Jon Daly talks about McCoist

Leeds_Bear

Mind being at the Scotland v Greece game and Ally was lining up to come on , was really just a wee boy at the time all these big hairy tartan army guys are huffing and puffing at him coming on , I had been shouting bring on Ally most of the game , bang within 60 seconds he'd scored was chuffed. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have met him 3 times and hes been brand new with me every time. A really nice genuine guy. Shame about his managerial record but it summed up the way the club was being run. He'll always be my all time Rangers hero, all the goals he scored and bouncing back a good few times from adversity.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Playing against Rangers in the final. A young kid shouldn't need to see that lol. 

Also had batman Michael Keaton as the team owner. 

Forgot about Keaton, what a downward spiral from Batman, that's probably my favourite of the series just for the true comic book spirit of it. Wow, he was terrible in Shot at Glory.

20 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Legend footballer & talker, shite assistant & manager, likes money, (who doesn't).

Thought he was actually a good assistant under Walter, looked like he had all the attributes to go on and become a top manager then it all turned to shite.

1 hour ago, hawkfalcons said:

enjoy

thats the difference, theres scoring goals, theres scoring goals for the team you grew up supporting, the passion is plain to see amongst his team mates too, technically not as good maybe in the modern age, but id have 11 blue nose grafters anyday, bets times follwing the club for me 90s.

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Thought he was actually a good assistant under Walter, looked like he had all the attributes to go on and become a top manager then it all turned to shite.

4 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

How can you say he was a shite assistant?

Couldn't be left to cup games without oversight.

1 minute ago, Barasa said:

Couldn't be left to cup games without oversight.

Walter was the manager and in total control , obviously if he seen things he wanted changed he'd change it to say he was a shite assistant manager when he was supposed to be in charge of the cup games which would then make him acting manager so really he was just a shite manager not a shite assistant.

2 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Walter was the manager and in total control , obviously if he seen things he wanted changed he'd change it to say he was a shite assistant manager when he was supposed to be in charge of the cup games which would then make him acting manager so really he was just a shite manager not a shite assistant.

Semantics. Many assistants take cup games without interference. We could blame Walter for encouraging him.

Just now, Barasa said:

Semantics. Many assistants take cup games without interference. We could blame Walter for encouraging him.

We won 3 titles in a row and reached a European cup final with him as assistant many assistant managers never even get to a final or win a league so in my book going by that record he must have been doing something right. 

30 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

We won 3 titles in a row and reached a European cup final with him as assistant many assistant managers never even get to a final or win a league so in my book going by that record he must have been doing something right. 

Getting the cones spaced right?

Flew back from London to Glasgow 1 night and sat next to him. Spent the whole flight telling everyone stories and taking a genuine interest in the people around him. Didnt bother him in the slightest, a real gentleman.

He was as disappointed as everyone else about how his managerial career turned out. 

I've chosen to forget all the shite and remember everything else. 

I've put this story on here a couple time's but big guy that used to get on are supporter bus yeara ago had  a great story.  Him and his wife where at a tribute night up at a hotel in perthshire somewhere. So during the night he goes to the bar but there was a few people waiting to be served so he thought he would be quicker getting served at the other lounge bar. As he was getting served he noticed mccoist was there himself drinking so he went said hello. And he asked Ally how his son was getting on who was having health problems after birth. He said mccoist just opened up and he could tell he was having bad time as you would if your son was ill. Anyway after about 20 mins the guy get up goes to get the drinks to take back thru he get mccoist one but he charges the drinks to his room tab. They say bye and they get on with there evening. Next morning as the guys checking out he goes to square up his room tab which he had been getting drinks all night was told that the tab had been cleared and there was a letter. He opened it and it said thinks for taking the time to listen to me hope you had a great evening Ally Mccoist. 

Archived