Morelos Has To Go..

Swagger

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Hes got his price and that's it. If a club meet it then he'll be off. No website is dictating what a player is worth. 

The problem is, he's clearly below par for whatever reason and my biggest worry is that his moving on turns to shit with the club fucking it up and he stays. What will his head be like then?. 

His role does appear to have changed up front, but does he like it and he still doesn't get the best of service. We are too slow and predictable, not new, but it must be frustrating as a striker and asides from anything else, we have already spent a few quid and need the money.

Just got a feeling things ain't right and nothing changed since Dubai. Maybe reading too much into it, but the Alfie situation, our playing style and dropping points has to fucking change, or we wont have to wait until xmas ti see if we are still in a title race.

Off topic. Now five days since the last racist attack on Alfie, with plod investigating, yet not a word. Just how hard is this?!

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The problem is, he's clearly below par for whatever reason and my biggest worry is that his moving on turns to shit with the club fucking it up and he stays. What will his head be like then?. 

His role does appear to have changed up front, but does he like it and he still doesn't get the best of service. We are too slow and predictable, not new, but it must be frustrating as a striker and asides from anything else, we have already spent a few quid and need the money.

Just got a feeling things ain't right and nothing changed since Dubai. Maybe reading too much into it, but the Alfie situation, our playing style and dropping points has to fucking change, or we wont have to wait until xmas ti see if we are still in a title race.

Off topic. Now five days since the last racist attack on Alfie, with plod investigating, yet not a word. Just how hard is this?!

Hes not below par. Hes contributed to the majority of our goals so far. Yesterday he was given horrific service. It's the tactics that are wrong, not Morelos.

Morelos is our only striker that carry’s a goal threat at moment. Roofe and Itten aren’t up to speed yet. So we need him whether folk like him or not. And imo he wasn’t the problem yesterday.  Still decent link up play, still causing defenders problems. Should have done better with header admittedly but he was there to get the chance. More concerned with service from Kent, Hagi, Jack, Kamara and wide areas! 

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hes not below par. Hes contributed to the majority of our goals so far. Yesterday he was given horrific service. It's the tactics that are wrong, not Morelos.

I don't think these things need to be mutually exclusive. IMO he's not reached his usual levels, but has still contributed because of his talent.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Alfie has been below par since Dubai and I'm putting that down to Gerrard.

He's nowhere near the player he was previously.

Yes he's contributing, but he could be contributing a lot more. The spark isn't there, nor is the service.

52 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Alfie has been below par since Dubai and I'm putting that down to Gerrard.

He's nowhere near the player he was previously.

Yes he's contributing, but he could be contributing a lot more. The spark isn't there, nor is the service.

What do you think Gerrard has done?

16 hours ago, The Dude said:

He looks every inch a player in his comfort zone. 

That’s it for me. So many of our players are shitebags, not in the sense that they won’t go through a tackle - but in that they’re not brave on the ball. 

Aside from the fullbacks, Kent and occasionally Hagi no one tries to make anything happen. Morelos tries to force it sometimes, but usually from ridiculous angles.

Edit: and Aribo. Missed him big time yesterday.

1 hour ago, Davidorrp said:

Morelos is our only striker that carry’s a goal threat at moment. Roofe and Itten aren’t up to speed yet. So we need him whether folk like him or not. And imo he wasn’t the problem yesterday.  Still decent link up play, still causing defenders problems. Should have done better with header admittedly but he was there to get the chance. More concerned with service from Kent, Hagi, Jack, Kamara and wide areas! 

I doubt there’s anyone in the Rangers support that don’t like one of our best players.

People are simply being critical of him which is entirely fair when he’s not performing as high as we expect him to.

Morelos seems to always have a get out clause, ie it’s someone else’s fault. The fact is the majority of the team wasn’t good enough yesterday - this includes Morelos.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If we are to let him go based on his performance yesterday then we would have to let everyone else go as well with that logic.  It was a bad day for everyone involved.

I thought McLaughlin and pretty much our whole defence was fine yesterday, but they didn’t have to deal with much. :lol:

Kent was ok, that’s as far as I’d go. He was one of the few that looked dangerous and there was a passage of play where he beat 3 or 4 players. It came too late though.

28 minutes ago, left winger said:

What do you think Gerrard has done?

Stymied player flair and natural ability. 

FFS even I could pass a ball back and forth ten yards, but you wouldn't pay 3 mil for a donkey which can only do that, but that is all we are seeing.

As I've said, Warburton mk2 . Playing safe and cowardly.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Stymied player flair and natural ability. 

FFS even I could pass a ball back and forth ten yards, but you wouldn't pay 3 mil for a donkey which can only do that, but that is all we are seeing.

As I've said, Warburton mk2 . Playing safe and cowardly.

Yeah, that happens, but it was happening before as well, and it didn’t affect him?

Morelos has had a hand in most goals.  In first game he had more touches than in any game last year.  He has clearly been instructed to come deeper to create space for for Kent and Hagi.   

We played poor as a team.   

I think without Morelos and an upgrade on Jack ( or kamara) we win nothing and hand them the league.    

Morelos can win us the league.  

Archived