Has Gerrard every improved the team using subs

Dave Hedgehog

15 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I don’t remember it happening at all. 

Like for like, same for same or puzzling subs that make us worse every time.

Takes our only creative player in midfield (Hagi) off at the same time as throwing some attackers on........

Mind boggling stuff 

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Takes our only creative player in midfield (Hagi) off at the same time as throwing some attackers on........

Mind boggling stuff 

Gerrard can't win. Most people thought Hagi was shite and has been on more than one occasion.

What do you do though? Keep him on just in case he eventually does something? Or do you sub him because he's not been good enough? It's a tough one.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Gerrard can't win. Most people thought Hagi was shite and has been on more than one occasion.

What do you do though? Keep him on just in case he eventually does something? Or do you sub him because he's not been good enough? It's a tough one.

Keep him on and get rid of one of the 2 midfielders that’s sitting inside our own half doing nothing 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Barker in the cup final was his worst ever and if he had walked that night I wouldn't have blinked twice.

Thankfully i cannot remember that one. I just couldn't believe it today. In such circumstances too, what did he think Barker was going to do? There was absolutely no space for a roadrunner today. None. Baffling. 

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Take Kamara or Jack off and let Hagi sit deep and play passes in behind was the obvious one for me tbh 

We needed our centre back to play those passes because neither of our central midfielders are capable of it

Embarrassing tbh

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

That’s me clamped but I was meaning in Scotland against the dross 😂👍

😂 That change was putting Aribo to left back which on paper seems a fucking mental decision too. 

But I can’t think of a domestic game where subs have turned one of these types of games. 

4 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Last season Morelos came on against Killie and scored the only goal of the game if that’s what you’re meaning 

No I’m meaning that the team looks better, when we are looking awful like today and we play better when he makes changes.

Good managers when it’s going wrong make changes to the player and formation to make things happen.

His subs are nearly always like for like, formation and pace of play remain the same.

Archived