This overly cautious static football we start with

Born Sinner

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s more defensive and with most teams in Scotland playing with one up front or sometimes barely one we are going to have two, sometimes three centre halves standing about like spare pricks at a wedding.

Also, where does Kent fit into that formation? Because he’s our best attacking outlet.

Fuck didn’t even think about Ryan. 

Sack my last post.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s more defensive and with most teams in Scotland playing with one up front or sometimes barely one we are going to have two, sometimes three centre halves standing about like spare pricks at a wedding.

Also, where does Kent fit into that formation? Because he’s our best attacking outlet.

Totally understand what you are saying regarding the 3 at back but at the moment we are keeping four men back to watch one man.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Totally understand what you are saying regarding the 3 at back but at the moment we are keeping four men back to watch one man.

Completely agree, but at least Jack and Kamara are nominally more forward than the centre backs in a back three would be.

Ideally we just have one of them sitting in front of two centre backs and they cover if the opposition break on the left or the right.

13 minutes ago, McKissock said:

I thought Hagi was brutal yesterday but I'm surprised he wasn't tried further back in place of Jack. I don't think we would have lost much in the way of control of the game or balance.

Going forward I think Hagi a bit further back is interesting, gives us more guile in the deeper areas and Hagi has looked lost so far this season so it’s not like we’d be missing much. Would also let us squeeze in another forward player like Roofe.

Midfield is the problem. Jack and Arfield have had their go and been found wanting. Forwards are suffering from lack of decent service. Defense has been sorted.

It the middle of the park it has to be Kamara and Aribo (at least they will drive forward) with another but we need decent cover for them which at the moment we do not have.

Just now, TheFamousPigeon said:

Who was it, Ian Black (?) that got a row for betting on the games?

Yes. I remember something from the Banter Years thread that was something like:

Paying Ian Black 6k a week

Ian Black using some of that wage to bet against us

Ian Black scoring against East Stirling and fucking up his own coupon

:lol: 

16 hours ago, RWB72 said:

It is hard but as much as I hate to admit it septics midfield/attack  do it quite well by pulling players all over the place opening up the pitch

Plus they have a forward that has one bad game in 5 .More composure in attacking areas 

We have one that’s good 1/2 out of 5

And zero composure with  75% of our attacks .We should be scoring many more goals . 

Archived