our defence should have held a high line on the centre line with  Tav and Borna much further up.

We left our shooting boots at home today, shoot low and hard and anything can happen, Alfie did it against St midden and we got an og.

Last para is key. We dont make our own lu ck

Swally likes this
1 hour ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Last para is key. We dont make our own lu ck

The more hard work you put in, the less luck you need to achieve what you want.

Hard Work -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Luck

↑

I'd say our players have to get to around where the arrow is to win the league.

It's a pity they didn't seem to show any urgency until 80min today

Worrying times

Btw, I’ve been Goldson’s biggest critic. 

This season he’s been tremendous, strolling it at the back, passing has been outrageously good at times. 

By far the leader of the team, constantly shouting at folk, organising the full back line, telling Jack and Kamara where they should be etc.   

5 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Btw, I’ve been Goldson’s biggest critic. 

This season he’s been tremendous, strolling it at the back, passing has been outrageously good at times. 

By far the leader of the team, constantly shouting at folk, organising the full back line, telling Jack and Kamara where they should be etc.   

Oh really? This is the same guy who starts pass the parcel across the back line and takes us an hour to get up the park.

Then there is his long balls to no one when their is no cunt left in the back line to pass to as the oppo eventually close us down before they fall asleep, as he eventually comes forward.

Heed like a fifty pence and intimidates no cunt. I've seen tougher Mars bars.

Livingstone hardly in his half for him to be under pressure, but it still took a fucking hour to get the ball forward as he fannies about on it thinking he's Beckanbauer.

A big chancer and a loser along with his serial loser to the right of him.

Ah but... 

32 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We handled everything Livingstone threw at us .

The guy is off his nut , Livingstone barely had a man in our half of the field the whole game.......

He is firefighting. He knows yesterday was a disgrace and has to find positives somewhere. The fact is, him and his team have been serving up results like yesterday for 3 seasons now and there is no sign that he or his coaches have tried anything to change the way we break down these teams. There is a word for people who do the same thing over and over and expect different results. 

Livi keeper making debut. Livi only had 1 point from 3 games. They were sitting bottom/2nd bottom of the league. Hibs took 4 off them last week. Yesterdays result was so indicative of us under SG. 

The intensity was there and

we coped with everything livi threw at us

are 2 of the worst /idiotic statements I’ve heard from a manager 

he must think we’re stupid.

you just haven’t got a clue about tactics/or how to break down a massed defence

After letting the dust settle from yesterday, my thoughts are that i question some players attitudes and also the gaffers ability to change things, yes its early in the season but its about momentum and putting a marker down and that yesterday  had neither, not 1 player taking the game by the scruff o the neck and driving others on round about them always the safe option. 

Why 2 holding midfielders

Why the said 2 sit so deep 

Why we dont commit bodys forward

Yesterday was a deja vu o last season, that for me is a concern 

Thats where i ask myself has mr gerrard got it in his locker to change his system, and i really question that.. 

All teams in the spl just need to look at livi, s set up yesterday and say if we want a point this is how we set up as stevie g has only the 1 style, time he shuffled the pack and started given teams something to think about 

4-4-2

3-5-2

It might put pressure on certain players to win individual battles, but when you pull on the Rangers jersey that is expected

DrLaudrup likes this

I thought this would be a tough one, and although leagues aren't won or lost in August this is a blow.

This season there is going to be an overeaction to every dropped point. And rightly so.

I'd imagine their fans went into meltdown at the Killie result.

This season means so much and I'm not sure our players really get it, and can not handle that pressure to win EVERY league game.

It worries me to say that I think their players and manager"get it" more and can handle it better.

That could be the difference.

DrLaudrup likes this
9 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

"I don't think we did much wrong in terms of our overall play and intensity"..... 

2e27c01884ff4f0d64872b0bfd9a6bae.gif

I couldn’t bring myself to listen to any of the interviews. I’m too annoyed at that performance. I don’t want to hear the expected “we dominated possession” or “we struggled in the final third” etc. 

As a fan I can accept occasionally dropping points if we have peppered their goal with shots, their keeper has a blinder and we’ve left everything out there. I get it’s early in the season and we are top. People say don’t worry but when I see us drop points against same teams, playing the same way and making no attempt to change it I want to smash the dressing room door down like Terry Butcher at Parkhead. I don’t won’t them to win 10 in a row! I want to win 55. I don’t want this mentality. Last night had 0-0 all over it. I can’t accept that.  We and the players should be moaning. The management team and some of the players need to take a long look at themselves.

At times there was 5 defenders around one player yesterday in their box. 

Absaloutley strangled the game, took anti football to a new level. They wanted a point and got their point. Anything else was a bonus. 

as I said earlier in the thread. I can’t wait for their demotion.

their anti football and pitch can fuck off