Morelos Has To Go..

Swagger

On 16/08/2020 at 20:09, thebluedoo said:

We need to find away to get him more involved, the midfield continually knock it from side to side and in wee triangles in front of him, then it's down the flanks for either Tav and Borna to get it in the box. After a while teams get used to it and sit on him, reducing the space around him. We need to play more into his feet and letting him use his strength to muscle defenders, imo he could be the difference this season. Unless it's too good an offer then I would rather keep him. 

The big problem there is that teams just put someone in front of him to cut out the supply. I know it has been talked to death but if we had 2 up front then there is another option. Especially if the other is taller then we can play balls in the air and hopefully knock one down for Alf or someone to get a shot off.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tom0411 said:

The big problem there is that teams just put someone in front of him to cut out the supply. I know it has been talked to death but if we had 2 up front then there is another option. Especially if the other is taller then we can play balls in the air and hopefully knock one down for Alf or someone to get a shot off.

Exactly, although midfield players are obviously covered by opposition players they are often seen as less of a threat as proven strikers, if you have two up front they'll likely be man-marked and will be able to pull opposition players out of position opening up space for the other striker. You see it all the time when players are parking the bus, quite happy for most of our players to play across them and they don't  change position unless a dangerous player gets the ball.

I know it works well in Europe and it's well proven in other leagues, but have to be honest I'm starting to hate the formation/s we play. Doesn't work in our backwater.

One of the problems on Sunday was the Morelos has long since put the tools away and the 2 new strikers haven't yet found their feet  I don't know if he came from poverty but forpeople from that background often making big ,money is an end in itself and unfortunately that's the impression I get from him

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

One of the problems on Sunday was the Morelos has long since put the tools away and the 2 new strikers haven't yet found their feet  I don't know if he came from poverty but forpeople from that background often making big ,money is an end in itself and unfortunately that's the impression I get from him

He’s not downed tools at all, he’s been involved in most of our goals this season 😂 everyone had an off day against Livingston and the service was non existent. As for the pish about him coming from poverty, I don’t even know where to start with that. 

12 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

He’s not downed tools at all, he’s been involved in most of our goals this season 😂 everyone had an off day against Livingston and the service was non existent. As for the pish about him coming from poverty, I don’t even know where to start with that. 

I don't believe Morelos can operate at the required level if he doesn't see a near future at our club, it's human nature to drop performance under that kind of circumstance. I do believe his performance has dropped and never recovered since January. 

If we lost the 3-0 St Johnston game due to other players not scoring I think a lot more people would have been on Morelos's back. Those other players stepped up and bailed him out.

However, I don't believe the theory of passing Morelos £10 and him putting his feet up thinking he's made it because he thinks he's no longer poor. :lol:

So I have to partly agree with @Thermopylae

4 hours ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

Hes been pish for months. Can barely control a ball these days, pace seems none existent, cant shoot, and doesnt even seem to be able to jump. Hes been a disgrace since xmas, and I dont get the desperate attempts to back him on here constantly as hes mugging the club right off. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

image.thumb.png.23a3be687ceb53335f4a3da179ff08ed.png

Alfie's time in London never lasted long...:boughy:

Aye I'm full of shite, made the whole scenario up.

Do you think because he was training today a full 3 days later proves he never flew to London?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It would appear that way.

A full two days later.  :boughy:

You know better than my Mrs that checked him onto his flight and Katic on his flight to Croatia on Sunday also. Maybe I made that up anaw

7 minutes ago, Blue_Snib said:

You know better than my Mrs that checked him onto his flight and Katic on his flight to Croatia on Sunday also. Maybe I made that up anaw

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. I don't believe you though for reasons already outlined in the thread. Done some job to get from Livi to Milngavie and then from Milngavie to his flat and then on to the airport in little over an hour.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. I don't believe you though for reasons already outlined in the thread. Done some job to get from Livi to Milngavie and then from Milngavie to his flat and then on to the airport in little over an hour.

