Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSG game to be restarted from where it was left off tomorrow. When the 4th official identified the Istanbul assistant  to the referee as "that black guy" or something similar it all blew up. Didn't realize that was racist language. I must be oh so 2019 in my attitudes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shuggy said:

PSG game to be restarted from where it was left off tomorrow. When the 4th official identified the Istanbul assistant  to the referee as "that black guy" or something similar it all blew up. Didn't realize that was racist language. I must be oh so 2019 in my attitudes.

 

It's absolutely unreal. This madness has to stop. 

The guy was black and you can't say coloured. 

Imagine instead of trying to describe who it was, the official went marching right up to him and pointed at him for extra clarity - does that not look a hundred times worse?

'Black Lives Matter' but you can't say black?

What a stupid, mongo environment the elites, liberals, Government, organisations and media have created.

Hope they're all satisfied :confused:

Shuggy, dougie76 and Bears like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GOAT said:

Calling someone a negro or the black guy is not fucking racist.

 

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes it is :lol: 

He called him something like Nuguru which in Romanian literally just translates to black person. 

In the coaches defence, he's probably heard negro as he doesn't speak Romanian but maybe if everyone wasn't obsessed with race and the official got the chance to explain to him properly without all the emotion in it it could have been cleared up?

No chance of that. People would rather have the shit storm and the momentum from this bandwagon going on forever instead of letting common sense prevail at some point.

roger9650 and dougie76 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

It's absolutely unreal. This madness has to stop. 

The guy was black and you can't say coloured. 

Imagine instead of trying to describe who it was, the official went marching right up to him and pointed at him for extra clarity - does that not look a hundred times worse?

'Black Lives Matter' but you can't say black?

What a stupid, mongo environment the elites, liberals, Government, organisations and media have created.

Hope they're all satisfied :confused:

The Latin for black is nigreos and in Spanish it's negra/negro. In the audio posted last night you hear the 4th official say "negra" which I'm assuming is the Romanian for black? Looks like they've heard this and assumed he was using it in the literal sense. Then it this assumption becomes the truth amongst both teams when most didn't hear it. A bit of a shambles.

Howsitgoing and Bears like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, don logan said:

The Latin for black is nigreos and in Spanish it's negra/negro. In the audio posted last night you hear the 4th official say "negra" which I'm assuming is the Romanian for black? Looks like they've heard this and assumed he was using it in the literal sense. Then it this assumption becomes the truth amongst both teams when most didn't hear it. A bit of a shambles.

It is meant in the literal sense. The only difference between a Romanian saying negru and an American saying negro is that the latter has fallen out of usage due to American cultural and political baggage, which Romania doesn't have. Negru is the Romanian word for describing a person as "a black". It's a noun, not an adjective. "Negro" is the English borrowed word from Spanish meaning the same. There's no reason to believe whatsoever that the official did so to be offensive, just descriptive, which was the most common way "negro" was used in English too (there being another notorious word to use when being offensive).

It seems from the clip that Demba Ba fully understood that the official was calling him a "black guy", it was describing the assistant manager by his colour that offended him. He must have picked up this sensitivity in liberal havens like Tory Britain, China and Turkey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JamieD said:

It is meant in the literal sense. The only difference between a Romanian saying negru and an American saying negro is that the latter has fallen out of usage due to American cultural and political baggage, which Romania doesn't have. Negru is the Romanian word for describing a person as "a black". It's a noun, not an adjective. "Negro" is the English borrowed word from Spanish meaning the same. There's no reason to believe whatsoever that the official did so to be offensive, just descriptive, which was the most common way "negro" was used in English too (there being another notorious word to use when being offensive).

It seems from the clip that Demba Ba fully understood that the official was calling him a "black guy", it was describing the assistant manager by his colour that offended him. He must have picked up this sensitivity in liberal havens like Tory Britain, China and Turkey.

Seen this . My opinion . The black footballers will eventually react to everything over the next few years and turn our game into a circus . In a way . It get's each one of them  into the spotlight . Farce 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

It's absolutely unreal. This madness has to stop. 

The guy was black and you can't say coloured. 

Imagine instead of trying to describe who it was, the official went marching right up to him and pointed at him for extra clarity - does that not look a hundred times worse?

'Black Lives Matter' but you can't say black?

What a stupid, mongo environment the elites, liberals, Government, organisations and media have created.

Hope they're all satisfied :confused:

Yep post of the morning for me . I actually hate this poxy hypocritical world we live in .

The media are loving this btw . It gives them another avenue to stoke things up , gets plenty of mileage from every story 

dougie76 and British_Empire like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, don logan said:

The Latin for black is nigreos and in Spanish it's negra/negro. In the audio posted last night you hear the 4th official say "negra" which I'm assuming is the Romanian for black? Looks like they've heard this and assumed he was using it in the literal sense. Then it this assumption becomes the truth amongst both teams when most didn't hear it. A bit of a shambles.

That’s what I’m thinking too. You hear him shouting “you said negro”. When someone explained to him that he meant “black” he altered it to “ you don’t say white player”.  
 

The guy will lose his refereeing license for that. If there was a group of black guys with one white guy in there would you not say “ the white guy” because I would. 

Bears likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

That’s what I’m thinking too. You hear him shouting “you said negro”. When someone explained to him that he meant “black” he altered it to “ you don’t say white player”.  
 

The guy will lose his refereeing license for that. If there was a group of black guys with one white guy in there would you not say “ the white guy” because I would. 

Nah, probably not to be fair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

It's absolutely unreal. This madness has to stop. 

The guy was black and you can't say coloured. 

Imagine instead of trying to describe who it was, the official went marching right up to him and pointed at him for extra clarity - does that not look a hundred times worse?

'Black Lives Matter' but you can't say black?

What a stupid, mongo environment the elites, liberals, Government, organisations and media have created.

Hope they're all satisfied :confused:

Could have called the player by his name tbf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...