Who's Impressed Most?

BridgeIsBlue

25 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aribo and Barisic are the obvious two

I've expressed how overrated I think he's been in the past but Kamara impressed me last night. Jack unfortunately seems to be going backwards atm

I agree, I think just now Jack is running a tight line between being a starter and being replaced by a new signing.

Kamara outclassed him last night. His wee shoulder dip and movement of the ball in the second half to take two of their midfielders out the game was excellent.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WizardWalters said:

I agree, I think just now Jack is running a tight line between being a starter and being replaced by a new signing.

Kamara outclassed him last night. His wee shoulder dip and movement of the ball in the second half to take two of their midfielders out the game was excellent.

Re Kamara, he then misplaced a 2 yard pass shortly after but I agree :lol: 

Don’t see much difference in the performances from the second half of last season to be honest, aribo not in the game enough , hagi same spl form before the 3 million spent ,two CMs still as boring , hopefully Barisic can give us a full season 👍🏻👌🏻, I really enjoyed France and Motherwell friendlies, the league games have been shite imo , it’s all about 3 points but apart from flashes it’s been a sore watch , I’d take a season of sore watches but eventually the slow tempo will bite us in the arse 

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Don’t see much difference in the performances from the second half of last season to be honest, aribo not in the game enough , hagi same spl form before the 3 million spent ,two CMs still as boring , hopefully Barisic can give us a full season 👍🏻👌🏻, I really enjoyed France and Motherwell friendlies, the league games have been shite imo , it’s all about 3 points but apart from flashes it’s been a sore watch , I’d take a season of sore watches but eventually the slow tempo will bite us in the arse 

download.jpeg-13.jpg

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Still early days obviously but for me the difference in Aribo already from last season is night and day, 2 or 3 players in front of him and I'm convinced he's dancing through them everytime :lol:

Aribo for me too

Cost me 4 grand versus the sheep ,yet he has stepped up big time .

He needs to have more composure in front of goal .He could be massive for us this season 

18 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Watching completely different matches

McLauchlin and Balogun have been very impressive for me,I thought they would have been more run of the mill shite from down south. 

Aribo is showing up well so far,hopefully he can keep improving. Same with Kent.

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Kent for me, looks much more direct so far this season 

This is definitely it for me. He seems to have learned that beating a man 4 times then fucking it up impresses no one. He was trying too hard to impress before, probably due to the price tag, but he is doing the simple things he is good at well now and consistently with appropriate bits of skill. Didn’t think he would learn but glad to be proven wrong so far.

48 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kent 2 goals in 3 games.

Barasic being a rolls royce.

Still worry that we are to nice a team.

3-0 up in past two games, even Aberdeen away we had ideal opportunity to bury them and lay down a marker but i’m still to be convinced that we have players with that killer instinct.

Appreciate subs played a big part but these guys (Roofe and Itten exempt) should be bursting a gut to impress the manager too.

Agree with most of that and it ties in with other comments about the need for a player to grab his teammates by the scruff of the neck and drive them on.

Needed when we’re up against it but also in games, like last night, where you wanted someone to push us on for four or five.

These last 15/20 minute spells when we’ve run the legs off the opposition should be yielding more goals, goals which could be crucial come the end of the season.

22 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

3 league games have reached same level as Motherwell and French tourney ? 

You said you feel there’s been no difference in our performances from the end of last season. I couldn’t disagree more. We’re playing with a completely different, more direct, centrally attacking style with a higher line thanks to Balogun.

You said Aribo hasn’t been in the game enough which is your opinion and I’m not gonna get argumentative over it but the consensus of the forum seems to be that he’s impressing every game - I fully agree with that. Look at his pass to Hagi for the move behind the second goal yesterday? He did the same against St Mirren. He also scored a header yesterday and was extremely unlucky not to leave Pittodrie with a goal. He’s been heavily involved all over the park, especially defensively. Constantly tracking back and winning tackles.

Hagi is nowhere near as bad as you’re making out and was also involved in the second goal yesterday. He was kicked up in the air the entire match but persisted dishing out his own tackles for the full 90. £3m will prove a bargain for Ianis Hagi. Absolutely no doubt about it.

As for our CMs being boring, Jack’s job isn’t to sprint box to box with flair and dribbling. Kamara is looking far more dangerous, direct and offensive. He’s driven forward towards and into the penalty area numerous times so far this season which he was clearly being told not to do last season.

We thumped Marseille 4-0 last season in pre-season. It was a friendly. So were the games against Lyon and Motherwell. And even then, our style of play hasn’t deviated from those games. If anything it’s become stronger. 8 goals in 3 games with no goals conceded.

How can you possibly say we’ve been shite?

15 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Kamara showed just why there are rumours of a 10M bid. Borna was awesome. Aribo, Kent and Morelos were very sound. We have 2 keepers and genuine competition for the spot.

Tav has to be taken off set plays.

Time to go 8 points clear on Sunday.

Two assists from corners in past two games.

Thing most impressive with Aribo is that he’s not letting games pass him by anymore. He’s taking way more responsibility this season and has been involved throughout the game in every game so far. Too many times last season he was invisible for large chunks of matches or entire matches. Fantastic start from him. Hopefully gets into more goal scoring positions going forward 

Balogun and Helander have been the biggest surprises for me

Balogun has looked to be an excellent signing especially given he was free.

I didn't expect Helander to come back and really hit the ground running, he's been solid since he came back. Doesn't seem as slow as last year for some reason.

Aribo has impressed, maybe it's his year. 

People will disagree, but I think Kent is getting involved far more that what he did in January, some excellent balls into the box last game, took his goal well too.

Barasic, not surprised, reliable quality almost every time. Very impressive player.

Taking all that into consideration, I'd have to say Balogun for me, because it was a signing out of nowhere and he seems to have huge confidence, good speed and defensive ability.

He hasn't needed to settle in at all 

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

You said you feel there’s been no difference in our performances from the end of last season. I couldn’t disagree more. We’re playing with a completely different, more direct, centrally attacking style with a higher line thanks to Balogun.

You said Aribo hasn’t been in the game enough which is your opinion and I’m not gonna get argumentative over it but the consensus of the forum seems to be that he’s impressing every game - I fully agree with that. Look at his pass to Hagi for the move behind the second goal yesterday? He did the same against St Mirren. He also scored a header yesterday and was extremely unlucky not to leave Pittodrie with a goal. He’s been heavily involved all over the park, especially defensively. Constantly tracking back and winning tackles.

Hagi is nowhere near as bad as you’re making out and was also involved in the second goal yesterday. He was kicked up in the air the entire match but persisted dishing out his own tackles for the full 90. £3m will prove a bargain for Ianis Hagi. Absolutely no doubt about it.

As for our CMs being boring, Jack’s job isn’t to sprint box to box with flair and dribbling. Kamara is looking far more dangerous, direct and offensive. He’s driven forward towards and into the penalty area numerous times so far this season which he was clearly being told not to do last season.

We thumped Marseille 4-0 last season in pre-season. It was a friendly. So were the games against Lyon and Motherwell. And even then, our style of play hasn’t deviated from those games. If anything it’s become stronger. 8 goals in 3 games with no goals conceded.

How can you possibly say we’ve been shite?

Beauty of the game and this form mate all different opinions , last night , the 2 first half goals were brilliant and we looked livelier the second half for the first 10 minutes , all in all it was good for 12 minutes out the 90 in my opinion , the rest I was bored 

Archived