Morelos Has To Go..

Swagger

He scored two last game, that’s not bad, the way we played today he didn’t get the right service, as far as I remember he had at least two near things but the whole team tactics were wrong today, no use in keep on banging at a closed door we have to pry it open and we are still not capable of doing it on a regular basis

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Jack is the first player I've seen take seven touches to make a one touch pass. 

I said similar in the Bowling Club this afternoon watching it mate.

In his defence he takes up good positions in the pitch, finds space etc but then kills any tempo/urgency/momentum stone dead with his first touch of the ball. 

It's actually infuriating. I think there was even a couple of folk (believe it or not) who genuinely didn't notice it themselves until I said it, then every time it happened they were then the first to mention it.

He's honestly not an un-talented player or anything like that - but he's not what we need to succeed. If he was playing in that Livingston team, conversely, he'd be man of the match in games like today against us and celtic for the style of player he is and that's just keeping it calm, with no ambition, drive or will to win.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

In his defence he takes up good positions in the pitch, finds space etc but then kills any tempo/urgency/momentum stone dead with his first touch of the ball. 

It's actually infuriating. I think there was even a couple of folk (believe it or not) who genuinely didn't notice it themselves until I said it, then every time it happened they were then the first to mention it.

He's honestly not an un-talented player or anything like that - but he's not what we need to succeed. If he was playing in that Livingston team, conversely, he'd be man of the match in games like today against us and celtic for the style of player he is and that's just keeping it calm, with no ambition, drive or will to win.

This agreeing shit is happening too much :lol:

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Although Jack was fantastic in the first half of last season. He was scoring goals, driving us forward and the ball seemed glued to his feet!! 

I just dont get the collapse in form from our players.

Just now, berkshirebear said:

Although Jack was fantastic in the first half of last season. He was scoring goals, driving us forward and the ball seemed glued to his feet!! 

I just dont get the collapse in form from out players.

I know mate. He was a different player that August to December period.

You can only put it down to the form of his career - that one purple patch that almost every player will go through at some point in their lives playing football, because the 3 years before it with us, and from December until now, he looks every bit the average Aberdeen player I thought he was with them. 

and it's not pick on Ryan Jack night either before anything thinks that - it's just getting more and more relevant to the debates, sadly.

2 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

I just dont get the collapse in form from our players.

Manager who hasn't got a league winning mentality. Captain who accepts any standard of performance on the pitch. Why should the players give a fuck? Seriously.

Gerrards faults are obvious, constantly picking Ojo, Barker, now Morelos when they bring nothing to the team. If we can all see it how, how does he not??? 

Barker is beyond mental. He literally never does anything good

10 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Gerrards faults are obvious, constantly picking Ojo, Barker, now Morelos when they bring nothing to the team. If we can all see it how, how does he not??? 

Bit of a worry. Its not as if we didn't know how Livi would play.  Putting out his favourite team and just expect to win is not good management.

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

I noticed it too and Boyd mentioned it on sky - Morelos sulked off and didnt high 5 or gee up Itten. 

A team player would be wanting the sub to go grab a goal. Poor IMO.

Did he go off at the halfway line or went to the nearest point to get off the pitch, i thought he’d gone off not near Itten.

Or he is just utterly sh*te these days.. 

Can happen when you have absolutely zero technical ability and you’re off form or not giving the maximum effort you usually would 

The way he plays the game and his poor link up play definitely plays a part in our turgid football against these mobs. In the past this has been made up for by him providing those moments that have got us the breakthrough but right now he’s just a waste of a jersey. Itten should’ve been on far earlier today and long before a 50% fit Roofe got brought on 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Can happen when you have absolutely zero technical ability and you’re off form or not giving the maximum effort you usually would 

The way he plays the game and his poor link up play definitely plays a part in our turgid football against these mobs. In the past this has been made up for by him providing those moments that have got us the breakthrough but right now he’s just a waste of a jersey. Itten should’ve been on far earlier today and long before a 50% fit Roofe got brought on 

Id rather see a youth up front trying like feck!! I used to love Morelos but he has let the club down so many times now, I just hope he leaves asap. 

Id rather see a youth up front trying like feck!! I used to love Morelos but he has let the club down so many times now, I just hope he leaves asap. 

Love what he’s done for us but if we are going to progress as a team and play better football then it’s time to go 

Bite the bullet , get rid and use the money to get a midfielder who can actually change a game. People saying itten and roofe cant replace him but lets be honest, the way hes playing just now we wouldnt miss him. Itten and roofe cant actually prove they can replace him till they get a game from the start. If it doesnt work then theres nothing lost cos the way its going if he stays we win fuck all anyway.

It's a thin line isnt it? trying to give someone confidence and a bit of love to get their confidence through the roof in the hope they'll become a better player can easily turn against you.

Maybe Morelos does think the SPFL is below him, and he doesn't really get the Rangers culture.

So many people including Gerrard have focused a lot of praise on the wee man, maybe he does feel like it's all about him.

What I find disappointing is the vast changes in opinion on Morelos match to match.

I've been saying Morelos needs out for a while now because I do not believe Rangers and him are a good match any more, I stuck by that even when he started scoring again.

Like I said before, our system including Morelos don't work well enough against teams who park the bus.

For these games we need two up front, and it looks like Morelos is not capable working with another striker.

However, the whole team were shite today and many pairs of baws need booted.

Problem is everybody is trying to do it all themselves 

We need team work  we are a team of individuals

instead of looking for glory look to put it on a plate for someone and always try to give the player on the ball a option

Archived