When was the last time you were on a flight? You check in before you get to the airport. 30 mins before the flight is due to depart is all you need to be there for, they still rush you through if you're there after the 30 mins. Dunno where you're getting the hour from 

Anybody wanting or thinking morelos Should go the now is aff their nut, the new guys will hopefully come good but both look like a couple of donkeys to me So far, and I’ve watched every minute they’ve played for us, I wasn’t expecting a goal flurry right away (although for the money spent, a goal from either wouldn’t be asking too much) but their touch seems way, way off right now Aswell 

alfie is a cunt at times but he’ll score more goals than both of them imo for as long as he’s here

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Anybody wanting or thinking morelos Should go the now is aff their nut, the new guys will hopefully come good but both look like a couple of donkeys to me So far, and I’ve watched every minute they’ve played so far, I wasn’t expecting a goal flurry right away (although for the money spent, a goal from either wouldn’t be asking too much) but their touch seems way, way off right now Aswell 

alfie is a cunt at times but he’ll score more goals than both of them imo for as long as he’s here

tenor.gif?itemid=5273057

Roofe hadn't played a competitive game since December before coming to us, and Itten is new to the system.

5 hours ago, Swally said:

I do believe his performance has dropped and never recovered since January. 

That’s the biggest issue for me.  I’m not convinced that it will recover and we simply can’t afford to keep accepting it, there is too much at stake.

6 minutes ago, Swally said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5273057

Roofe hadn't played a competitive game since December before coming to us, and Itten is new to the system.

You just backed up my point, I don’t care what excuses are made for how far off it they both look, but if we replace alfie with the 2 of them now!! we might aswell accept the fenians claiming 10 in a row 

20 minutes ago, Blue_Snib said:

When was the last time you were on a flight? You check in before you get to the airport. 30 mins before the flight is due to depart is all you need to be there for, they still rush you through if you're there after the 30 mins. Dunno where you're getting the hour from 

Rangers never left the Tony Macaroni until well after seven so he'd have had a little over an hour to get there and be checked in 30 minutes before departure. 

4 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

You just backed up my point, I don’t care what excuses are made for how far off it they both look, but if we replace alfie with the 2 of them now!! we might aswell accept the fenians claiming 10 in a row 

I think it would have been fairer to say they were not match fit, or match sharp, instead of calling them  a couple of donkeys!:lol:

6 minutes ago, Swally said:

I think it would have been fairer to say they were not match fit, or match sharp, instead of calling them  a couple of donkeys!:lol:

I call it as I see it, And as I see it, we need alfie until they are both fully fit and prove to us they are not infact, a cutla donkeys

jury out on both for me, I don’t know, nor have I seen anything from either (Past or present) that convinces me they are preferred to Our proven 30 goal a season striker

34 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I call it as I see it, And as I see it, we need alfie until they are both fully fit and prove to us they are not infact, a cutla donkeys

jury out on both for me, I don’t know, nor have I seen anything from either (Past or present) that convinces me they are preferred to Our proven 30 goal a season striker

Mate ffs, Roofe is obviously rusty, me personally can see a player in him once up to full speed.  Itten, not so sure hope so though.

Donkeys, fs, they have just arrived, give them at least a bit of time. Cunts like you do my tits in, instant success or your pish. Fuck off.

Also, stop making out Morelos is some 30 a season God. He's fucking far from it, his time is up and he needs to move on for the betterment of the club.

29 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Mate ffs, Roofe is obviously rusty, me personally can see a player in him once up to full speed.  Itten, not so sure hope so though.

Donkeys, fs, they have just arrived, give them at least a bit of time. Cunts like you do my tits in, instant success or your pish. Fuck off.

Also, stop making out Morelos is some 30 a season God. He's fucking far from it, his time is up and he needs to move on for the betterment of the club.

Instant success against Livingston, st mirren for definite yes!!
cunts like you that pretend you’ve seen anything in roofe or itten in the time they’ve  been here make me laugh🤣  you’ve seen fucking nada, stick to the champ manager! Imo neither have done one thing right in the minutes they’ve had, roofe even said in the press he was disappointed in his own showing so far 
I hope they prove me wrong and when either of them are  on 29 goals with 8 games to go (no far from 30 goals btw😉) Then I’ll be treating them like god to use your words (when in reality I’ll just think they are our best player)

Archived