15 Threads

hammer93

25 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Can't believe you've spent about 15 minutes typing up that fucking pile of steaming shite

Opinions on Ally, Le Guen and Pedro were absolutely spot on, on here, at Ibrox, on buses etc btw. 

Ironic bit is the part in bold is literally our Management team. Group of Liverpool fans brought together to try and manage a football club when none of them have ever had the experience of doing it at any decent level before. 

And treat it as if it’s some kind of training exercise in getting ready to take over Liverpool one day.

That’s honestly what it feels like with this management team to me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think some posters take their own views and the views of others way too seriously. They're really not that important. 

I think in the immediate aftermath of a game, good, bad or indifferent, most common sense gets thrown out of the window. I think we're all guilty of that but some are different levels, and at times best left ignored.

Extreme views or going against the grain don't really bother me. I think most people just use it as a release, which is absolutely fine. We all care and some just channel their views a little differently.

By and large you tend to end up just ignoring some posts or threads. You can be sure that some posters will keep saying the same thing over and over again. Before you even go into a thread you know what's going to be in there hence why a lot of threads just get ignored by most of us. I don't really know what is gained from saying the same thing over and over again but each to their own. If you try to have a debate it doesn't really go far. A lot of views are wildly extreme and a lot of people have their minds made up already.

After a bad result you will see many posts and threads saying everybody should leave, we should start again, we will never win anything. Should you try to bring some balance you are a Gerrard, Tav (take your pick) fanboy burying your head in the sand. Most often it's somewhere in the middle.

It's fine to be angry, frustrated, disappointed. I think we all feel that but Sunday morning we were winning the league yet Sunday tea time it's all over. To concede the league just now seems a tad premature. 

I don't expect anyone to care about my opinion. It's a nothing opinion. I don't care if my opinion is right or wrong.

Ultimately we just all want the same thing. Hopefully come the end of the season.

Agree mate, and everyone is entitled to an opinion. We all want what's best at the end of the day.

I'm just trying to dispel this illusion that fans watching the TV can see issues where management teams can't as if they just sit idly unable to identify problems. We hear the same year in year out, and we'll hear it after Gerrard leaves and whatever poor sod is getting the stick next time! :lol: 

6 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

Agree mate, and everyone is entitled to an opinion. We all want what's best at the end of the day.

I'm just trying to dispel this illusion that fans watching the TV can see issues where management teams can't as if they just sit idly unable to identify problems. We hear the same year in year out, and we'll hear it after Gerrard leaves and whatever poor sod is getting the stick next time! :lol: 

It doesn't take a footballing genius to see that our manager is shite

8 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

Let's get Darren in then.

TBF mate Fletcher is not the first one to highlight midfield this season 

Shelley Kerr:

“I don’t think they (Kamara and Jack) need to be as deep because there’s such a big area there from the midfield to the front to support. “I don’t think they needed two deep and sitting midfielders. Helander can go forward with the ball quite easily.”

5 hours ago, McKissock said:

Usually I'd agree, but the consistency we have for dropping points when we get ahead within a game or two is a dreadful.

People are right to be frustrated that we've chucked away an early gift in the exact same way that we've seen for the last 3 years.

For me the bigger picture is that take on here....posters do pre match predictions of routine 3/4 victories without taking anything into consideration...now I'm not saying that we shouldn't be expecting 3pts at Livingston of course we should but they are far from being routine 

Last season the beggars scored a last minute equaliser to earn 1pt out of 6 at that very ground, factor in the fact that we have genuinely struggled on that surface at Livingston for a few games now....factor in that Livingston sat as deep and compact as they could and defended desperately at times

Where it falls down for me AGAIN is our decision making in the final 3rd, we had 23 attempts at goal but only 3 of them on fucking target....that is the main issue here....if we are creating 23 chances then I would expect about 10 on target....that's when you start getting the goals that win you the 3pts, we need to stop fannying about taking extra touches when the final 3rd is convoluted with so many bodies 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

At least the 80’s has squads capable of trophies.

The truth though it wasn't enough in those days m8....we were falling behind badly in the league, winning the league cup wasn't for papering over finishing 4th or 5th in the league 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

For me the bigger picture is that take on here....posters do pre match predictions of routine 3/4 victories without taking anything into consideration...now I'm not saying that we shouldn't be expecting 3pts at Livingston of course we should but they are far from being routine 

Last season the beggars scored a last minute equaliser to earn 1pt out of 6 at that very ground, factor in the fact that we have genuinely struggled on that surface at Livingston for a few games now....factor in that Livingston sat as deep and compact as they could and defended desperately at times

Where it falls down for me AGAIN is our decision making in the final 3rd, we had 23 attempts at goal but only 3 of them on fucking target....that is the main issue here....if we are creating 23 chances then I would expect about 10 on target....that's when you start getting the goals that win you the 3pts, we need to stop fannying about taking extra touches when the final 3rd is convoluted with so many bodies 

Don't disagree with anything you've said there mate. :tu:

We're not entitled to winning games, but we're entitled to expect a little more in the final 3rd as you've said - especially when we've been given the chance to set the pace early on in an important season.

34 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think some posters take their own views and the views of others way too seriously. They're really not that important. 

I think in the immediate aftermath of a game, good, bad or indifferent, most common sense gets thrown out of the window. I think we're all guilty of that but some are different levels, and at times best left ignored.

Extreme views or going against the grain don't really bother me. I think most people just use it as a release, which is absolutely fine. We all care and some just channel their views a little differently.

By and large you tend to end up just ignoring some posts or threads. You can be sure that some posters will keep saying the same thing over and over again. Before you even go into a thread you know what's going to be in there hence why a lot of threads just get ignored by most of us. I don't really know what is gained from saying the same thing over and over again but each to their own. If you try to have a debate it doesn't really go far. A lot of views are wildly extreme and a lot of people have their minds made up already.

After a bad result you will see many posts and threads saying everybody should leave, we should start again, we will never win anything. Should you try to bring some balance you are a Gerrard, Tav (take your pick) fanboy burying your head in the sand. Most often it's somewhere in the middle.

It's fine to be angry, frustrated, disappointed. I think we all feel that but Sunday morning we were winning the league yet Sunday tea time it's all over. To concede the league just now seems a tad premature. 

I don't expect anyone to care about my opinion. It's a nothing opinion. I don't care if my opinion is right or wrong.

Ultimately we just all want the same thing. Hopefully come the end of the season we all get what we want.

Not a lot to disagree with there m8👍

45 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

TBF mate Fletcher is not the first one to highlight midfield this season 

Shelley Kerr:

“I don’t think they (Kamara and Jack) need to be as deep because there’s such a big area there from the midfield to the front to support. “I don’t think they needed two deep and sitting midfielders. Helander can go forward with the ball quite easily.”

Even some dumb brawd can even see it

40 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The truth though it wasn't enough in those days m8....we were falling behind badly in the league, winning the league cup wasn't for papering over finishing 4th or 5th in the league 

We also weren’t in a period of Total domination by celtic in the 80s . Right now while we continue to bottle it they will pick up everything in the process 

22 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

We also weren’t in a period of Total domination by celtic in the 80s . Right now while we continue to bottle it they will pick up everything in the process 

That's what heightens the anxiety in here with any negative result...in the 80s the top half of the table was very strong, even the teams that ST Mirren, Dundee & Morton had would be challenging the top 6 these days

We're not going to win every game and score a barrel load everytime. The taigs will drop plenty aswell this season. I'd have taken 10 points out of 12 at the start of the season so not too concerned tbh

Archived