Morelos Has To Go..

Swagger

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is money recouped better than good players who are sellable assets?

If we sold Morelos and Kent for 30m that would recoup more than you say he's spent, in what way is that beneficial to him winning games?

If being the operative word. At the point of my post we’ve sold nobody and he didn’t even bring in Morelos so totally negates your point. 

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If being the operative word. At the point of my post we’ve sold nobody and he didn’t even bring in Morelos so totally negates your point. 

Your point is he hasn't recouped money so give him little more.

If he did recoup money and it weakens us is that a better scenario for us?

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

True he didn't bring in Morelos, but it  can be argued that he's added value to Morelos

If you're a business and you purchase an asset, especially if it increases in value your balance sheet will look good.  If an asset increases in value due to good management then that management deserves praise, as does the manager who originally signed the player.

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

True he didn't bring in Morelos, but it  can be argued that he's added value to Morelos

If you're a business and you purchase an asset, especially if it increases in value your balance sheet will look good.  If an asset increases in value due to good management then that management deserves praise, as does the manager who originally signed the player.

Morelos would be worth nowhere near his current valuation if we continued getting knocked out of Europe at qualifying rounds by the likes of Progres, as we were pre Gerrard.

Gerrard is praised for that but apparently to get no recognition for the increase in the valuation of the assets he manages in doing so. 🤔

1 hour ago, Swally said:

By playing the most negative midfield I can remember behind him - the only person responsible for Morelos value going up is Morelos himself 

9 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

By playing the most negative midfield I can remember behind him - the only person responsible for Morelos value going up is Morelos himself 

So nothing to do with us progressing and performing in EL as managed by Gerrard. Nope nothing at all.

Just like the figures the scum get for their players has nothing to do with their CL exposure .

Honest to fuck man. Gerrard doesn't deserve all the credit for Morelos valuation, maybe not even most of the credit, but he doesn't deserve none. Baffling.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So nothing to do with us progressing and performing in EL as managed by Gerrard. Nope nothing at all.

Just like the figures the scum get for their players has nothing to do with their CL exposure .

Honest to fuck man. Gerrard doesn't deserve all the credit for Morelos valuation, maybe not even most of the credit, but he doesn't deserve none. Baffling.

Morelos almost single handily kept us in Europe for that length of time with some outstanding displays - so as I said his valuation is entirely down to Morelos himself    

Our reason for being is to win league titles. To be the best.

Thus far we have failed. Being second means nothing other than being a loser.

Arguing over the semantics is meaningless. The result is all that matters.

Morelos time is over. Part of the problem, not the solution. No point in pretending otherwise, but not all down to him. 

He is not alone. Gerrard has failed to turn us into winners by failing to be ruthless and make a step change in psyche, the team dynamic and in the formation as well as recruitment. A predictable safe and stale plan A and no plan B. The stymying of flair and invention in a league full of dross.

We also remain to have a team that can be bullied and dont have the look of winners.

That winning mentality and formula is simply not there and it is one reason why Alfie will do better elsewhere. He has done little since January. The poisoned well that is Scottish football has done for him, as performances have done for us, as we gifted the title to the scum.

A parting of the ways is a necessity for all concerned. Alfie is no longer thriving in an environment of rinse and repeat.

We again witness change to personnel, but no change to the team dynamic, so nothing changes.

43 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I hope you have a support network in place when Morelos eventually leaves, it's most likely going to happen, and by the sounds of it - the only person responsible is Morelos himself.

1 minute ago, Swally said:

I hope you have a support network in place when Morelos eventually leaves, it's most likely going to happen, and by the sounds of it - the only person responsible is Morelos himself.

Can you blame him for wanting out of this cesspit of a country - been hounded on and off the park since almost the day he arrived

17 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Morelos almost single handily kept us in Europe for that length of time with some outstanding displays - so as I said his valuation is entirely down to Morelos himself    

Story book nonsense, but no wonder you get to the conclusion you have if you believe that.

5 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

prove me wrong - who did more than Morelos to keep us in Europe 

😂

Demonstrating that you have no appreciation of the team effort that did us proud. 

McGregor saves, clean sheets, some selfless midfield grafting, sensational assists including for Morelos.

Its the team effort, of which Morelos had the headlines but only because of what they managed collectively.

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

Can you blame him for wanting out of this cesspit of a country - been hounded on and off the park since almost the day he arrived

I personally don't think it bothers him as much as what people think, he's always wanted to move to a better and better league, that's been his motivation.

I know that some players really take exception to racism and stuff like that, but I've never really seen morelos react badly to it when it's happened, but I'm not going to sit here and state it has no effect on him. Only Morelos will know how much it does. I've been on a pitch myself, and being a ginger :lol: I know what abuse on the pitch is like even if It was at a low shitey level.

He reacts when he feels he's been unjustifiably booked or sent off, but there's a hell of a lot of players like this. I don't doubt Morelos has been targeted, but he's made himself a target by his behaviour right at the start. Was it wrong for officials to target him thereafter - of course it was. But Morelos isn't 100% innocent.

I remember Gerrard saying that he had spoken to Morelos and told him in order to get a big move away he'd have to show better discipline. Doesn't sound like a player fully committed to Rangers, and I'm sure that was before all the craziness started. I might be talking shite though, my memory's not the best.

I think morelos never really wanted to stay with us and saw us as a stepping stone, which sadly is like too many players nowadays. But I don't have a huge problem with that as long as they're professional.

5 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

prove me wrong - who did more than Morelos to keep us in Europe 

He equally almost got us put out of Europe with another needless sending off, other players came in and saved the day that's team effort.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂

Demonstrating that you have no appreciation of the team effort that did us proud. 

McGregor saves, clean sheets, some selfless midfield grafting, sensational assists including for Morelos.

Its the team effort, of which Morelos had the headlines but only because of what they managed collectively.

Now that it's in my head I'd really like to see Morelos himself vs any team.

Mind you I don't think it would be pretty 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂

Fuckin brilliant when the Buffs carrying us it's a team effort, when he doesn't play that well - get him to fuck 

Archived