Morelos Has To Go..

Swagger

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

genuine question, if morelos goes for £20 million and Kent for £15m, all of it reinvested and Gerrard is behind the scum by the end of January, do you still back him?

i would be loathe to give him more than £10mill this season

If we're top of the league, sell our best 2 players for 35m and give him 10m would you still expect him to win the league?

genuine question, if morelos goes for £20 million and Kent for £15m, all of it reinvested and Gerrard is behind the scum by the end of January, do you still back him?

I don't care if we're behind the taigs for the entire season as long as we're above them after the last day. Win the league. Don't care how we do it. 

Fuck me

tenor.gif

If the bid was £16m I wish we would’ve taken it.  If it meant getting our final pieces of business over the line it might have been worth it.  £16m would’ve easily got us Skov Olsen and the CM from Sheffield United - Done.

Morelos doesn’t look the same player he was in 2019. Something is definitely off with him. I think we’ll continue to play him in the hope he recovers his form, goals, and it keeps people interested.  Morelos single handedly qualified us for the last 16 in Europe.  He could easily be considered on of the top performers in that tournament and it’s easy to forget how good he can be.  I love the guy but he wants to move in and it’s time to cash in.

I’m excited about Itten and think he is exactly the type we need - Someone who can head the ball.  He scored 5 headers domestically and one header at international level last season (I think).  Our best chance against Livingston was Tavernier’s ball to the back post that Morelos didn’t even get on target. I think if that landed on Itten’s head it would’ve been in because that’s his strength.

We have two excellent full-backs.  They can put balls in the box all day.  Once we have a target man in the box it’ll add a new dynamic to our game.  Right now teams are happy to surrender the wide areas but that might not be the case if they fear the crossed ball in.  It’ll open up space elsewhere that hopefully Kent and Hagi can  exploit. 

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

If the bid was £16m I wish we would’ve taken it.  If it meant getting our final pieces of business over the line it might have been worth it.  £16m would’ve easily got us Skov Olsen and the CM from Sheffield United - Done.

Morelos doesn’t look the same player he was in 2019. Something is definitely off with him. I think we’ll continue to play him in the hope he recovers his form, goals, and it keeps people interested.  Morelos single handedly qualified us for the last 16 in Europe.  He could easily be considered on of the top performers in that tournament and it’s easy to forget how good he can be.  I love the guy but he wants to move in and it’s time to cash in.

I’m excited about Itten and think he is exactly the type we need - Someone who can head the ball.  He scored 5 headers domestically and one header at international level last season (I think).  Our best chance against Livingston was Tavernier’s ball to the back post that Morelos didn’t even get on target. I think if that landed on Itten’s head it would’ve been in because that’s his strength.

We have two excellent full-backs.  They can put balls in the box all day.  Once we have a target man in the box it’ll add a new dynamic to our game.  Right now teams are happy to surrender the wide areas but that might not be the case if they fear the crossed ball in.  It’ll open up space elsewhere that hopefully Kent and Hagi can  exploit. 

How many headers did Morelos get last season (I don't know the answer to this btw)? It's early days with Itten and certainly not writing him off but I think you last point of if it 'landed on Itten's head' is key because in his Youtube video and even against Livingston I think he showed he's not outjumping any cunt.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

How many headers did Morelos get last season (I don't know the answer to this btw)? It's early days with Itten and certainly not writing him off but I think you last point of if it 'landed on Itten's head' is key because in his Youtube video and even against Livingston I think he showed he's not outjumping any cunt.

He actually went from 6”3 to 5”8 when he jumped in that game 

😂

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

There's one in particular I remember where he just reminded me of Lafferty's half inch efforts and their defender just came right through him.

I’m not writing him off after only an hour of football btw but I’ve a gut feeling about him

25 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

There's one in particular I remember where he just reminded me of Lafferty's half inch efforts and their defender just came right through him.

I can’t stand tall players that can’t head the ball.  Hated Lafferty for that.  Cedric Itten doesn’t seem that type of player.  I read his stats from last season and the aerial duels won stats were impressive.  That Croatian Mirco Maric (is that his name?) was tall but had shocking aerial stats so I’m glad we backed off him.

I take the point about Morelos BTW.  The two headed goals against Feyenoord were top class.  But, he just doesn’t seem capable of that anymore.  It’s like he’s lost something.  

2 hours ago, TMB said:

I can’t stand tall players that can’t head the ball.  Hated Lafferty for that.  Cedric Itten doesn’t seem that type of player.  I read his stats from last season and the aerial duels won stats were impressive.  That Croatian Mirco Maric (is that his name?) was tall but had shocking aerial stats so I’m glad we backed off him.

I take the point about Morelos BTW.  The two headed goals against Feyenoord were top class.  But, he just doesn’t seem capable of that anymore.  It’s like he’s lost something.  

Battered it in nicely the other week, but for me, he seems to score the hard headers & miss the more routine efforts.

Gerrard saying his head isn’t in it. Been asked to be left out the squad with a second Lille big incoming.

Ross Wilson better have his finger hovering over the ‘submit transfer offer’ button. We still need another CF, RW and CM.

33 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Gerrard’s spent £30m and recouped what? A couple of mil? Should get money for a CM and that’s it. 

Is money recouped better than good players who are sellable assets?

If we sold Morelos and Kent for 30m that would recoup more than you say he's spent, in what way is that beneficial to him winning games?

Archived