Champions League 20/21

50 minutes ago, don logan said:

The Latin for black is nigreos and in Spanish it's negra/negro. In the audio posted last night you hear the 4th official say "negra" which I'm assuming is the Romanian for black? Looks like they've heard this and assumed he was using it in the literal sense. Then it this assumption becomes the truth amongst both teams when most didn't hear it. A bit of a shambles.

That’s what I’m thinking too. You hear him shouting “you said negro”. When someone explained to him that he meant “black” he altered it to “ you don’t say white player”.  

The guy will lose his refereeing license for that. If there was a group of black guys with one white guy in there would you not say “ the white guy” because I would. 

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

That’s what I’m thinking too. You hear him shouting “you said negro”. When someone explained to him that he meant “black” he altered it to “ you don’t say white player”.  

The guy will lose his refereeing license for that. If there was a group of black guys with one white guy in there would you not say “ the white guy” because I would. 

Nah, probably not to be fair. 

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

It's absolutely unreal. This madness has to stop. 

The guy was black and you can't say coloured. 

Imagine instead of trying to describe who it was, the official went marching right up to him and pointed at him for extra clarity - does that not look a hundred times worse?

'Black Lives Matter' but you can't say black?

What a stupid, mongo environment the elites, liberals, Government, organisations and media have created.

Hope they're all satisfied :confused:

Could have called the player by his name tbf

18 minutes ago, The Socrates. said:

Could have called the player by his name tbf

Yeah but if you're Romanian 4th official then you can't be expected to know who everyone not playing is by name. There's got to be a little common sense here.

And for the person above who said you don't hear anyone saying "white person" well if the roles were reversed and it was a black backroom team and dugout and one white person they didn't know the name if, they would say the white guy. 100% they would.

13 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Nah, probably not to be fair. 

I don’t know why not. He was the coach so it could easily be the case considering the players are in the stands that he was the only black guy there. If you don’t know the guys name, how would you describe him?  The coloured guy? Is that better. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I don’t know why not. He was the coach so it could easily be the case considering the players are in the stands that he was the only black guy there. If you don’t know the guys name, how would you describe him?  The coloured guy? Is that better. 

No, colored guy is just more racist isn't it.

When the official has to write a report about it will he write "black guy" in it? Do you refer to people in your work place as "black guy"

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Maybe he would have been happier with none white person? 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

When the official has to write a report about it will he continually write "black guy" in it? Do you refer to people in your work place as "black guy"

You're all over the place here. 

I don't know if you can't think things through too, but it's really easy (when it comes to writing the report) you find out who the black guy was because you've got time to write your report. In the heat of the moment, when something needs dealt with and you don't know his name what would you suggest? going marching right up to the one black guy and pointing at him? how do you think that looks?

I'd like to ask you a question - what is wrong with referring to someone as black if they are black?

People like you, I actually despise folk like you without even knowing you because you're a massive part of the problem. Attitudes like yours help to enable this shit show that has the world in tatters socially.

When the official has to write a report about it will he continually write "black guy" in it? Do you refer to people in your work place as "black guy"

He would get the coaches name by the report time. If he knew the coaches name he would of used it. 

If the referee said book the black guy it’s irrelevant which one then he would have a case but it was obvious he was trying to point out a specific guy and he used his most differential qualities to the others he was sitting beside. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

He would get the coaches name by the report time. If he knew the coaches name he would of used it. 

If the referee said book the black guy it’s irrelevant which one then he would have a case but it was obvious he was trying to point out a specific guy and he used his most differential qualities to the others he was sitting beside. 

So go to the effort of learning it at the time, check the name or number on his coaching jacket, it would have took about 10 seconds. 

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

You're all over the place here. 

I don't know if you can't think things through too, but it's really easy (when it comes to writing the report) you find out who the black guy was because you've got time to write your report. In the heat of the moment, when something needs dealt with and you don't know his name what would you suggest? going marching right up to the one black guy and pointing at him? how do you think that looks?

I'd like to ask you a question - what is wrong with referring to someone as black if they are black?

People like you, I actually despise folk like you without even knowing you because you're a massive part of the problem. Attitudes like yours help to enable this shit show that has the world in tatters socially.

