This overly cautious static football we start with

Born Sinner

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

No, and thats the main thing. Fuck the 3 points. We got 79% possesion.

I honestly think SG and MB look to much into stats but surely even they must see that theirs possession but no penetration or real threat in the final third.

I’m convinced players get picked or even sold and valued on this data which is so easily skewed. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, SPWF said:

Lost count of the number of times I’ve screamed in frustration when there’s a forward pass though the lines on and we shuffle it to the side or back down the line. 3rd season of the same old shite. 

There was one point today when Kent, in the oppositions box,  had the opportunity to pass to Roofe who was standing all alone on the penalty spot yet he chose to pass out the box. WTF?

Spend most of the game screaming at Jack and Kamara to pass the ball forward to no avail then when Kamara did finally get round to playing an incisive pass he hit it so fucking hard  it was like a wayward shot.

4 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

The thing is with that though St Johnston and St Mirren fell for it and the defence was ripped open.

Livingston where stubborn today and refused to be brought out of position and committed every man to the ball not the man.

They two games we got in twice through open play ,3 of the goals were set pieces and one an own goal . The two games at ibrox were ever bit as slow as today apart from very few flashes 

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

There was one point today when Kent, in the oppositions box,  had the opportunity to pass to Roofe who was standing all alone on the penalty spot yet he chose to pass out the box. WTF?

Spend most of the game screaming at Jack and Kamara to pass the ball forward to no avail then when Kamara did finally get round to playing an incisive pass he hit it so fucking hard  it was like a wayward shot.

What's scary is Beale/Gerrard don't seem to see the blindingly obvious. Why do we have a fucking defensive midfielder trying to attack all the time? It was clear Kamara should be absolutely nowhere near the final third with his hesitant play and constant passing from side to side and backwards. It's unfair on him because it's not his position.

Doesn't fill me full of confidence for this season, I wish Gerrard would just fucking play to players strengths instead of trying to turn a squad that'll be worth around 50m into Liverpool!

No apologies, same shite as last season.

This Warburtonesque style of play gives you possession and wins you fuck all.

Absolutely no invention in our style of play. The back passing and side passing is horrendous and allows the oppo to regroup and sit in. 

We lack guile and a spine which is sad to watch for a team of squllionaires playing against a team of paupers. They even had had an ex Kilsyth Rangers player from the Junior ranks up against is. Must have put the fucking fear of death into us, because that performance was as inept as it was full of the shitebaggery. They have the fear and do Mark Warburton proud.

Where the invention, where the creativity, where the slick one, two touch forward movement? Where getting the ball back to front in short a time possible? 

Our progression going forward is as slow as a week in the jail. 

Gerrard tactics are dung, with the turntable stuck on replay.

Kent showed plenty movement and plenty urgency, sadly it was to make runs he didn't need to make,  to give the ball away or to run into blind allays. The team are now mirroring the attitude and work rate of our striker who doesn't want to be here. Morelos attitude was always going to spread to other parts of the team the longer he was left in the team and we saw that yesterday. A group of players who didn't really look interested. All thinking they can drop deep and bounce 1 touch passes around backwards and sidewards thinking they are playing well. There is no drive in the team, no leader, no one to rain shots on the Livi goal to get us excited or get the players motivated and interested. Everything is flat and boring. Predictable and poor. 

8 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Manager is praising clean sheets against dross.

That's the level he is at.

The same ruse that the deniers in the support use.

Clean sheets don't win you games nor titles and whilst the oppo sits in their own half, it's no wonder we have many.

It's just another bullshit stat used by management and the deniers to make excuses for being totally inept.

That yesterday was utter garbage, no matter the clean sheet and possession. We win fuck all with that.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The same ruse that the deniers in the support use.

Clean sheets don't win you games nor titles and whilst the oppo sits in their own half, it's no wonder we have many.

It's just another bullshit stat used by
management and the deniers to make excuses for being totally inept.

That yesterday was utter garbage, no matter the clean sheet and possession. We win fuck all with that.

Tbf I haven’t seen much of the ‘relax we are too with four clean sheets’ which I thought we would have. There’s only been a couple here and there across a few platforms.

Deep down I think nearly everyone knows that this is just not going to work out.

Just seen stats that Jack had 151 touches, Kamara 115 touches and not one single chance created by either of them, that's fuckin horrendous but even worse our two centre backs had over 200 touches between them against a fuckin team that defended all day - we are going to win fuck all unless this way of playing changes 

Just now, Lord Lockin said:

Just seen stats that Jack had 151 touches, Kamara 115 touches and not one single chance created by either of them, that's fuckin horrendous but even worse our two centre backs had over 200 touches between them against a fuckin team that defended all day - we are going to win fuck all unless this way of playing changes 

Of course they did.

Livingston like Aberdeen sit back and say let those four have the ball as they’re not going to damage us in any way.

It's tempo and far to many touches of the ball why take4/5 when one will do.

Darren Fletcher made a good point yesterday Gerrards team are set up like the Rafa Benitez team that the manager was part of. Slow lethargic teams I remember with 3/4world class players.

He is a very cautious manager and unless he gets rid of that in domestic football I can't see how he goes onto manage a top level like EPL England national team

22 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Fucking brutal that is.  

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I also remember reading before he came in that he likes to challenge himself every year with a new formation since he arrived we've had 433 and 4231 we tried 352 out once at Motherwell and it's never been seen again

The 3-5-2 was moronic and got binned after we drew 3-3.

He also played a 4-4-2 v Kilmarnock with Defoe and Alfie up front which we sacrificed McCrorie for Davis in the middle of the park. Was a shambles.

We played a lop sided 4-1-2-1-2 with Lafferty withdrawn on the left behind Alfie against celtic. If it wasn’t for McGregor it could have been a cricket score that day. 

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The 3-5-2 was moronic and got binned after we drew 3-3.

He also played a 4-4-2 v Kilmarnock with Defoe and Alfie up front which we sacrificed McCrorie for Davis in the middle of the park. Was a shambles.

We played a lop sided 4-1-2-1-2 with Lafferty withdrawn on the left behind Alfie against celtic. If it wasn’t for McGregor it could have been a cricket score that day. 

I actually wouldn’t mind us playing Hagi behind the front two if we tried with 3–5-2 again. I think we have the personal for it now.

4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I actually wouldn’t mind us playing Hagi behind the front two if we tried with 3–5-2 again. I think we have the personal for it now.

It’s more defensive and with most teams in Scotland playing with one up front or sometimes barely one we are going to have two, sometimes three centre halves standing about like spare pricks at a wedding.

Also, where does Kent fit into that formation? Because he’s our best attacking outlet.

Archived