You must carry a lot of hate for a lot of people, I don't despise you, I just pity you. :Fod:

So go to the effort of learning it at the time, check the name or number on his coaching jacket, it would have took about 10 seconds. 

That’s easier for players than coaches and it’s a heat of the moment situation. 
I think the player heard the word “negro” and that rightly offended him. It’s a translation issue rather than a racist one but in this day of age that referee won’t stand a chance. 

I had a black guy at my last work place, obviously called him by his name but if I had to point him out to another employee I think I would of said the black guy then obviously said his name. I wouldn’t of meant that in a racist way because I’m not one it’s just the easiest way to differentiate that guy from the rest which was the purpose I required. If the guy had ginger hair and the rest didn’t I would use that. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Pity me for what? 

can you answer my question instead please. 

I find you a bit of a tedious prick, sure we have been over this before, the premise of deciding why it is wrong to call someone black isn't for you to decide. I assume you simply continually refer to anyone who is of that skin color as black guy at all times in your work place and use that sole characteristic to define them though

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

That’s easier for players than coaches and it’s a heat of the moment situation. 
I think the player heard the word “negro” and that rightly offended him. It’s a translation issue rather than a racist one but in this day of age that referee won’t stand a chance. 

I had a black guy at my last work place, obviously called him by his name but if I had to point him out to another employee I think I would of said the black guy then obviously said his name. I wouldn’t of meant that in a racist way because I’m not one it’s just the easiest way to differentiate that guy from the rest which was the purpose I required. If the guy had ginger hair and the rest didn’t I would use that. 

He is neither player or coach he is an official, it is literally his job to handle heat of the moment situations in the best way possible.....on the premise of what you are saying incidents like this would happen often and would be excused away as heat of the moment, they don't and they aren't. 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I find you a bit of a tedious prick, sure we have been over this before, the premise of deciding why it is wrong to call someone black isn't for you to decide. I assume you simply continually refer to anyone who is of that skin color as black guy at all times in your work place and use that sole characteristic to define them though

OK so you can't call a black person black and it's not my call to make when formulating my own opinion on why it's not wrong to call a black person black :lol: 

When in a hole, stop digging. 

If I know who the person is, I would refer to him by his name - but if I didn't know and I had to describe him to someone, then I'd happily say the black guy without any remorse because there's no offence or intent there and it's a distinguishing characteristic. 

So by your own logic, black history month or black lives matter is redundant? because the folk involved shouldn't be referred to as black.

Can you answer my question now? third time of asking.

He is neither player or coach he is an official, it is literally his job to handle heat of the moment situations in the best way possible.....on the premise of what you are saying incidents like this would happen often and would be excused away as heat of the moment, they don't and they aren't. 

Fair enough but put yourself in the referees position last night. I’m presuming the coach in question was sitting in a bench with say three others who were white. You don’t know the coaches name and you are having a conversation with 3 other refs. Would you honestly have went to the coach that was causing an issue asked him to stand up to see the number on the back of his coaches uniform or asked him for his name or would you have found a way to differentiate him in what you would think was a private conversation that no one would earsdrop on? 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

OK so you can't call a black person black and it's not my call to make when formulating my own opinion on why it's not wrong to call a black person black :lol: 

When in a hole, stop digging. 

Can you answer my question now? third time of asking.

What question, about marching up to that particular coach and pointing at him, well it's nonsense for effect isn't it because there are 1,000 other alternative options than that . If he had simply asked the ref to go up to that particular coach in a more logical and sensible way as would normally be the case it would have been grand. 

I highly doubt he is the first coach to have kicked off at a game, won't be the last, can't think of any other instances when an official has used the term "black guy" to find a resolution before so it seems it can normally be dealt with pretty easily. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Fair enough but put yourself in the referees position last night. I’m presuming the coach in question was sitting in a bench with say three others who were white. You don’t know the coaches name and you are having a conversation with 3 other refs. Would you honestly have went to the coach that was causing an issue asked him to stand up to see the number on the back of his coaches uniform or asked him for his name or would you have found a way to differentiate him in what you would think was a private conversation that no one would earsdrop on? 

I wouldn't have used the term "black guy" to differentiate them, 3rd from left, 4th from right, the one in the middle. It's not that hard to differentiate people.